Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    LAN Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RagingChickens View Post
    Wow. I am an insignificant speck of nothingness.
    Lol. Sorry to decrease your size even more so, but other than the fact that this Universe is of uncomprehending size, and it is growing at an increasingly fast pace, Scientists are now theorizing that there may be MORE than one Universe. Because all this...can't be EVERYTHING. Can it?

Not to say we are insignificant. Quite the opposite. Quantum physics suggests that a creative mind (like ours) sends out brain waves that is creating and shaping the Universe as we know it. But...we can't get too much further into this, for there are contradicting beliefs and religions.
    Last edited by Havoc; 02-18-2011 at 12:38 PM.
    F/A 2012
    Message for Scrims.

Certified Lurk

Astro Gaming
    What is life? It is all so insane when you look at stuff like that, it makes me start thinking about how we got here. Honestly, I have never heard a theory that makes any sense to me. The Big Bang Theory? What happened before the big bang? Like think about it, god it is all so confusing.
    GT: Morning
    Add me!
    Vote in the Forum Awards!
    My Community Interview!
    Instinct
    Quote Originally Posted by forefront View Post
    Couldn't make me a competitive player with three top pros a bag of adderall and rope to tie up the other team.

LAN Fan

What is life? It is all so insane when you look at stuff like that, it makes me start thinking about how we got here. Honestly, I have never heard a theory that makes any sense to me. The Big Bang Theory? What happened before the big bang? Like think about it, god it is all so confusing.
    I was honestly never too fond of the big bang theory for one reason: All the planets and stars and galaxies have spread out very very far from the point of explosion, but some parts of the Universe are warmer than others. It would have taken longer for gravity to form planets in the far distances of the Universe than the explosions heat to spread out, making the Universe have the same average temp all around. Yet one section is still warmer.
    F/A 2012
    Message for Scrims.

Certified Lurk

Astro Gaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    I was honestly never too fond of the big bang theory for one reason: All the planets and stars and galaxies have spread out very very far from the point of explosion, but some parts of the Universe are warmer than others. It would have taken longer for gravity to form planets in the far distances of the Universe than the explosions heat to spread out, making the Universe have the same average temp all around. Yet one section is still warmer.
    So now there is no explanation of why we are all here. I'm gonna go watch some TV, maybe the Big Bang Theory (I have the new one on my DVR right now). I can't handle this stuff. lol
    GT: Morning
    Add me!
    Vote in the Forum Awards!
    My Community Interview!
    Instinct
    Quote Originally Posted by forefront View Post
    Couldn't make me a competitive player with three top pros a bag of adderall and rope to tie up the other team.

LAN Fan

Hahaha. Well there's always intelligent design. I'm not a big God person, and I don't worship. But myself and many scientists including Albert Einstein, have come to the conclusion that this Universe is way too perfect, everything just flows and could not have happened by chance. But maybe that's where the whole "think it and it comes to be" stuff comes in. I KNOW that our minds are very very very powerful. But we can't tap into it without that key ingredient....
    F/A 2012
    Message for Scrims.

Peon

Wow. I am an insignificant speck of nothingness.
    Quite the opposite. Also, here are some theories for an attempt to help you make sense of things. Not trying to convince you to believe this, but just giving you more potential answers to choose from.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/6758481/Se...-Creation-Myth

Hahaha. Well there's always intelligent design. I'm not a big God person, and I don't worship. But myself and many scientists including Albert Einstein, have come to the conclusion that this Universe is way too perfect, everything just flows and could not have happened by chance. But maybe that's where the whole "think it and it comes to be" stuff comes in. I KNOW that our minds are very very very powerful. But we can't tap into it without that key ingredient....
    With what key ingredient? I wanted to respond but I want clarity first. : )
    Last edited by Kyden; 02-18-2011 at 02:54 PM.

LAN Fan

With what key ingredient? I wanted to respond but I want clarity first. : )
    Tis a secret my friend. A long lost, dark dark secret.
    F/A 2012
    Message for Scrims.

Well if the Universe wasn't perfect in every way it would likely not function and consume itself

GT: Fire is Fiy

Crawler

Astro Gaming
    I believe that there are other forms of life, and they have already discovered us. Obviously 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 999999% of the "alien sightings" are fake, but i think that there are a few specific sightings that are true. such as the one where an air force pilot engaged in combat with some cylinder like thing around the WWII era. I also think that its possible(dont quote me, i find it highly unlikely myself) that humanity's history is flawed. Many of you most likely already know of the dried river beds on mars and it makes me wonder, exactly how old is the human race.... perhaps human previously occoupied mars but, kind of like were doing now, poisoned their planet to the point where it couldnt continue to support them. then, as the solar system changed, traveled to earth seeing it as a suitable replacement, losing its technology in the process. This is a very unlikely possibility, and i dont even fully believe it myself... just somethinng to get the old thinker going...
    The GT's l Albatross l (Those are L's) Msg me

Peon

Tis a secret my friend. A long lost, dark dark secret.
    This statement was all the clarity I needed. Also, there is now no longer a need for a response.

That's...two birds.