Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:

Thread: Quake Live

Quake Live

I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this excellent free FPS.

Quake is widely considered to be the most competitive FPS out there, and has been used in international tournaments for years. I'd absolutely recommend to everyone that you head over to quakelive.com and make an account. It launches right from your browser, and it's free.

Add me: Mintograde
    Last edited by Mintograde; 04-23-2011 at 01:56 AM.

Played it. Mad boring. But, that's just my take on all PC FPS.
    Last edited by mrkillboy; 03-30-2011 at 08:51 PM.

LANdalf The Grey

Quote Originally Posted by mrkillboy View Post
    Played it. Mad boring. But, that's just my take on all PC FPS.
    this, yeah, kinda boring
    Check out GamingJerseys.com
    Done playing Halo Reach competitively, but will remain on this website! Hit me up on xbox live! My gamertag is "vs Tension"! Feel free to add me and we'll play some CLASSIC Playlist

I played it for a bit and just couldn't get into it. I don't care for the feel, I know Quake has been on the competitive scene forever, but not my thing.
    GT - TLN Darkside
    Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.” - Darth Bane

Quote Originally Posted by Mintograde View Post
    I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this excellent free FPS.

Quake is widely considered to be the most competitive FPS out there, and has been used in international tournaments for years. I'd absolutely recommend to everyone that you head over to quakelive.com and make an account. It launches right from your browser, and it's free.
    you're posting this on a pro console competitive site, its not gonna be pretty. people find it boring, graphics bad, ect ect. still it takes tons of skill and any competitive player should find it interesting. though people have different opinions. why do you guys find it boring? what do you find boring about it? is it too difficult for you? just an honest question
    Last edited by Mastertouch ; 04-09-2011 at 01:40 PM.

Certified Lurk

AotM
    Astro Gaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastertouch View Post
    you're posting this on a pro console competitive site, its not gonna be pretty. people find it boring, graphics bad, ect ect. still it takes tons of skill and any competitive player should find it interesting. though people have different opinions. why do you guys find it boring? what do you find boring about it? is it too difficult for you? just an honest question
    lol we talk about PC gaming on here all the time look at SC2 lol. and CS quake and RB6 were all awesome games on PC. even Halo 1&2 got put on PC.
    November "AotM" Winner
    "Winner of the MVP Forum Award!"
    "Twitch Stream: www.Twitch.tv/HavkinKnight"
    AD Carry LF Team

"Sic Parvis Magna"

Team TLN: HavkinKnight (LoL/Halo 4/Injustice) Gweedo888 (Injustice)
    Str8 Rippinfan for life!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mastertouch View Post
    If you've ever seen Fragtality play it you know he is amazing. It's safe to say, I'm twice as good as he is. And I'm not trying to say I'm the greatest.

I played the pro version for a long time. Quake live doesn't take that much skill. The rail gun is a one shot weapon. it's boring because I've played it for so long. I quit a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkillboy View Post
    If you've ever seen Fragtality play it you know he is amazing. It's safe to say, I'm twice as good as he is. And I'm not trying to say I'm the greatest.

I played the pro version for a long time. Quake live doesn't take that much skill. The rail gun is a one shot weapon. it's boring because I've played it for so long. I quit a while back.
    You'll have to troll better than that. If every sentence in the post is false, it's much too obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mintograde View Post
    You'll have to troll better than that. If every sentence in the post is false, it's much too obvious.
    I'm not trolling.