Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
    LANce Armstrong

Attacking the flag...

I was watching Maniiac's POV on the VOD, and I noticed something. Str8 completely annihilated them. Now, I don't claim to be very knowledgeable or very good at this game, but I started to take notice of how they were attacking the flag. It seems to me, that their strategy was to put a guy top middle, and a guy top A/B or A/B street to cover spawners. This is obvious, and is what most people do. What I noticed was that they sent one guy to the stairs on the side of the map where they were spawning, and one guy up front jump. Now, if I thought about it in my way of thinking, I would want the stairs guy to come from the opposite side, and have the front jump guy somewhere up top to help spawn trap. However, it looked like they would kill the spawners while the stairs guy helped shoot, and tanked shots. Then the front jump guy would run flag bottom mid. They almost always had a guy going front jump, and I realized how much better of a route this is. You cannot be seen by anyone seen by any spawners unless they push across. Then, if they see you and shoot, they have given up their postion (if they got across un-noticed.) Otherwise, the front jump also allows for much better cover when the spawners start spamming their flag with nades. Then, if the guy that went stairs lives, he either runs the next flag in, or sets up on the opposite box to help slay.

I am sure this is no news to some of you, but I hope that this may help someone, and possibly start a trend of players using the VOD as a tool. Post something you've discovered, and see what other players think. I already said that I don't consider myself a good player, so let me know what you think, and add your own advice if you have some.

Bruce LANner

You're learning..
    GT: Shy S55 - TD: 50 MLG: 50 TSL: 50 TSW- 47 LW: 46 2.12 K/D UNDER 600 EXP.

Administrator

High Score
    Astro Gaming
    Admin
    Once the VoD is up, TLN's VoD is gonna be amazing for learning new ways to play maps.

LANce Armstrong

Haha, I am learning shy. I have been to events to spectate, and have made some good friends there. I can't run games with any of them though cuz I'm not very good myself. Hopefully, come Reach, I'll have the right mindset to play with the big boys.

Sir LANs-a-lot

i quite liked Final Bosses tactic on Heretic of taking control of pink and having OG2 over on carbine to clean up kills. it was simple but effective.
    GT: eMeRaLcl

Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by MS eMeRaLd View Post
    i quite liked Final Bosses tactic on Heretic of taking control of pink and having OG2 over on carbine to clean up kills. it was simple but effective.
    Agreed! sometimes theres just no need for difficult strats when all it takes is perfect execution of a simple one