Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Just Remember

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr P View Post
    Great point, nice post !!
    Thanks Mr.P

  2. #12
    Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Aiur
    Posts
    1,517

    High Score
    Astro Gaming
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by itwuzmagik View Post
    For all you guys who are in these great forums now, just remember that when these forums get bigger and when more people join, to always give them the same warm welcome I got. If we lose that, then we become like all these other forums where everyone just flames/trashes what everyone has to say and no one can get along. Yes one day we will be the senior members (a few of you already are) but this site or these forums rather are still relatively young. So what i'm saying is and asking is to Stay Classy San Di... I mean Lan Network forums

    Post your thoughts and suggestions pertaining to this topic please.
    All constructive criticism is welcome
    Completely agree with this!

  3. #13
    Honestly, this thread is so awesome..because when I got into MLG last August I soon began to read things on forums but when I saw how immature everyone was on those forums I was instantly put off and therefore never got into posting on there..so I can see how keeping forums respectful and open-minded will make TLN very welcoming to new users, and also I promote this site like crazy to my friends who incidentally didn't even know what MLG was until I introduced them and now they are all hooked like me

  4. #14
    LANce Armstrong
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    770

    I think that if we are gonna keep this forum professional, it's going to take everyone's participation. The best forums are the ones where the members care what the content looks like. That means, keeping the language clean. Even I have posted some words before that aren't exactly clean, but we must refrain from using them whenever we can. Even the **** implies the word you meant. I am personally not offended by foul language, but someone may be, and it is generally not a classy way to communicate.
    ---Never be afraid to apologize, and you can't say thanks too much. I know this sounds corny, but in my professional experience you will get your ideas across faster and accomplish more with tact than with aggression. If you have offended someone, just apologize. Push back your pride, and do it for the sake of the quality of these forums. There is no reason to instigate a fight with someone you do not know.
    ---If there is trouble, let a mod know. Give them as much information as possible. Reference and give links to the offensive posts, and be professional. It is not your decision whether or not action is taken. Do not become disgruntled at a moderator for not banning someone and end up getting banned yourself.

    Long post I know, but I have really taken a liking to this community, and I know that we can make it a good place to go for people to share thoughts around MLG. Just keep being professional and courteous, and we can't lose.

  5. #15
    Honestly, this thread is so awesome..because when I got into MLG last August I soon began to read things on forums but when I saw how immature everyone was on those forums I was instantly put off and therefore never got into posting on there..so I can see how keeping forums respectful and open-minded will make TLN very welcoming to new users, and also I promote this site like crazy to my friends who incidentally didn't even know what MLG was until I introduced them and now they are all hooked like me
    ^ I completely agree on the amazingness of these forums and please continue to promote. I know i do

    I think that if we are gonna keep this forum professional, it's going to take everyone's participation. The best forums are the ones where the members care what the content looks like. That means, keeping the language clean. Even I have posted some words before that aren't exactly clean, but we must refrain from using them whenever we can. Even the **** implies the word you meant. I am personally not offended by foul language, but someone may be, and it is generally not a classy way to communicate.
    ---Never be afraid to apologize, and you can't say thanks too much. I know this sounds corny, but in my professional experience you will get your ideas across faster and accomplish more with tact than with aggression. If you have offended someone, just apologize. Push back your pride, and do it for the sake of the quality of these forums. There is no reason to instigate a fight with someone you do not know.
    ---If there is trouble, let a mod know. Give them as much information as possible. Reference and give links to the offensive posts, and be professional. It is not your decision whether or not action is taken. Do not become disgruntled at a moderator for not banning someone and end up getting banned yourself.

    Long post I know, but I have really taken a liking to this community, and I know that we can make it a good place to go for people to share thoughts around MLG. Just keep being professional and courteous, and we can't lose.
    ^This post is a great example everyone should follow. If we "stay classy" then so will these forums

  6. #16
    Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Aiur
    Posts
    1,517

    High Score
    Astro Gaming
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by forefront View Post
    I think that if we are gonna keep this forum professional, it's going to take everyone's participation. The best forums are the ones where the members care what the content looks like. That means, keeping the language clean. Even I have posted some words before that aren't exactly clean, but we must refrain from using them whenever we can. Even the **** implies the word you meant. I am personally not offended by foul language, but someone may be, and it is generally not a classy way to communicate.
    ---Never be afraid to apologize, and you can't say thanks too much. I know this sounds corny, but in my professional experience you will get your ideas across faster and accomplish more with tact than with aggression. If you have offended someone, just apologize. Push back your pride, and do it for the sake of the quality of these forums. There is no reason to instigate a fight with someone you do not know.
    ---If there is trouble, let a mod know. Give them as much information as possible. Reference and give links to the offensive posts, and be professional. It is not your decision whether or not action is taken. Do not become disgruntled at a moderator for not banning someone and end up getting banned yourself.

    Long post I know, but I have really taken a liking to this community, and I know that we can make it a good place to go for people to share thoughts around MLG. Just keep being professional and courteous, and we can't lose.
    If we don't have one already (I didn't see one when I glanced at the topics) we need to have a sticky of forum rules and eventually chat rules once that is all in place. That way there are definite things to enforce instead of people crying over Mods playing favorites.

  7. #17
    LANce Armstrong
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    770

    There is a link at the bottom of the page to the forum rules.

  8. #18
    Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Aiur
    Posts
    1,517

    High Score
    Astro Gaming
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by forefront View Post
    There is a link at the bottom of the page to the forum rules.
    Ah. I see that there now (see how I didn't even know where it was? lol). But most other sites that I have seen have a sticky thread dedicated to the rules and generally it is closed or only Mods / Admins may post in it.

  9. #19
    Sir LANs-a-lot
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    321

    Fantasy Camper
    I was just thinking of posting a similar thread! I've been a member of numerous sites/forums of ALL sizes and it is a common trend that as they grow, so does the amount of "flaming", "trolling", and other infamous forum nuisances. On the very few amount of sites I've been privileged to be a part that didn't develop these trends (Generally Car club sites) the common denominator was members having respect for one another. Which means even respecting the THOUSANDTH person to start the same thread asking the same question that has been answered in MANY different threads.

    Moderators can play a big role as well in a sites success but in my opinion keeping discussions relative to the topic and reprimanding people for site behavior shouldn't be their main duties. At most moderators biggest tasks should pertain to moving a thread accidentally opened in the wrong section to the right section if that (In a perfect world right?). WE are the biggest key however to driving this site to have a large community and in keeping it an enjoyable one for all users too. [EDIT] Another thing to keep in mind for all users is to also help keep your posts true to the topic. Its easy when you enjoy talking to other users to post comments/replies that may not have ANY relation to the OP (original post). While this isn't a huge issue all the time it does cause for a lot of confusion when someone is trying to use the search for answers and has to sift through irrelevant information to find something useful. It also can cause for a lot of inappropriate threads being opened too when someone is unsuccessful with their search. Not saying of course "Don't reply unless it relates to the thread title" but be courteous if its off topic and forewarn possible future readers by saying "Sorry to be Off Topic...." early in your reply.

    Just remember everyone here and to come is part of this site because we share a passion, hobby, past time, etc. that this site houses for us. So to all members don't be that guy to make personal attacks, rude remarks, or ward of new users with sarcasm.

    I'm looking forward to seeing this site grow and the things to come from Mr P. and crew. I'll make my promise now going forward to always remain respectful to all members and site rules, hopefully helping to keep this site from developing into another INTERNETZ war zone.




    /end wordy paragraphs
    Last edited by ITCHY; 09-01-2010 at 02:12 AM.
    Current GT(s):
    das ITCHY

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by ITCHY View Post
    I was just thinking of posting a similar thread! I've been a member of numerous sites/forums of ALL sizes and it is a common trend that as they grow, so does the amount of "flaming", "trolling", and other infamous forum nuisances. On the very few amount of sites I've been privileged to be a part that didn't develop these trends (Generally Car club sites) the common denominator was members having respect for one another. Which means even respecting the THOUSANDTH person to start the same thread asking the same question that has been answered in MANY different threads.

    Moderators can play a big role as well in a sites success but in my opinion keeping discussions relative to the topic and reprimanding people for site behavior shouldn't be their main duties. At most moderators biggest tasks should pertain to moving a thread accidentally opened in the wrong section to the right section if that (In a perfect world right?). WE are the biggest key however to driving this site to have a large community and in keeping it an enjoyable one for all users too. [EDIT] Another thing to keep in mind for all users is to also help keep your posts true to the topic. Its easy when you enjoy talking to other users to post comments/replies that may not have ANY relation to the OP (original post). While this isn't a huge issue all the time it does cause for a lot of confusion when someone is trying to use the search for answers and has to sift through irrelevant information to find something useful. It also can cause for a lot of inappropriate threads being opened too when someone is unsuccessful with their search. Not saying of course "Don't reply unless it relates to the thread title" but be courteous if its off topic and forewarn possible future readers by saying "Sorry to be Off Topic...." early in your reply.

    Just remember everyone here and to come is part of this site because we share a passion, hobby, past time, etc. that this site houses for us. So to all members don't be that guy to make personal attacks, rude remarks, or ward of new users with sarcasm.

    I'm looking forward to seeing this site grow and the things to come from Mr P. and crew. I'll make my promise now going forward to always remain respectful to all members and site rules, hopefully helping to keep this site from developing into another INTERNETZ war zone.




    /end wordy paragraphs
    Off topic: /B/rother? Lmao

    On topic: Everything you say here is true. A lot of people come on forums looking to troll. I personally am not a big "Trolling" fan.
    So everyone please keep in mind be courteous

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •