Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Peon

chat window in streams

i think there needs to be a mute or kick function that the mods can use especially for right now the sweet dreams issues and salot and luke all starting crap.

I'm in favor of the TLN mods having some kind of power in the chat. There seems to be a lot of times the chat gets out of hand and only the admins can do anything about it.

GT: X F0RBIDD3N1 X

Administrator

High Score
    Astro Gaming
    Admin
    As an alternative you can always go here. They're working on upgrading the stream chat so that we are able to do these things.
    Forum Administrator | Online Tournament Manager

Have any questions about the site? Feel free to contact me via [B][U][URL="http://thelannetwork.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=467"]PM[/URL][/U][/B] | [B][U][URL="http://twitter.com/HisforHOYR"]Twitter[/URL][/U][/B] | [B][U][email="jh@thelannetwork.com"]Email[/email][/U][/B]

[B][U][URL="http://thelannetwork.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?16"]Feedback? Suggestions?[/URL][/U][/B] | [B][U][URL="http://thelannetwork.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?17"]Find a problem with the site?[/URL][/U][/B].

Thanks for the update heuer. I'm glad they are moving in that direction.

GT: X F0RBIDD3N1 X

Sir LANs-a-lot

Quote Originally Posted by xisnipe4food View Post
    i think there needs to be a mute or kick function that the mods can use especially for right now the sweet dreams issues and salot and luke all starting crap.
    Please post where i have started anything?

why not just use a java irc client under the stream instead of the current chat? problem solved.

LANce Armstrong

I doubt anyone started anything too serious, and it was prolly just some friendly banter someone took the wrong way.
    #Optimistic

Content Team

I'm glad to see, though not suprised, that TLN is attempting to get the trolling out of the chat window. You guys are awesome.

LAN Helsing

Astro Gaming
    unfortunately i don't think it will happen. it's a chat room. only way to do it is to be able to mute someone. kicking people out will only cause problems for TLN with subscriptions, payments, refunds, etc. people just need to grow up and watch the stream and comment. if someone says something you don't like, who cares?!?! just let it go and be an adult about it. i know many of you are probably still kids under 18, but show some sign of maturity please. i know i'm still new here, and don't post as much as i should for the time i spend on the forums and stream, but take my words to heart. just learn to ignore people. or just don't chat and maximize the screen and enjoy some pro gameplay LIVE. people coming over from mlgpro.com are used to acting like that, well learn to grow up now. this is a more mature community, who loves gaming! keep it at that, no need for the bashing and attacking of people and players. this is a new game, if you have a problem with how people play the game, show up at dallas and show everyone how to play instead of trying to argue it through a chat window. that's what is wrong with the internet chats, people act tough because they can, and in turn causes others to act tough. just get along dammit!!!!! Mr P and the TLN staff put this website together for the benefit of us, take it for what it is and just enjoy! honestly, all the arguing and b-tching i see makes me not want to come back, but i do because of the content. it's a tight group here at TLN, and we need to be careful or it's going to turn into a cult type situation where if you don't run along side the regulars you won't fit in. everyone needs to do a little to make this place better, well start doing it people!!!!!!
    Chill Streak
    LuNxTiC, l hauger l, CA YNOT BE FIVIN, COMPR3MIZED

Astro Gaming
    Well the thing is, we can't actually remove anyone from chat currently. So we have to issue account warnings. Which although do the trick some of the time, it wont solve the problem in the long/Short term.

I hope for the day when we get Kick functions for chat, it would make the entire process of watching a LAN so much more pleasant