Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super SaiyLAN

MLG Ref
    AotM
    Are we going by Adult age or mentality?

When we say bad posts are we talking quality? Cuz sometimes mine don't add any value to nuffin

Tell an adult?? YESSS.

haha let's get serious.

LAN Fan

Photobucket
    Quote Originally Posted by wookiemanx View Post
    What if the adult is a stranger. I was always told not to talk to strangers.
    Stranger Danger. Stranger Danger.
    Brian "The Outlaw" Wyatt ... I'm a F/A
    Follow me @TheOutlaw_
    GT: I am The 0utlaw
    "All I'm Saying is I'm Just Saying"

LAN Helsing

Fantasy Camper
    Astro Gaming

How to deal with a troll.

If you encounter a troll here are some tips to help deal with them.

First recognize the type of troll you encounter. There are three basic types of trolls and here is the list in order of severity from moderate to extreme.

1) Is the base troll. Their points are usually random and have no help to the topic at hand, but usually are funny post. And tend to not re-occur often, or later post on topic. Every one trolls once in a while its ok.

2) Is the repeat troll. Like the base troll they do not support the current topic being discussed, but unlike the base troll they continue to post off topic, and can lead to a flame war.

3) Troll number 3, continues on Troll number 2. Yet at a more severe level. Their post tend to be violent in nature, and feed of the reactions others give them.

In all cases of trolls it is good to not respond to them, as the response to them can continue their actions. Although responding to a level 1 troll may not be as serious as I state this it is always good to think before you post, especially when responding to a troll. If you notice a troll please check the severity at which they are. Questions to ask yourself. Is this a member joking around with a random trolling post? Is he/she a repeat offender? Are they acting at a level 3?

If you answer NO, Yes, Yes. Please PM a moderator about this person, because Trolls hurt the community and do not need to be posting on this site.

If you answer no, no, yes. Please let a moderator know still, as violent behavior should not be encouraged.

If you answer no, no, no. Do not respond to their post, and only let a moderator know if you think it is truly think that this person mat become a problem.

This is my short write up about how to deal with trolls, I hope people will read this and understand how to deal with trolls better.
    ˙ʎɹoןƃ sʇı uı ןıɐɟ sɹǝɥʇo ןןɐ ˙ǝʇısqǝʍ ʇsǝq ǝɥʇ sı ʞɹoʍʇǝu uɐן ǝɥʇ

The Summer League http://thelannetwork.com/forum/showt...-Summer-League

Super SaiyLAN

MLG Ref
    AotM
    Nice write up man. Trolls are bad m'kay!

Administrator

High Score
    Astro Gaming
    Admin
    Forum Administrator | Online Tournament Manager

Have any questions about the site? Feel free to contact me via [B][U][URL="http://thelannetwork.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=467"]PM[/URL][/U][/B] | [B][U][URL="http://twitter.com/HisforHOYR"]Twitter[/URL][/U][/B] | [B][U][email="jh@thelannetwork.com"]Email[/email][/U][/B]

[B][U][URL="http://thelannetwork.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?16"]Feedback? Suggestions?[/URL][/U][/B] | [B][U][URL="http://thelannetwork.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?17"]Find a problem with the site?[/URL][/U][/B].

LAN Fan

lol tell an adult! Dont think i can! My momma is out all day and i dont wanna get her mad by calling her! im i being a troll? loll
    Sponser message from Major league Ginger!

"Everyone knows gingers don't have souls. They don't need them. Did you know they don't need thumbs either?"

Martian LANhunter

Astro Gaming
    dang man trollin hard
    GO GREEN!!!!

GT: CHRIS CR33P | Twitter | Interview with Mr P
    Starcraft Character code: 352 : ChrisCreep : Diamond : Protoss/Zerg

LANimal

Original
    this thread NEEDED to happen
    GT: ReFlex S2

Quote Originally Posted by Forbidd3n View Post
    An English teacher somewhere is very unhappy after this post.