Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    LAN Helsing

Fantasy Camper
    Astro Gaming

Stream Invites @ PVJ

This is an Idea for possible promotion. Allow the Players that go to PvJ to send a one day (24hr) pass to a few select friends. That have to already be registered, and this would allow them to have access to the Stream for 24 hours after the first time viewing. Maybe make a max of 2 or 3 per person. And Limit it to one invitation per account. This not shows how well this site runs, but helps promote newer members to join.

Just a thought.
    ˙ʎɹoןƃ sʇı uı ןıɐɟ sɹǝɥʇo ןןɐ ˙ǝʇısqǝʍ ʇsǝq ǝɥʇ sı ʞɹoʍʇǝu uɐן ǝɥʇ

The Summer League http://thelannetwork.com/forum/showt...-Summer-League

LANimal

Original
    Astro Gaming
    Great idea. I'm sure Mr. P might agree. I would limit the invitation to 1-2 people.

Elamite is a Beast

"A 4v4 game comes down to how you move around the map, help your teammates, spawn your teammates, block the enemie's spawns, decisions on objective plays and much more."

"I am a fan of quality over quantity practice and our team would only have a handful of quality practices in between each event." - Elamite

Elamite Warrior Fan
    Favorite Teams: Warriors and Impact
    Top 5 Favorite Pros 1.Elamite Warrior 2.Neighbor 3.ACE 4.Strongside 5.Tsquared/Legit

GT:xl Fir3 lx

Certified Lurk

Astro Gaming
    Well, generally speaking, PvJ stream passes are pretty cheap, from what I remember last time. And I don't really think that watching PvJ is going to really attract many new customers because it isn't super competitive pro gameplay that people really pay to watch. If a friend of someone going to PvJ really wanted to watch them, they should just buy a stream pass, it doesn't cost that much!
    GT: Morning
    Add me!
    Vote in the Forum Awards!
    My Community Interview!
    Instinct
    Quote Originally Posted by forefront View Post
    Couldn't make me a competitive player with three top pros a bag of adderall and rope to tie up the other team.

LAN Fan

Thinking big Eclipse! GREAT IDEA!
    GT: I am Doli
    Message me for scrims or teaming
    Twitter: IamDoli
    BIGGEST TSQUARED FAN OUT THERE! YOU CAN TEST ME TOM!!!
    BTW THANKS FOR THE STR8 SHIRT IN DC TOM<3

LAN Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RagingChickens View Post
    Well, generally speaking, PvJ stream passes are pretty cheap, from what I remember last time. And I don't really think that watching PvJ is going to really attract many new customers because it isn't super competitive pro gameplay that people really pay to watch. If a friend of someone going to PvJ really wanted to watch them, they should just buy a stream pass, it doesn't cost that much!
    I agree
    GT: S 2tha nipemare
    Add me for MLG customs or add me to have an extra guy to run playlist with!
    Hopefully my dream of going to an event and placing well enough to be noticed by Semi's/Pro's will be achieved in Reach!

TLN all day baby!

Martian LANhunter

Astro Gaming
    its as good idea talk to mr p!!
    GO GREEN!!!!

GT: CHRIS CR33P | Twitter | Interview with Mr P
    Starcraft Character code: 352 : ChrisCreep : Diamond : Protoss/Zerg

LAN Helsing

Fantasy Camper
    Astro Gaming
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingChickens View Post
    But that the realization....no one truly wants to pay to watch PvJ. And to some a $10 fee to watch randoms (not an insult) play against 5-6 pros does seem like its worth it. But to say "Here is an Invitation to watch PvJ for 24 hours, for FREE" would make people want to get more into this site.

EX. I never went to this site until this past 2 weeks before the 6 team lan, because I didn't think it was worth it. I paid the $10 cause I said "what the heck lets see what the pro's are doing in reach before the first event." Now I have become more involved in this community. Even if there is no stream.

Certified Lurk

Astro Gaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
    But that the realization....no one truly wants to pay to watch PvJ. And to some a $10 fee to watch randoms (not an insult) play against 5-6 pros does seem like its worth it. But to say "Here is an Invitation to watch PvJ for 24 hours, for FREE" would make people want to get more into this site.

EX. I never went to this site until this past 2 weeks before the 6 team lan, because I didn't think it was worth it. I paid the $10 cause I said "what the heck lets see what the pro's are doing in reach before the first event." Now I have become more involved in this community. Even if there is no stream.
    Okay, I understand. But my point is that I doubt that anyone will be really intrigued by the stream (no offense once again to anyone attending!) because it isn't really pro teams playing each other. The 6 team LAN is different because that is really awesome stuff to watch.

But I do like this idea. Maybe it would bring in more active users. It's all just speculation!
    GT: Morning
    Add me!
    Vote in the Forum Awards!
    My Community Interview!
    Instinct
    Quote Originally Posted by forefront View Post
    Couldn't make me a competitive player with three top pros a bag of adderall and rope to tie up the other team.

Crawler

bad idea

LAN Helsing

Fantasy Camper
    Astro Gaming
    Quote Originally Posted by yoooo hide View Post
    bad idea
    And your reasons why?