Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vegan

Super SaiyLAN

MLG Ref
    AotM
    Quote Originally Posted by Smallz08 View Post
    lol I wish I was big and strong hints the name Smallz. but I completely agree with what you said Krillin. I think that animals are here for us to eat but to much of it is harmful just like everything else. Harming animals just for the fun of it is something that I don't agree with at all but killing an animal to eat I don't see anything wrong with that. I will never force my beliefs on someone else I will just state what I believe and if they show interest I will go into why I believe but if they don't want to hear it I just go on. I don't see why people think they have the right to push their ideas on others.
    Well, if you ever wanna get bigger and stronger just hit up the fitness thread and I'll be glad to give you a push in the right direction.

LANce Armstrong

Straight up I don't care I'm from Texas....we kill animals, but use all the meat!

LAN Fan

Quote Originally Posted by chris_cr33p View Post
    i know what goes on in those slaughter houses and i love meat. what ever makes it taste better and its not toxic so good for me
    I doubt that you do, but I won't argue.

Lately I've just been a "Money Vegan" lols. I eat meat if it's given to me, but I don't buy it, as I don't want to promote that type of business.
    F/A 2012
    Message for Scrims.

LAN Fan

i have been a vegetarian for about a week now and its going great. missed it a little bit at first but then i found some great vegetarian recipes and veggie burgers. now im not lookin back!

for me its really more of a health thing. being a vegetarian means i cant just stop and eat fast food or just eat whatever is in the pantry at the time. it makes me think about what im putting into my body and that, i think, is allowing me eat healthier and lose weight in the process.

LAN Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyB View Post
    i have been a vegetarian for about a week now and its going great. missed it a little bit at first but then i found some great vegetarian recipes and veggie burgers. now im not lookin back!

for me its really more of a health thing. being a vegetarian means i cant just stop and eat fast food or just eat whatever is in the pantry at the time. it makes me think about what im putting into my body and that, i think, is allowing me eat healthier and lose weight in the process.
    Yeah man, ever since I did, I've been watching what I eat, read all the ingredients, and then I realize what nasty crap I've been putting into my body. I've lost weight, looking like a champ right now
    F/A 2012
    Message for Scrims.

LAN Helsing

Original
    Idk, u only live once, might as well eat what tastes good. I couldnt live without chicken, i basically dont eat beef because i just dont like it, but i dont really care about what i eat as long as its good.
    GT: NS Jewjitsu

T2 = best halo 3 coach of all time
    T2, Legit, Elamite, Neighbor: Str8 Rippin 2011 v2!!!!!!!!!!!

The LANhammer

Astro Gaming
    This is an awesome discussion. It's great to see so many people experimenting with a vegetarian/vegan diet. As much as I would like to see people making all of their choices based on their health, people will always make choices based on what tastes/feels good. This won't change until our entire culture does, but people are slowly becoming more aware of how bad some foods are. My dream is that we could revert to old school, normal farming, where lots of small farms provide foods for the town, and use technology when appropriate. When I say technology, I mean a greenhouse, basically, just enough to grow the food year round in those places that have winter.

If you want to get "BIG and STRONG" you can do that without eating meat. Carl Lewis was a vegan while being an olympic athlete. Truth is out there, you just have to get up and find it.

Super SaiyLAN

MLG Ref
    AotM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fries View Post
    This is an awesome discussion. It's great to see so many people experimenting with a vegetarian/vegan diet. As much as I would like to see people making all of their choices based on their health, people will always make choices based on what tastes/feels good. This won't change until our entire culture does, but people are slowly becoming more aware of how bad some foods are. My dream is that we could revert to old school, normal farming, where lots of small farms provide foods for the town, and use technology when appropriate. When I say technology, I mean a greenhouse, basically, just enough to grow the food year round in those places that have winter.

If you want to get "BIG and STRONG" you can do that without eating meat. Carl Lewis was a vegan while being an olympic athlete. Truth is out there, you just have to get up and find it.
    Carl Lewis was on steroids my man. And he wasn't exactly big and strong. But I get your point. To each his own.

Peon

never treid it but i never feel full from veggies, but my dads lost 30 lbs from only eating fruits and veggies dyuring the day, over the past 2 months
    GT : TLN Gaucho
    It's an Agentinian cowboy!

LAN Fan

Quote Originally Posted by KRILLIN View Post
    Carl Lewis was on steroids my man. And he wasn't exactly big and strong. But I get your point. To each his own.
    Um, no. It SEEMED like he was. Truth is:
    Vegans have super powers.
    Yeah, you get em after a few months of being vegan.
    F/A 2012
    Message for Scrims.