Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brink

LAN Helsing

Fantasy Camper
    Astro Gaming

Brink

Brink is going to hopefully change the way FPS's are played. With the introduction of SMART (seemless movement across random terrain) this sure to change how we play ganes today.

E3 Trailer

SMART documentary/ preview

Video Gameplay

Basics

The Battlefield

Link
    www.brinkthegame.com

Sorry for the short post but will update, when I get to a pc, as I am typing this from my droid phone.

Quote Originally Posted by HavkinKnight
    Brink
    Brink is a first-person shooter with a focus on parkour-style movement. Online multiplayer servers hold up to 16 players. You can play cooperatively or competitively or against bots.

You can customize your character and buy items with experience points, which you earn by completing objectives. The same experience points can be earned in both single-player and multiplayer.

Splash Damage developed the SMART (Smooth Movement Across Random Terrain) System. By noting a player's position and predicting what he is trying to do, it lets players navigate complex environments without equally complex input.

There are four character classes: the soldier, the medic, the engineer, and the operative. The Soldier resupplies teammates and uses explosives to destroy important targets. The Engineer buffs their teammates' weapons and builds stationary turrets. The Medic heals fallen teammates and buffs their teammates' health. The Operative interrogates fallen opponents to get intel on enemy locations, performs acts of sabotage, and disguises himself as the enemy. Bethesda also claims 102 quadrillion total unique characters when factoring in minor variations.

The Squad Commander system gives players context-sensitive missions. A variety of factors -- where the player is, how good he is, his overall mission progress, etc. -- determine what the missions will be. During play both online and off-, the player can defend one of his faction's command posts or capture an enemy's command post.

i know im super Stoked to get this game and i get it on the midnight release what about you guys!? maybe we can get a TLN team for release night

List of players/system(s).
    GT: Gruntly / xbox360
    GT: the eciips3 / xbox360
    Last edited by Eclipse; 05-10-2011 at 10:31 PM. Reason: updates
    ˙ʎɹoןƃ sʇı uı ןıɐɟ sɹǝɥʇo ןןɐ ˙ǝʇısqǝʍ ʇsǝq ǝɥʇ sı ʞɹoʍʇǝu uɐן ǝɥʇ

The Summer League http://thelannetwork.com/forum/showt...-Summer-League

LANce Armstrong

Wheres the link to the game?

Crawler

http://brinkthegame.com/

been pumped for this game for a long time

and its actually Smooth Movement Across Random Terrain

May 17 release date, has huge potential

LAN Helsing

Fantasy Camper
    Astro Gaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_E33 View Post
    http://brinkthegame.com/

been pumped for this game for a long time

and its actually Smooth Movement Across Random Terrain

May 17 release date, has huge potential
    I've heard it both ways from interviews on youtube. But either way it gets the point across.

LANce Armstrong

It's like Bulletstorm and Blops had an effed up baby

Photobucket
    AotM
    the game does look really sweet but im not sure if the smart system will actually re define gaming, to me it seems kind of like mirrors edge or just an action button that changes depending on where you look, depending on how the meta evolves this may actual hinder the game if your trying to slide under something but vault onto it instead because the system is to sensitive, or you cant shoot up an someone because you have to look down so that you can slide instead of jumping, where in halo i can look wherever I want and still evade. Im really looking forward to it, I just have some doubts about how smart the system will actually be.

Brink was a pretty chill movie

Jean-Claude LAN Damme

Original
    looks sick! gona have to try it out

LAN Helsing

Fantasy Camper
    Astro Gaming
    Quote Originally Posted by D_Moralize View Post
    the game does look really sweet but im not sure if the smart system will actually re define gaming, to me it seems kind of like mirrors edge or just an action button that changes depending on where you look, depending on how the meta evolves this may actual hinder the game if your trying to slide under something but vault onto it instead because the system is to sensitive, or you cant shoot up an someone because you have to look down so that you can slide instead of jumping, where in halo i can look wherever I want and still evade. Im really looking forward to it, I just have some doubts about how smart the system will actually be.
    I think what you will find is top players that use this button more often the normal positioning will have a higher look sensitivity, then the average joe.

Certified Lurk

AotM
    Astro Gaming
    i like it cuz its also got a RPG element to it. you can level up classes to unlock more stuff and that to me rocks cuz its a MMO FPS Competive game. you have missions and quest not just first to 50 kills or what ever.
    November "AotM" Winner
    "Winner of the MVP Forum Award!"
    "Twitch Stream: www.Twitch.tv/HavkinKnight"
    AD Carry LF Team

"Sic Parvis Magna"

Team TLN: HavkinKnight (LoL/Halo 4/Injustice) Gweedo888 (Injustice)
    Str8 Rippinfan for life!!