Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegan

LAN Fan

Thumbs up Vegan

So me and a couple friends of mine decided to go Vegan (or "super Vegetarian") after seeing what horrible things are done in slaughter houses. It's beyond animal cruelty. But...it is hard to resist that delicious meat sometimes.

What do you guys think about Vegans?
    Did you already know about what has been going on in these slaughter houses?
    Are any of you Vegetarian?
    F/A 2012
    Message for Scrims.

Photobucket
    Astro Gaming
    Honsly, "Vegan" is not something I would ever do. I do not eat fast food or eat frozen meet (like tyson chicken wings for example). I buy all my meet, vegetables, fruit, and free-ranged eggs locally. Lucky for me I live in Vermont so this is all easily possible.

Jean-Claude LAN Damme

Original
    I think its really a personal choice, you cant enforce your agenda on some one like a lot of groups do. I personally love grilled chicken and meats. Thats not saying I condone what goes on and what goes into my body, but I make smart choices based on calories, sodium intakes, fats etc. I think becoming a vegan would be a great choice for any one who wants to detox their bodies and try something new.

Super SaiyLAN

MLG Ref
    AotM
    I think I love meat and either:

a). We eat those animals that are bred for consumption.
    or
    b). We slaughter them back to unoverpopulated numbers and all go Vegan.

Those animals are going to die whether you eat them or not so you might as well enjoy. I don't care though. More steaks for me! Seriously though, I have no problem with how anyone chooses to live their lives as long as it doesn't effect the lives of others in a negative manner.

Crawler

I'm a vegetarian but not a vegan because from time to time I eat eggs or cheese that's pretty much the only thing that separates me from vegetarian and vegan. Congrats on being a vegan its tough
    GT - Debo562
    add for some MLG

TLN Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by KRILLIN View Post
    I think I love meat and either:

a). We eat those animals that are bred for consumption.
    or
    b). We slaughter them back to unoverpopulated numbers and all go Vegan.

Those animals are going to die whether you eat them or not so you might as well enjoy. I don't care though. More steaks for me! Seriously though, I have no problem with how anyone chooses to live their lives as long as it doesn't effect the lives of others in a negative manner.
    I completely agree with what you said. And you probably worded it better than I would have.

Be vegan if you like, but it's not gonna stop animals from being slaughtered.
    I guess it could go in the "controversial opinions" thread, but I believe that most animals are meant to be eaten, with the exception of the main pet animals. Hate me or not, that's what I believe.
    My name is Tim... Michael is my middle name.
    GT: MonGReLiTy
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/Healing_X_Cuts/Boston_Red_Sox_logo.jpg
    Still blazin, still blazin, still blazin.
    Cause ganja power its so amazin.

Sir LANs-a-lot

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMongrel View Post
    I completely agree with what you said. And you probably worded it better than I would have.

Be vegan if you like, but it's not gonna stop animals from being slaughtered.
    I guess it could go in the "controversial opinions" thread, but I believe that most animals are meant to be eaten, with the exception of the main pet animals. Hate me or not, that's what I believe.
    One of the most common lunch table arguments at my school... we have a lot of vegans and vegetarians, and I feel like thats great if you want to do it, but they try to force it on everyone else, which gets annoying.
    gt: EtR Gravity
    SC2: EtRGravity.265
    http://www.justin.tv/etrgravity
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/MLG_Gravity
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/EmbracetheReality

Super SaiyLAN

MLG Ref
    AotM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravity View Post
    One of the most common lunch table arguments at my school... we have a lot of vegans and vegetarians, and I feel like thats great if you want to do it, but they try to force it on everyone else, which gets annoying.
    Anyone that tries to force an opinion on someone else is annoying. One good thing about being big and strong is I don't get a whole lot of people doing that to me IRL lol.

LAN Helsing

Quote Originally Posted by KRILLIN View Post
    Anyone that tries to force an opinion on someone else is annoying. One good thing about being big and strong is I don't get a whole lot of people doing that to me IRL lol.
    lol I wish I was big and strong hints the name Smallz. but I completely agree with what you said Krillin. I think that animals are here for us to eat but to much of it is harmful just like everything else. Harming animals just for the fun of it is something that I don't agree with at all but killing an animal to eat I don't see anything wrong with that. I will never force my beliefs on someone else I will just state what I believe and if they show interest I will go into why I believe but if they don't want to hear it I just go on. I don't see why people think they have the right to push their ideas on others.
    GT: Kevin Smallz

YOUR KILLING ME SMALLz!

Martian LANhunter

Astro Gaming
    i know what goes on in those slaughter houses and i love meat. what ever makes it taste better and its not toxic so good for me
    GO GREEN!!!!

GT: CHRIS CR33P | Twitter | Interview with Mr P
    Starcraft Character code: 352 : ChrisCreep : Diamond : Protoss/Zerg