PDA

View Full Version : Vegan

Havoc
02-02-2011, 02:54 PM
So me and a couple friends of mine decided to go Vegan (or "super Vegetarian") after seeing what horrible things are done in slaughter houses. It's beyond animal cruelty. But...it is hard to resist that delicious meat sometimes.

What do you guys think about Vegans?
Did you already know about what has been going on in these slaughter houses?
Are any of you Vegetarian?

Benjak
02-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Honsly, "Vegan" is not something I would ever do. I do not eat fast food or eat frozen meet (like tyson chicken wings for example). I buy all my meet, vegetables, fruit, and free-ranged eggs locally. Lucky for me I live in Vermont so this is all easily possible.

Justin21
02-02-2011, 03:01 PM
I think its really a personal choice, you cant enforce your agenda on some one like a lot of groups do. I personally love grilled chicken and meats. Thats not saying I condone what goes on and what goes into my body, but I make smart choices based on calories, sodium intakes, fats etc. I think becoming a vegan would be a great choice for any one who wants to detox their bodies and try something new.

KRILLIN
02-02-2011, 03:02 PM
I think I love meat and either:

a). We eat those animals that are bred for consumption.
or
b). We slaughter them back to unoverpopulated numbers and all go Vegan.

Those animals are going to die whether you eat them or not so you might as well enjoy. I don't care though. More steaks for me! Seriously though, I have no problem with how anyone chooses to live their lives as long as it doesn't effect the lives of others in a negative manner.

debo562
02-02-2011, 03:05 PM
I'm a vegetarian but not a vegan because from time to time I eat eggs or cheese that's pretty much the only thing that separates me from vegetarian and vegan. Congrats on being a vegan its tough :)

MichaelMongrel
02-02-2011, 03:13 PM
I think I love meat and either:

a). We eat those animals that are bred for consumption.
or
b). We slaughter them back to unoverpopulated numbers and all go Vegan.

Those animals are going to die whether you eat them or not so you might as well enjoy. I don't care though. More steaks for me! Seriously though, I have no problem with how anyone chooses to live their lives as long as it doesn't effect the lives of others in a negative manner.

I completely agree with what you said. And you probably worded it better than I would have.

Be vegan if you like, but it's not gonna stop animals from being slaughtered.
I guess it could go in the "controversial opinions" thread, but I believe that most animals are meant to be eaten, with the exception of the main pet animals. Hate me or not, that's what I believe.

Gravity
02-02-2011, 03:31 PM
I completely agree with what you said. And you probably worded it better than I would have.

Be vegan if you like, but it's not gonna stop animals from being slaughtered.
I guess it could go in the "controversial opinions" thread, but I believe that most animals are meant to be eaten, with the exception of the main pet animals. Hate me or not, that's what I believe.
One of the most common lunch table arguments at my school... we have a lot of vegans and vegetarians, and I feel like thats great if you want to do it, but they try to force it on everyone else, which gets annoying.

KRILLIN
02-02-2011, 03:40 PM
One of the most common lunch table arguments at my school... we have a lot of vegans and vegetarians, and I feel like thats great if you want to do it, but they try to force it on everyone else, which gets annoying.

Anyone that tries to force an opinion on someone else is annoying. One good thing about being big and strong is I don't get a whole lot of people doing that to me IRL lol.

Smallz08
02-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Anyone that tries to force an opinion on someone else is annoying. One good thing about being big and strong is I don't get a whole lot of people doing that to me IRL lol.

lol I wish I was big and strong hints the name Smallz. but I completely agree with what you said Krillin. I think that animals are here for us to eat but to much of it is harmful just like everything else. Harming animals just for the fun of it is something that I don't agree with at all but killing an animal to eat I don't see anything wrong with that. I will never force my beliefs on someone else I will just state what I believe and if they show interest I will go into why I believe but if they don't want to hear it I just go on. I don't see why people think they have the right to push their ideas on others.

chris_cr33p
02-02-2011, 04:07 PM
i know what goes on in those slaughter houses and i love meat. what ever makes it taste better and its not toxic so good for me

KRILLIN
02-02-2011, 04:09 PM
lol I wish I was big and strong hints the name Smallz. but I completely agree with what you said Krillin. I think that animals are here for us to eat but to much of it is harmful just like everything else. Harming animals just for the fun of it is something that I don't agree with at all but killing an animal to eat I don't see anything wrong with that. I will never force my beliefs on someone else I will just state what I believe and if they show interest I will go into why I believe but if they don't want to hear it I just go on. I don't see why people think they have the right to push their ideas on others.
Well, if you ever wanna get bigger and stronger just hit up the fitness thread and I'll be glad to give you a push in the right direction.

Makin
02-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Straight up I don't care I'm from Texas....we kill animals, but use all the meat!

Havoc
02-02-2011, 05:00 PM
i know what goes on in those slaughter houses and i love meat. what ever makes it taste better and its not toxic so good for me

I doubt that you do, but I won't argue.

Lately I've just been a "Money Vegan" lols. I eat meat if it's given to me, but I don't buy it, as I don't want to promote that type of business.

LeftyB
02-02-2011, 05:09 PM
i have been a vegetarian for about a week now and its going great. missed it a little bit at first but then i found some great vegetarian recipes and veggie burgers. now im not lookin back!

for me its really more of a health thing. being a vegetarian means i cant just stop and eat fast food or just eat whatever is in the pantry at the time. it makes me think about what im putting into my body and that, i think, is allowing me eat healthier and lose weight in the process.

Havoc
02-02-2011, 05:17 PM
i have been a vegetarian for about a week now and its going great. missed it a little bit at first but then i found some great vegetarian recipes and veggie burgers. now im not lookin back!

for me its really more of a health thing. being a vegetarian means i cant just stop and eat fast food or just eat whatever is in the pantry at the time. it makes me think about what im putting into my body and that, i think, is allowing me eat healthier and lose weight in the process.

Yeah man, ever since I did, I've been watching what I eat, read all the ingredients, and then I realize what nasty crap I've been putting into my body. I've lost weight, looking like a champ right now :D

Jewjitsu
02-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Idk, u only live once, might as well eat what tastes good. I couldnt live without chicken, i basically dont eat beef because i just dont like it, but i dont really care about what i eat as long as its good.

Joe Fries
02-02-2011, 07:35 PM
This is an awesome discussion. It's great to see so many people experimenting with a vegetarian/vegan diet. As much as I would like to see people making all of their choices based on their health, people will always make choices based on what tastes/feels good. This won't change until our entire culture does, but people are slowly becoming more aware of how bad some foods are. My dream is that we could revert to old school, normal farming, where lots of small farms provide foods for the town, and use technology when appropriate. When I say technology, I mean a greenhouse, basically, just enough to grow the food year round in those places that have winter.

If you want to get "BIG and STRONG" you can do that without eating meat. Carl Lewis was a vegan while being an olympic athlete. Truth is out there, you just have to get up and find it.

KRILLIN
02-02-2011, 07:39 PM
This is an awesome discussion. It's great to see so many people experimenting with a vegetarian/vegan diet. As much as I would like to see people making all of their choices based on their health, people will always make choices based on what tastes/feels good. This won't change until our entire culture does, but people are slowly becoming more aware of how bad some foods are. My dream is that we could revert to old school, normal farming, where lots of small farms provide foods for the town, and use technology when appropriate. When I say technology, I mean a greenhouse, basically, just enough to grow the food year round in those places that have winter.

If you want to get "BIG and STRONG" you can do that without eating meat. Carl Lewis was a vegan while being an olympic athlete. Truth is out there, you just have to get up and find it.

Carl Lewis was on steroids my man. And he wasn't exactly big and strong. But I get your point. To each his own. :D

Gaucho
02-02-2011, 08:32 PM
never treid it but i never feel full from veggies, but my dads lost 30 lbs from only eating fruits and veggies dyuring the day, over the past 2 months

Havoc
02-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Carl Lewis was on steroids my man. And he wasn't exactly big and strong. But I get your point. To each his own. :D

Um, no. It SEEMED like he was. Truth is:
Vegans have super powers.
Yeah, you get em after a few months of being vegan.

KRILLIN
02-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Um, no. It SEEMED like he was. Truth is:
Vegans have super powers.
Yeah, you get em after a few months of being vegan.
Gerard Butler a vegan? ;)

Havoc
02-03-2011, 03:16 AM
Gerard Butler a vegan? ;)

lol, No Gerard is not a Vegan. But Leonidas, and ALL the spartans: Hell yes. Believe it or not, even Master Chief took up the Vegan oath. Tis every Spartan's dream, to gain the title of Vegan.

KRILLIN
02-03-2011, 01:02 PM
lol, No Gerard is not a Vegan. But Leonidas, and ALL the spartans: Hell yes. Believe it or not, even Master Chief took up the Vegan oath. Tis every Spartan's dream, to gain the title of Vegan.

That's why they lost. Could have won the Battle of Thermopylae with a little meat power! JK

Havoc
02-03-2011, 04:37 PM
That's why they lost. Could have won the Battle of Thermopylae with a little meat power! JK

-.-
Don't get me started on why the Spartans lost.
Why don't you go ask Master Chief? I'm sure he'd be happy to explain what Spartans are truly capable of.

And this is sort of irrelevant but my College mascot is a Spartan LOL.

KRILLIN
02-03-2011, 04:40 PM
-.-
Don't get me started on why the Spartans lost.
Why don't you go ask Master Chief? I'm sure he'd be happy to explain what Spartans are truly capable of.

And this is sort of irrelevant but my College mascot is a Spartan LOL.

Michigan State?

OT I added a Vegan section to the Fitness Thread OP thanks to Joe Fries hooking me up with a good link. I am always open to new things health related.

Joe Fries
02-04-2011, 02:26 AM
In the process of making vegan pizza... so good.

KRILLIN
02-04-2011, 02:31 AM

I'm gonna just have to believe you on that one lol. Had some 3 meat pizza tonight... so good. :)

Kamikazeewoks
02-04-2011, 03:37 AM

lol oh Smallz!!

D Moralize
02-21-2011, 03:30 PM
I dont believe some animals are made to eat and some are pets, they're are animals that can be both like snakes and rabbits, I think we dont eat a couple kinds of animals because they dont taste very good or were useful for something else and slowly became our pets. To me eating a dog (but not someones pet) is the same thing as eating a cow. I believe that animals should not be tortured, I wish it was like Joe Fries said with the small farms, only with delicious animals. The hardest pat about the debate for me is that we dont know what animals are thinking, we assume they hate being locked up, but at the same time if they were wild they would have to look for food, experience hunger, and be subjected to the elements.

Havoc
02-21-2011, 06:56 PM
Well, we as humans have to work for food, not too hard but still. Would you rather do what you're doing now? Or be in prison, in such a small area that you can't move. And just be given food, and told to shit where you stand. That's hell. I'd rather die.

D Moralize
02-21-2011, 09:29 PM
I know but you cant think of it as a human, I dont like to eat my own poop, that would be hell for me but dogs do it. And im not saying they would rather only that we cant know and shouldnt base it off of how we as humans would react in that situation.

off topic but after seeing krillin and your awesome che-esque avatars im tempted to change mine to this:
http://th03.deviantart.net/fs28/150/p/2009/254/3/35ce2609c54048b3276ebce0838af7f8.jpg

Morgan
02-22-2011, 02:10 PM

Recipe please? :D

Joe Fries
02-22-2011, 07:39 PM
http://ohsheglows.com/2010/10/17/project-food-blog-challenge-5-a-pizza-complex/
Best pizza ever.

I always use loveveggiesandyoga.com for quick and easy recipes.