Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Martian LANhunter

Quote Originally Posted by ArrYeMatey View Post
    A few:
    Those on death row (and perhaps those who have a life sentence) should be given to scientists so they can have human test subjects for experimental drugs and such.
    The US should adopt much harsher penalties for DUIs. 1 time = big fine or jail time (1mo or so). 2 = 1 year. 3 = life (fuck you drunk drivers.)
    Every man must pass a military training program and be reevaluated every 3 years. (Don't have to enlist, just pass the training.)
    Classes (or any workplace test) should be catered to the smartest, not the middle or dumbest. Stop lowering standards.
    NASA should get a lot more money.
    Cruel and unusual punishment.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts about why every man should pass a military training program every three years.
    ...What happens if you don't pass.
    ...how much would it cost to have an instructor in every region in the U.S run every male through an evaluation program
    ...What would be the punishment of not showing up to this, more money spent on finding people that don't go to this
    ...What would be tested.

But if we lower our standards, more students will pass and the government will give us more money /s

I agree NASA should get more money.
    ...Where do we find the money to fund NASA.
    ...Even speaking of lowering military spending in the U.S. is a traitorous crime.
    GT: Dust Tri
    Centex --- Dust - Triggxr - Saiyxn - Quixsilvxr

Quote Originally Posted by Ecks Nine View Post
    Cruel and unusual punishment.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts about why every man should pass a military training program every three years.
    ...What happens if you don't pass.
    ...how much would it cost to have an instructor in every region in the U.S run every male through an evaluation program
    ...What would be the punishment of not showing up to this, more money spent on finding people that don't go to this
    ...What would be tested.

But if we lower our standards, more students will pass and the government will give us more money /s

I agree NASA should get more money.
    ...Where do we find the money to fund NASA.
    ...Even speaking of lowering military spending in the U.S. is a traitorous crime.
    Then use those on death row, and if there are any crazy side effects, kill them then and there.

Red Dawn is going to happen. I SWEAR IT!!!!!
    Haven't really though about it in depth, but in the event of an invasion (RED DAWN DAMNIT), if every man had some military training, we'd be a lot better off. I think there are bases all over the country, so one should be relatively close. Pay for it by ending these "wars" and bringing standing troops in other countries (that aren't doing anything) back. This alone should be enough to pay for this program.
    A tax break incentive would be put forward if you passed the training, and everyone loves to get a tax break. If you don't do it, no penalty, you just don't receive a nice tax break.
    Just the basics as they would not be enlisting. I just think it would be good if there was a time when the US really needed members, there would already be an understanding of the basic things, and more advanced things can be taught straight away.

Haha that statement is too true . But the standards can't be raised because there would be to much uproar. "School is to hard, I can't get a C!" Also I read a while back some city lowered the grade needed to pass the police (or fire I forget which) written test. The passing score was equivalent to a D. I wasn't sure if the article was serious or not, but it was .

NASA's budget is in the 3-4b range. Sounds like a lot, but for a government budget of over 1t, thats nothing. I'm sure they could find an extra 5-10[0]b (I wish) for NASA.
    Last edited by ArrYeMatey; 05-07-2011 at 10:19 PM.