PDA

View Full Version : Map Contest Sneak Peak

WiFFXI
12-18-2010, 06:38 PM
Hey guys. I finished the map I am going to be submitting for the map contest and wanted to know what you guys thought and if anyone would be interested in getting a sneak peak. I'm unemployed, so I won't be going to the pros vs joes thing. This is my chance and you have the opportunity to help! :)

I made my map from scratch on forge world after I heard about the contest. I have +20 hours invested in forging alone. If you have already made you mind on if you want to see the map or not, the pictures below might change your mind. Keep in mind they are just teasers.

Starting
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=11306045&player=WiFFXI

Overview
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=11306029&player=WiFFXI

Sneaky Beaver
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=11306006&player=WiFFXI

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Screenshot.ashx?fid=11306029&size=medium

So now for the details. Because now I know you want to see the map :D, all you have to do is sent me a message asking for an invite to test. It's that simple. My gamertag is WiFFXI. And the times you ask? For the rest of tonight (its 6:36pm CT) and all of tomorrow I will be on testing the map. As long as I receive your message between then count yourself in. I'm looking forward to playing with everyone from this great community! ;)

N!TRO
12-18-2010, 07:07 PM
Nice Dude! Yea I got to finish my spawn points tonight or flag and bomb. Good luck, I really hope a great map comes out of this contest.
-Nitro

WiFFXI
12-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Awesome! Dude we should play customs on each others map tonight. That would be cool.

N!TRO
12-18-2010, 10:52 PM
Ha I just got off finished the spawns. Hit me up tomorrow

Spudskii
12-18-2010, 11:39 PM
im in, we should play on mine too, nothing like the TLN community helping each other to make the best maps we can!

GT: Spudskii

WiFFXI
12-18-2010, 11:45 PM
Sounds great. I should be on almost all day tomorrow. You gotta love the holiday break with nothing to do!

ThisGuyPwnage
12-19-2010, 01:31 AM
this look really cool. i give you props especially since i cant forge. lol well i never try but i cant imagine doing that for hours and hours.. ive gotta relieve the trigger itch

Itz McFluffy
12-19-2010, 07:13 AM
if only i could forge....Well hit me up i'd love to play on your map

N!TRO
12-19-2010, 03:54 PM
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileShare.aspx?player=X%20N1TRO%20ODST%20X

Here is a little bit of what mine looks like

yea ill be on tonight after 9pm est

mrkillboy
12-19-2010, 06:32 PM
First off, You should take better pics of your map and embed them.

Second off, Nitro, you should be posting your map on his map thread.

N!TRO
12-19-2010, 07:37 PM

Well, First off if you or anyone else had an issue with what I did they should have DM me, thats seems to be the polite way to do that.

Second, if your trying to correct someone, make sure your sentence is correct, "you should be posting your map" I'm pretty sure you meant shouldn't.

And finally I could careless how the pics were taken. They are just pics. To tell you the truth we are going to be playing on each others map anyways later. Sorry, if your feelings were hurt in a earlier thread, when other members "try" to steal your thunder.

This is how I feel you should have corrected someone since you ARE a senior member and all. If thats the way you think things should roll. Wow, you definitely don't know how the real world works then. "Praise in public, Punish in private".

Now to WiFXXI and anyone else. I apologize if anyone's feelings were hurt about my earlier post.

-Nitro

WiFFXI
12-19-2010, 08:21 PM

To add my two cents as this is my thread, the pics of my map were only teasers. I took those discrete shots on purpose with the exact intent on NOT revealing anything about my map, but rather get people interested. If you didn't care enough about correcting and insulting people, you would have noticed all of the screenshots labeled Teaser 1, 2, 3. I know that people I'm competing against like you would see this thread, I didn't want to give anything away so people wouldn't steal it. So with that lets end this argument on my thread.

And Nitro, PM* LOL.

mrkillboy
12-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Well, First off if you or anyone else had an issue with what I did they should have DM me, thats seems to be the polite way to do that.

Second, if your trying to correct someone, make sure your sentence is correct, "you should be posting your map" I'm pretty sure you meant shouldn't.

And finally I could careless how the pics were taken. They are just pics. To tell you the truth we are going to be playing on each others map anyways later. Sorry, if your feelings were hurt in a earlier thread, when other members "try" to steal your thunder.

This is how I feel you should have corrected someone since you ARE a senior member and all. If thats the way you think things should roll. Wow, you definitely don't know how the real world works then. "Praise in public, Punish in private".

Now to WiFXXI and anyone else. I apologize if anyone's feelings were hurt about my earlier post.

-Nitro

My bad for a typo. I'll address someone the way I seem fit.

If you're X N1TRO ODST X, I can see why you're so butthurt.

N!TRO
12-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Nice Map WiFFXI, fix those spawns tonight and turn that shit in. GG tho.