PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay Evaluations by TLN!

TACO
09-30-2010, 06:12 AM
i was just thinking if WE the Community can get evaluated by pros from TLN and have whoever watches the film talk about it in a certain forum topic.

and we would be graded?

its 5 in the morning and probably dont make any sense but it would be cool if mr.p and the rest of the gang would take this into consideration??:o

Morgacht
09-30-2010, 09:04 AM
That's an excellent idea man. That'd be a cool segment for sure and helpful for the community.

Araneatrox
09-30-2010, 09:16 AM
We had something like this for H3, but it was all mashed into a single thread about helping people, customs and what not. So Good idea IMO

Mr P
09-30-2010, 09:59 AM
I Like this idea, I encourage everybody to do the same and come up with idea's !! Great stuff !!

Antidote
09-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Yeah i like this. I wouldn't even mind letting some of the more senior members grade videos too. I'd totally be down for letting Mr. P. grade one of mine haha.

MS eMeRaLd
09-30-2010, 10:30 AM
sound like a great idea.

System
09-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Sounds like a really good idea. I'm guessing for Reach since Halo 3 is going to be over before we know it.

Smallz08
09-30-2010, 05:15 PM
That sounds pretty good to me... even though I pretty much suck.

vontoxic
09-30-2010, 05:43 PM
That sounds pretty good to me... even though I pretty much suck.

Thats Whats so awesome about getting evaluated. You get a ton of feedback.

Here is an example from the old thread (http://thelannetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?245-The-Community-Review-(Games-Edition))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih1WaCVzho0
Generally I play pretty sloppy, I could use a review/evaluation. Thanks guys!

First thing, your BR was off that game. If that's how your BR usually is, you need to work on your shot.

Secondly, awareness. This is at the top of the list when it comes to important things you need to be amazing at this game. There were a few times I saw you so focused on a guy that was hiding from you that you totally were oblivious to the fact that there are other enemies in your vision. Let's take the example of when you were sitting P3 and trying to kill the guy Gold 2 (that was hiding behind a wall). You knew perfectly well that there were 2-3 other guys roaming Red 2, and had you been facing a good team, you would have been lit up before you could say Bologna.

Third thing, you like to hug the Red and Blue base. If this is what you like to do, you need to put yourself in positions of power. Go up to the towers on the two bases this way you can get a good vantage point of many angles on the map. You seem to roam around Blue/Red 2 and Blue/Red 1 too much.

@Vontoxic

First and most importantly, as Impended said. You Br is not your strong point, If you add my Gamertag(Araneatrox) i have some great custom games you can use to work on your Br.

I also saw that you were challenging far too much while you were weak, if your 1 shot and challenging enemies you are just giving away kills. You dont always have to be full shield to challenge someone if you get the first shot or 2. But i would never challenge someone while i had less then 1/4 shields. But also, if you see someone and you are one shot throw a nade at their feet. One of the best ways to get them weak without them knowing where you are before. Remember Grenades are your friends, unless they hit something and decide to just stick there.

I would also say you spent far too much time chasing people and BRing them in the back. Either call them out for your team, but if that is not an option. Nade the area you think they are heading towards and BR then when you see them pop out.

Hope it helps

@ Von Toxic
Since you have already been critiqued twice mine will be short.
At the start of the game it would be best for you to either rush a side like gold or p3 or go top middle.
Also that nade you threw at the beginning was no good. When you throw a grenade don't take it for granted they are more useful than a Br in many ways. Save your grenade for whatever side you rush and try to throw it in the most likely place a rusher will be.
However I did like that from the start you were helping your teammates and reacting to call outs, cleaning up the guy blue court. At about two minutes into the game you find yourself at Blue base and you see a guy there. Before you shoot another guy spawns but you still engage. The best thing to do even if you did put a shot in him was to leave to either G1 or G2 and get your teammates help.
Other than that just work on your routes/map placement. If you play octagon or something along those lines your BR will get tons better :)
I really hope this was helpful and thanks for posting your video.

OFFTOPIC: TLN Members have so many great ideas the only thing is that we don't keep them organized with guidelines some times. Just something I've noticed. I think that is why so many great threads get started and end up falling short.

MS eMeRaLd
10-02-2010, 11:11 PM
my evaluation of my own gameplay is........ u guys kill me too much :)

Araneatrox
10-26-2010, 11:07 AM
Ninja Resurrection with one of my Gameplays. Forefront popped onto live for the first time in ages and we get some team objective on the go. 23-0 Not bad even if i do say so myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GKzI_Nb9ls&feature=sub

Thanks for Vontoxic for capping. Now, everyone else post their gameplay i need to watch some good people play reach.

itwuzmagik
10-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Ninja Resurrection with one of my Gameplays. Forefront popped onto live for the first time in ages and we get some team objective on the go. 23-0 Not bad even if i do say so myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GKzI_Nb9ls&feature=sub

Thanks for Vontoxic for capping. Now, everyone else post their gameplay i need to watch some good people play reach.

Lol at the random tea bag aran what i see is the need for some changes in your decision making. Skill with the DMR is ok but I can't really get a gauge on your awareness because those guys weren't too good. lol

Imp3nded
10-26-2010, 04:37 PM
OMG. They were sooooo bad. Lol.

Araneatrox
10-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Yea they were terrible, its about the only gameplay that i have. This was more of necro thread revival cus i want to see some more gameplay from people on TLN.

I would upload some gameplay from my Customs this afternoon but it was the first time i had played halo in over a week and my DMR was just terrible.

itwuzmagik
10-26-2010, 07:11 PM
I will hopefully upload my gameplay soon :)

Smallz08
10-27-2010, 12:15 AM
well I don't really have any way of capping my gameplay in decent quality so ya... and I bet it would be painful for most of you to watch but helpful to me. I want to get better so bad.

itwuzmagik
10-31-2010, 09:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhyqupvpk3w

Be gentle
Stats :) (http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?guid=5041826467671801299)

MS eMeRaLd
11-01-2010, 09:28 AM
well as a whole i felt that the team didnt seem objective based enough, there were some good oppotunities to grab flag when u had numbers and didnt.
but then on the other hand when u did grab flag u tried maybe too hard to cap it, (all 4 members of your team running up main ramp to cap flag?)
aside from that rest seemed ok

Araneatrox
11-01-2010, 10:32 AM
First of all, never run Flag through rocks on Sanc, the way the spawns work means there is such a high chance of the enemy spawning there 9/10 times your going to get spawned on and backwacked like you did at the start.
I would also say, try working on your Shot pacing with the DMR, it was very very spammy and you were lucky to get away 6 or 7 times 6:30 in the vid being a prime example, there was no need to spam him for the 12 shot kill.

itwuzmagik
11-01-2010, 11:11 AM
well as a whole i felt that the team didnt seem objective based enough, there were some good oppotunities to grab flag when u had numbers and didnt.
but then on the other hand when u did grab flag u tried maybe too hard to cap it, (all 4 members of your team running up main ramp to cap flag?)
aside from that rest seemed ok

First of all, never run Flag through rocks on Sanc, the way the spawns work means there is such a high chance of the enemy spawning there 9/10 times your going to get spawned on and backwacked like you did at the start.
I would also say, try working on your Shot pacing with the DMR, it was very very spammy and you were lucky to get away 6 or 7 times 6:30 in the vid being a prime example, there was no need to spam him for the 12 shot kill.

Thanks for the input guys. Aran yes i did spam lol but the reason i did at 6:30 and i remember what is was thing, was because I had missed my first 2 or 3 shots on him twitching my controller around so I spammed to catch up because he had shots on me and I was close range just a bad dmr on me overall. And yeah rock's are a bad way to run it on that gametype but if a teammate pushes out past midway on their snipe bridge they won't spawn rocks they will spawn under turret or under our carbine. At least most of the time and I thought one of my teammates was pushing but I still shouldn't have run it that way. Yes we did try to hard for those flags and thanks for pointing that out, I will talk with my team.

Sabrea
11-03-2010, 05:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXib3XGU74E&feature=player_embedded
Here is another one on sword base I hope you guys can analyse it well!

mrkillboy
11-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Here is some of my gameplay from a warm up match on Sanctuary TS. I hit a nice bounce shot, but I do poorly with the snipe that game. My DMR isn't too hot either. Just give me some feedback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdGtNulvV1Y

Antidote
11-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Did you plan on recording this one for the community? Because you ogre twitched only once (meaning its not a habit) and your play started off very passive and decent at the beginning and then turned to an aggressive spam push towards the end. Seems like at the beginning you were trying to look good then as it went on you said "Screw it".

- Accuracy and spamming
- Awareness of the enemy (could be a team problem not necessarily yours)
- No teamwork from what could be seen.

+ General know how of the game and how to position yourself.
+ Decent nade placement.
+ Good job surviving.

Everything seemed to fall apart in the end like i previously stated.

mrkillboy
11-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Was a warm up
Team problem, they called out a few times.
Teammates didn't callout enough.

Antidote
11-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Was a warm up
Team problem, they called out a few times.
Teammates didn't callout enough.

You ogre twitch once at the beginning of every warm up?

mrkillboy
11-11-2010, 03:30 AM
You ogre twitch once at the beginning of every warm up?

Yeah. Why?