PDA

View Full Version : Community Challenge - Who is with me?

Araneatrox
08-28-2010, 08:25 AM
Well, my hate for the AR is unknown. I cannot stand to use that terrible excuse for a weapon. All the way through the beta i refused to use the weapon. Now that the pistol is a viable main weapon i was wondering if anyone else would like to join me in a little challenge, to never get a single kill with the AR in Halo reach.

So what do you think?

Crinkly Duke
08-28-2010, 09:40 AM
I'm in. I hate that weapon.

heuer89
08-28-2010, 10:53 AM
I probably will get a few kills with it. I end up playing a bunch of social so I'm bound to get a couple hundred kills eventually.

Thunder
08-28-2010, 10:57 AM
I absolutely hate that noob bullet hose! but I hate dying a little bit more so I don't plan on using it unless I absolutely have to... I'm just wandering how long it'll be til an MLG playlist comes out for reach?

Shy
08-28-2010, 10:58 AM
This might be a challenge.

Snipemare
08-29-2010, 12:49 AM
i plan to only play mlg and only use dmr, sniper, needle rifle, rockets, and pistol and any other mlg weapon included

Shy
08-29-2010, 12:52 AM
i plan to only play mlg and only use dmr, sniper, needle rifle, rockets, and pistol and any other mlg weapon included

So you're only going to play customs until they add an "MLG" playlist?

heuer89
08-29-2010, 09:57 AM

I'm calling it right now: MLG to use the AR as the staring weapon with Needler / Plasma Launcher as the power weapons. What we think of as "MLG" weapons will be forgotten when we finally move to these superior ones.

Shy
08-29-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm calling it right now: MLG to use the AR as the staring weapon with Needler / Plasma Launcher as the power weapons. What we think of as "MLG" weapons will be forgotten when we finally move to these superior ones.

Wouldn't that be fun. I wouldn't mind MLG adding a Pistol into MLG. Just something different, maybe make it like MW2 and you could pull it out faster than any other weapon.

ITCHY
08-29-2010, 06:09 PM
I'll accept this challenge. I've always, and always will hate the AR.

heuer89
08-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Wouldn't that be fun. I wouldn't mind MLG adding a Pistol into MLG. Just something different, maybe make it like MW2 and you could pull it out faster than any other weapon.

Then add a perk that makes you lunge twice the distance of the sword in Halo... Oh wait MW2 had that... they called it "Commando Pro." lol the most BS perk ever. >_<

Shy
08-29-2010, 10:57 PM
Then add a perk that makes you lunge twice the distance of the sword in Halo... Oh wait MW2 had that... they called it "Commando Pro." lol the most BS perk ever. >_<

HAHA when I get lunged by those kids with default settings in halo that's what I refer it as. COMMANDO LUNGE! They should take the good parts of MW2 and then implement them into Halo Reach. MW2 was a good game - just alittle TOO easy to get a kill unlike halo where it actually takes a bit of skill.

I just had an idea; what if they had SEARCH AND DESTROY in halo? Just think about it...

itwuzmagik
08-30-2010, 12:08 AM
I'm definitely down for this one :)

heuer89
08-30-2010, 02:26 PM
HAHA when I get lunged by those kids with default settings in halo that's what I refer it as. COMMANDO LUNGE! They should take the good parts of MW2 and then implement them into Halo Reach. MW2 was a good game - just alittle TOO easy to get a kill unlike halo where it actually takes a bit of skill.

I just had an idea; what if they had SEARCH AND DESTROY in halo? Just think about it...

You can make it yourself actually... 1 bomb, 2 plant sites, 3 minute? time limit, 1 life each, etc ;)

Only downside is bomb carrier can't shoot. Oh and of course make it so they can't see the bomb even when it's dropped. If I remember I may have to make this variant when Reach comes out... Might need help with figuring out good spots for the bomb sites on maps tho... :p

itwuzmagik
08-30-2010, 03:14 PM
You can make it yourself actually... 1 bomb, 2 plant sites, 3 minute? time limit, 1 life each, etc ;)

Only downside is bomb carrier can't shoot. Oh and of course make it so they can't see the bomb even when it's dropped. If I remember I may have to make this variant when Reach comes out... Might need help with figuring out good spots for the bomb sites on maps tho... :p
Cool idea im down for helping with this :)

heuer89
08-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Cool idea im down for helping with this :)

I'm actually not sure why someone hasn't done it yet in Halo 3. Either way it will be much nicer to do in Reach than in Halo. Plus if you know any good Forgers that could make a map with it in mind that'd be cool :p

itwuzmagik
08-30-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm actually not sure why someone hasn't done it yet in Halo 3. Either way it will be much nicer to do in Reach than in Halo. Plus if you know any good Forgers that could make a map with it in mind that'd be cool :p

yeah i'd have to agree it would be much better to do in reach than in h3

Hi im Jakey
08-30-2010, 06:48 PM
I was so negative with that weapon in the beta with it because i had about 2 kills with it, this challenge sounds good!

Shy
08-30-2010, 09:14 PM
I've always sucked at Forging. So I'll leave it up to you guys, when you're done with the final product. INVITE me! :)
Also; Has Bungie announced all the gametypes in Reach? You never know maybe they're a step ahead of us?

heuer89
08-30-2010, 10:59 PM
I've always sucked at Forging. So I'll leave it up to you guys, when you're done with the final product. INVITE me! :)
Also; Has Bungie announced all the gametypes in Reach? You never know maybe they're a step ahead of us?

I don't believe so. But I'm sure if you wanted you could find one of those jerks that are leaking Reach info out. I'm sure that is one of the things they've recorded so far..

Shy
08-31-2010, 01:21 AM
I don't believe so. But I'm sure if you wanted you could find one of those jerks that are leaking Reach info out. I'm sure that is one of the things they've recorded so far..

Yeah I saw on JTV of a guy broadcasting him actually playing Reach firefight and campaign. I didn't watch long.. I hate spoilers.

itwuzmagik
08-31-2010, 02:15 AM
Yeah I saw on JTV of a guy broadcasting him actually playing Reach firefight and campaign. I didn't watch long.. I hate spoilers.

Yeah a version was hacked off the marketplace and then put on torrent sites for download you can play it with a Jtag and modded xbox

Shy
08-31-2010, 02:19 AM
Yeah a version was hacked off the marketplace and then put on torrent sites for download you can play it with a Jtag and modded xbox

Yeah that's what he had was a JTAG. He was making his dashboard the old XNE dashboard or whatever. It was pretty cool. He also modded his CR (Credits) in Reach to unlimited.

itwuzmagik
08-31-2010, 02:20 AM
Yeah that's what he had was a JTAG. He was making his dashboard the old XNE dashboard or whatever. It was pretty cool. He also modded his CR (Credits) in Reach to unlimited.

Dang well way to be a douche (the guy i mean) i think everyone should have to pay to play the game bungie worked so hard on.

Shy
08-31-2010, 02:31 AM
Dang well way to be a douche (the guy i mean) i think everyone should have to pay to play the game bungie worked so hard on.

Yeah I agree but there will always be those type of people. I hope that Reach is "Hackable" like MW2 or any other games. To where people have modded lobbies or stuff like that. If you know who "Jester" is in Halo 3 - what if that happens more frequently in Reach? That'd just ruin the game. However I hope since there is not numerical rank in Reach there won't be as many derankers/boosters.

itwuzmagik
08-31-2010, 09:27 AM
Yeah I agree but there will always be those type of people. I hope that Reach is "Hackable" like MW2 or any other games. To where people have modded lobbies or stuff like that. If you know who "Jester" is in Halo 3 - what if that happens more frequently in Reach? That'd just ruin the game. However I hope since there is not numerical rank in Reach there won't be as many derankers/boosters.
Do you mean is not hackable????

heuer89
08-31-2010, 11:18 AM
Do you mean is not hackable????

lol I was thinking the same thing... But if so then I'm just gonna be pissed at those people that mod their stuff up to the max just like 10th Prestigers in MW2. That would actually ruin the game quite a bit for me...

itwuzmagik
08-31-2010, 11:38 AM
lol I was thinking the same thing... But if so then I'm just gonna be pissed at those people that mod their stuff up to the max just like 10th Prestigers in MW2. That would actually ruin the game quite a bit for me...

Part of the reason i don't play mw2 is all the hacks they have.

Shy
08-31-2010, 03:23 PM
Part of the reason i don't play mw2 is all the hacks they have.

Yes not-hackable. You'd just see all these fake CREDIT kids haha. If he's already doing that on his JTAG then he probably will be able to do it after the game is released to everyone else.

itwuzmagik
08-31-2010, 03:47 PM
Yes not-hackable. You'd just see all these fake CREDIT kids haha. If he's already doing that on his JTAG then he probably will be able to do it after the game is released to everyone else.

I can live with the guy having all the armors from credits just as long as he doesn't do something like that while im playing against him :p

heuer89
08-31-2010, 06:42 PM

Yea well I guess we'll see when the game comes out. Hopefully MM will still be enjoyable :p

Shy
08-31-2010, 08:22 PM
Yea well I guess we'll see when the game comes out. Hopefully MM will still be enjoyable :p

It will be.. but I really wish they would've kept like ranks. Like 1-50 - It was fun and a challenge getting high ranks in each playlist. It seems like it will get boring quick. Maybe the "Challenges" they added like MW2 will occupy our time.