Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moderating

Green LANtern

Quote Originally Posted by itwuzmagik View Post
    Wow this thread is kind of intense put since this is a public forum I'm going to state my opinion on the matter.
    I think that the "You seem to be walking a fine line" statement could come off wrong but from what I've seen nothing has gotten out of hand with the Mods. They do their jobs very well and keep everything running smoothly. Even when I get off-topic (tends to happen quite a bit ) the mods will explain to me that I am and we continue with what ever the main topic was. Now after a few times of realizing this I have stopped posting off-topic for the most part, and if I do I state that the next thing I will be saying is off-topic . Anyways what I am trying to say is I think that yes maybe the others in the DMR thread should of been warned privately but the mods here are great and they are doing a great job
    Except for me totally blotching trying to quote someone, and instead editing their post... That's so embarrassing.
    Roybox's #1 fan. FB's #1 fan.
    I asked for this team for weeks. Dreams do come true.

LANimal

High Score
    Original
    I haven't seen a single thing really worth moderating on these forums, yet. I don't think any of the mods have over-enforced or anything, but I do see them calling really mild things out just because they have nothing "better" to moderate.

Green LANtern

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Blain View Post
    Impended.... moderator....???? lololol
    Yes. Hide yo' kids, and hide yo' wife.

LAN Helsing

Original
    Quote Originally Posted by Imp3nded View Post
    Oh my god. I clicked edit post instead of 'Reply With Quote'. Are you kidding? I apologize Waterboy. If you can repost what you said, please do so. I'll repost my reply (that I accidentally edited your post with) here.

Lol, we can not do this. I wouldn't even feel comfortable taking away someone's membership that they're paying for. That's a job for the admins, and I'm assuming it'd be under extreme circumstances.

Ahh Impended?...lol
    UNSC Waterboy
    “Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”-- Bruce Lee

Green LANtern

Quote Originally Posted by Waterboy7 View Post
    Ahh Impended?...lol
    LOL. I'm sorryyy. I accidently clicked 'Edit Post' instead of 'Reply With Quote'. I'm stupid.

LAN Helsing

Original
    It's cool Impended, I've already heard from heuer89 privately and no need to rattle the tree again. Thanks dood.
    UNSC Waterboy
    “Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”-- Bruce Lee

Peon

Maybe the point I really want to get across is to lighten up a bit on people who might go OT. Now if the whole thread gets derailed then I can understand putting a friendly reminder about the main topic. But nobody likes to be treated like a little kid either. I've read a lot of forums and TLN is very tame compared to most. So just relax a bit, there's a good foundation set, no need to be worried about this collapsing.

KFred you got it down. Thats a reasonable thought and I agree with you. That's just one more thing to keep TLN as awesome as it is. Much love TLN.
    GT: Flishy Flash

Hit me up to Run MM

Psalm 144

Photobucket
    AotM
    Quote Originally Posted by Imp3nded View Post
    LOL. I'm sorryyy. I accidently clicked 'Edit Post' instead of 'Reply With Quote'. I'm stupid.
    please try not to go off topic.

Just kidding, the thing about OT posts to me is that they should be ok as long as the conversational organically drifted that way, just like it did in this thread. I hope the moderators will only lock threads when they become a problem, and not when they foresee one possibly happening, and when they do get locked explain why, maybe its because they edit out the offenses bit alot of times I stumble onto a locked thread and can't figure out why it was locked.