PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Membership

CrankII
03-09-2011, 04:24 PM
How do i get a monthly membership? and will i be able to watch all the streams including the 6 team lan with a monthly membership?

Danimal04
03-09-2011, 04:37 PM
its easy. click on the stream tab, you should be able to upgrade from there. just enter a credit card number and... BAM your life will never be the same.

CrankII
03-09-2011, 04:43 PM
it says all i can buy is the stream for the 6 team lan which is $19.99

Forbidd3n
03-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Go to the TLN homepage then in the right upper corner where it says Welcome, (your name) there should be a "My Account" link. Click that.

CrankII
03-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Go to the TLN homepage then in the right upper corner where it says Welcome, (your name) there should be a "My Account" link. Click that.

when i go to upgrad it shows a red check mark on the left side of the upgrade box. and than it just says Thur 3/17- Mon 3/21 8am.. thats it no choice for a monthly membership

Morgan
03-09-2011, 05:09 PM
it says all i can buy is the stream for the 6 team lan which is $19.99

Really? There should be two options. A stream pass and a monthly. Try again by clicking the Stream tab, from there you should have upgrading options.

CrankII
03-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Really? There should be two options. A stream pass and a monthly. Try again by clicking the Stream tab, from there you should have upgrading options.

i have done it alot. tried mozilla and internet explorer and i only have one option....kinda frustrated right now

heuer89
03-09-2011, 05:16 PM
i have done it alot. tried mozilla and internet explorer and i only have one option....kinda frustrated right now

Send a PM to both Peridious (http://thelannetwork.com/forum/member.php?19) and dArF (http://thelannetwork.com/forum/member.php?1) and one of them should be able to help you. Be sure to be as descriptive as possible in sending the PM so they can help figure out the root of the problem as quickly as possible.

Morgan
03-09-2011, 05:16 PM
I just sent you a PM telling you what to do!

edit: I said the same thing as heuer lol :p

CrankII
03-09-2011, 05:38 PM
i sent a pm to Mr P. should i also send one to someone else or just wait? could it be a firewall issue or something?

Panda
03-09-2011, 06:03 PM
This is off of TLN's Twitter.

"At This Time The LAN Network will not be offering Memberships. All LAN could be viewed by purchasing a Stream Pass each Event !!"

Waterboy7
03-09-2011, 06:12 PM
This is off of TLN's Twitter.

"At This Time The LAN Network will not be offering Memberships. All LAN could be viewed by purchasing a Stream Pass each Event !!"

Yeeesh! I am sure it is only temporary , just pm them like the mods said.

Panda
03-09-2011, 06:14 PM
They also just posted again saying the people with Current Memberships will not be affected and still have the membership they paid for until their time is up.

C0ACHMAYNE
03-09-2011, 06:17 PM
wow, looks like they closed membership again, this has happened to me twice now, lol Once back in May and now

Gweedo888
03-09-2011, 06:30 PM
i am just glad i subscribed last month during the lan lol

Jewjitsu
03-09-2011, 06:54 PM
This blows, if i have to pay 20$ per lan then there is no way im paying that. And if there will only be lan passes now, then that means there wont be any more daily streams. This is not good.

Waterboy7
03-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Glad to binB4Lock so to say.... became Premium day 1 and never looked back! It's like I sacrifice a subway foot long every month :)

Hopefully Mr.P will clear things up a bit later.

CrankII
03-09-2011, 07:19 PM
This blows, if i have to pay 20$ per lan then there is no way im paying that. And if there will only be lan passes now, then that means there wont be any more daily streams. This is not good.

yeah this is definitely not good. i was hopin to actually watch it but im def not payin $20 per lan.

rasha fasha
03-09-2011, 07:35 PM
I love TLN as much as anybody else, and I was about to get my premium pass back up and going, but I can't afford 20 bucks a LAN. If i bought all 3 LANs this month I would spend 60 bucks which is some serious cash I can't afford to drop on watching some pros play Halo I'm sorry TLN.

PlasTlC
03-09-2011, 08:10 PM
wow, i hope something is wrong because to make all the loyal fans of TLN pay $20 a lan is stupid. They made this site for the fans, and I dont think many (loyal) fans will be willing to pay that per lan when we were paying 5 dollars. I wish it would go back to lansnow.com because then they would be streaming everyday and lanning every month for free. If i really have to pay $20 a lan, Ill just become a jtv kid.
Hopefully somthing is just wrong with the system righ now.

Shelly
03-09-2011, 08:37 PM
$20 per lan?? :( whyyyy??
What about when they're streaming randomly? I don't get it :(
SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME PLEASEEE :/

CrankII
03-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Im new to TLN but i have watched it at my buddies house and loved it. and i know im new and it wont mean alot but i get it. $5 was reasonable but $20 per LAN is just insane. thats more than i pay for my XBL acc a month. so i mean is it worth it, not really. will i do it, probably not. so basically i mean im sorry but i cant just afford it especially in this economy in michigan... :(

Imp3nded
03-09-2011, 08:47 PM
It should be obvious why this is being done.

Perks of never canceling my Premium Membership, baby. ;)

heuer89
03-09-2011, 09:06 PM
$20 per lan?? :( whyyyy??
What about when they're streaming randomly? I don't get it :(
SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME PLEASEEE :/

"All current Premium and 2 Month Members will not be affected for the time they have left on there Memberships."

Don't you already have premium? So won't you be unaffected?

Im new to TLN but i have watched it at my buddies house and loved it. and i know im new and it wont mean alot but i get it. $5 was reasonable but $20 per LAN is just insane. thats more than i pay for my XBL acc a month. so i mean is it worth it, not really. will i do it, probably not. so basically i mean im sorry but i cant just afford it especially in this economy in michigan... :(

I honestly don't know very much with what's going on with the no new memberships right now but I am definitely sorry about this whole thing right now. Hopefully we can find out more information about this and pass it along to ya'll so that we all know what is going on. It could just be that they're redoing the system to make it easier and simpler to use.

FinnIsH3re
03-09-2011, 09:43 PM
I can't believe you guys would do this!?! Totally unreasonable. I'm not a premium member at the moment. The one time I tried to be my credit card was charged, but I wasn't allowed access. I had to go through my credit card company to get my money back. That's why I've been buying two-month memberships, via Paypal. I thought being charged $10 per lan would be bad enough, but now Shelly says it's $20! That's wrong. I've been watching this network from day one and I can't believe they would do this?

Panda
03-09-2011, 10:04 PM
I can't believe you guys would do this!?! Totally unreasonable. I'm not a premium member at the moment. The one time I tried to be my credit card was charged, but I wasn't allowed access. I had to go through my credit card company to get my money back. That's why I've been buying two-month memberships, via Paypal. I thought being charged $10 per lan would be bad enough, but now Shelly says it's $20! That's wrong. I've been watching this network from day one and I can't believe they would do this?

I'm sure there is a logical explanation behind it. There is either an error, or maybe TLN is having troubles financially since Mr. P runs this site out of his pocket. Either way, just wait it out, and we will see whats going on.

FinnIsH3re
03-09-2011, 11:05 PM
I appreciate the "cooler heads should prevail" point of view, Panda, but the way the business side, of this site, has been handled has left me wanting. I think that such a drastic change in their payment/subscription policy should go hand-in-hand with an explanation. They shouldn't just lob a grenade like this, via a small tweet, leaving their subscribers left to wonder why.

forefront
03-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Agreed finn. I trust that whatever is happening will be explained in full though.

Panda
03-09-2011, 11:58 PM
I appreciate the "cooler heads should prevail" point of view, Panda, but the way the business side, of this site, has been handled has left me wanting. I think that such a drastic change in their payment/subscription policy should go hand-in-hand with an explanation. They shouldn't just lob a grenade like this, via a small tweet, leaving their subscribers left to wonder why.

Good point :) Didn't really think about it that way, ha. I just hope its cleared up soon, I'm pretty sure my subscription runs out fairly soon, and I don't exactly feel like paying the 20 bucks either :/

KRILLIN
03-10-2011, 12:03 AM
Bandwidth issue? IDK :(

Schwalm
03-10-2011, 12:43 AM
I just bought the 2 month a week ago, I'll be hella mad if they stopped it.

Jewjitsu
03-10-2011, 12:47 AM
Good point :) Didn't really think about it that way, ha. I just hope its cleared up soon, I'm pretty sure my subscription runs out fairly soon, and I don't exactly feel like paying the 20 bucks either :/

Yea, my membership renews on the 18th, and i really want to see the lans, but i cant afford 20 bucks, no way.

Shelly
03-10-2011, 02:01 AM
I am a Premium Member, but it doesn't matter that it isn't affecting me personally, but it's affecting new members, and members who pay for every single LAN. This is a bad way to make more money, if anything, if they wanted to lose money, this would be the way to do it.
Obviously they're smart enough to think of good ways to help cover the costs of this website (PvJ for example), so this clearly isn't something that will stay permanent. I just hope to god that they know what they're doing right now :/

EDIT : could be to help cover the costs of the brand new monitors that they just got in? But that's just a random thought.

PK Toolboxxx
03-10-2011, 02:16 AM
im sure this will be cleared up. they might have over extended themselves with all the lans coming up. let them work it out and until they tell us whats up dont freak out.

D Moralize
03-10-2011, 02:33 AM
Obviously they're smart enough to think of good ways to help cover the costs of this website (PvJ for example)

PvJ is to pay the pros I thought? I think its basic supply and demand really, they need more money and rather than raising the rates for us they are going to stop subscriptions for a while right before the event when alot of people will want to see the LANs so they can make that extra money without punishing the loyal members

heuer89
03-10-2011, 02:44 AM
I'm just going to lock this for now until someone that actually knows something responds. Which they will be able to since Admins and Mods can reply to closed threads. I'm sure an official announcement will be coming from Mr P or someone else.