Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Book Thread

Crawler

I'm about half way through Catch-22 by Joseph Heller. It's really good if you like satires, or war historical fiction (if that's a genre). It's really funny in it's own sardonic way...lol. Definitely should check it out!

GT: OG krypt0n - Add for Customs, or Matchmaking
    Team: derpin' HARD
    http://www.ordinancegaming.com/

Photobucket
    AotM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruntly View Post
    I have a Kindle. It's really nice to have all your books in one place, but it's just not the same as actually having the book in your hands (I know, weird). Most of the books you will want will be on the Kindle store, but some you may have to 'get' from a third party and use a program called Calibre. It lets you convert files to the correct format for use on the Kindle.
    A former roomate of mine had one and I borrowed it to read the first hunger games, I agree its not the exact same as a book but I actually enjoyed it, I felt like like I read it faster without having to turn the pages too. The biggest problem is I live in a town to small for a bookstore (except a religious one) and out library hasnt had any funding for new books for a couple of years now, and when I want to read its an impulse I hate having to wait for the books to be shipped in, so an e-reader seems like the best solution for me.
    twitter: @dillonmcgaughey

PM me for custom Graphic Design work, Twitch/Twitter Layouts, Astro Tag Designs ect.

LANimal

Fantasy Camper
    Just finished Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein. Amazing...Absolutely nothing like the movie. A must read!
    GT = xMortyZx
    PvJ's #3..."INDIANA JONES!!"

LANimal

Quote Originally Posted by Itz McFluffy View Post
    The Golden compass books, The Inheritance Cycle. Enders game is good. Many more but i'll have to think
    Inheritance Cycle is AMAZING!!! when does the 4th come out do you know??

OT: Also The Bartholomew trilogy is pretty good but its been awhile since I read so these were all book I enjoied years ago
    Redwall series by Brian Jacques
    Hunger games was alright but I found alot of grammatical errors in it and that kind of distracted me from enjoing it as much but overall pretty good series.

EDIT: Also Heir Apparent is a book about someone who is stuck in a video games and has to play with a limited number of lives...pretty cool and I feel like alot of people from this forum would like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Giant421 View Post
    I'm a classics guy so I have to say my all time favorite is The Count of Monte Cristo and then Dantes Inferno. As for series nothing beats LOTR and Harry potter (sorry but I grew up with it) no sparkling vampires for me
    I love all of these!!!...besides HP lol

Quote Originally Posted by mrkillboy View Post
    I don't have it wrote yet. Will soon though.
    I would actually like to take a look at it too...Havnt ever read a zombie book and kinda curious to see what it would be like
    Last edited by heuer89; 05-13-2011 at 11:26 AM. Reason: double post
    GT: Me Critty

Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by itzcritty View Post
    Redwall series by Brian Jacques
    Wow, haven't read those since I was like 10. Definitely a good series. I stopped like half way through...gonna have to finish those sometime next year. Thanks for the reminder.
    Last edited by Gruntly; 05-17-2011 at 03:44 PM.

GT: OG krypt0n - Add for Customs, or Matchmaking
    Team: derpin' HARD
    http://www.ordinancegaming.com/

TLN Junkie

My name is Tim... Michael is my middle name.
    GT: MonGReLiTy
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/Healing_X_Cuts/Boston_Red_Sox_logo.jpg
    Still blazin, still blazin, still blazin.
    Cause ganja power its so amazin.