Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I <3 TLN

Can we debate whether or not the thread is a good idea?

GT: Antidote4Life
    SC2: Antidote.775
    LoL: Antidote4Life

http://twitter.com/#!/Antidote4Life

Sc2 & LoL Stream: http://justin.tv/antidote4life

LAN Fan

ecks nine rocked the riddlee!!!
    While most are dreaming of success, winners wake-up and work hard to achieve it

LAN Helsing

Original
    I don't think there is a reason to be rude from the get go. No wonder we're loosing members due to immaturity. If you don't like the idea, then move onto the next. No need to flame the poor guy on his idea. At least he is attempting to interact with the community by putting effort and making it a weekly thing. Lay off him Killboy, I am starting to see why your constantly having to apologize to this community for your childish post.

OT: Growing up Catholic was something I never questioned, but getting older and doing research on my own, always made me question a million things. So I guess you could say I am a Catholic that does not practice it that much. I do believe in the vast amount of knowledge science has offered humanity, and known facts that have contribute to my own questioning of a super and higher power.

As for your riddle... I had no clue, but believe some one may have got it already. Photographer ?
    UNSC Waterboy
    “Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”-- Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Waterboy7 View Post
    Lay off him Killboy, I am starting to see why your constantly having to apologize to this community for your childish post.
    I didn't say anything to him out of the way. Hop off, guy. I was just correcting him, and pointing out that our education system lacks, and he is an example.

It's awful how people don't know the difference between; its and it's. You're and your. There, their, and they're. Then and than. Two, too, and to. Along with punctuation and capitalization. Using punctuation and capitalization helps determine if you're; Helping your Uncle Jack, off a horse. Rather than, helping your Uncle jack off a horse.

If people just knew homonyms.

The grammar of some people from America and other countries who's primary language is English, makes them look horrible.

I think the topic of education and how horrible it is was a better idea, that religion. Because, religion will end up in a horrible flame war/argument. Other things will, but not as bad as religion.

Don't make me pull a BOSS NASTi and educate you. :]
    Last edited by mrkillboy; 04-13-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool View Post
    i agree...of all the topics to pick from you pick the one that 1) has nothing to do with gaming 2) is "doomed" to start arguments probably heated ones. 3) is a just plain lazy discussion topic.

I think something like who do you think is the best halo duo is...or even best duo in sports in general.

ps....
    i'm not trying to hate on Xzwolf just his discussion topic however i do like the idea of a weekly discussion topic
    -----------
    possibly in before the lock
    I agree with you on not having religion as a discussion to start off with. But, this is in the offtopic discussion, so I think it should have nothing to do with gaming.

--------------------------------------------

OT: Give us a new riddle! That one was too easy. And a new topic, as everyone and myself are'nt going to discuss the one given. :P

GT: OG krypt0n - Add for Customs, or Matchmaking
    Team: derpin' HARD
    http://www.ordinancegaming.com/

LAN Fan

I have updated the debate topic guys!

Quote Originally Posted by darkon124 View Post
    ecks nine rocked the riddlee!!!
    hahah yes he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterboy7 View Post
    I don't think there is a reason to be rude from the get go. No wonder we're loosing members due to immaturity. If you don't like the idea, then move onto the next. No need to flame the poor guy on his idea. At least he is attempting to interact with the community by putting effort and making it a weekly thing. Lay off him Killboy, I am starting to see why your constantly having to apologize to this community for your childish post.

OT: Growing up Catholic was something I never questioned, but getting older and doing research on my own, always made me question a million things. So I guess you could say I am a Catholic that does not practice it that much. I do believe in the vast amount of knowledge science has offered humanity, and known facts that have contribute to my own questioning of a super and higher power.

As for your riddle... I had no clue, but believe some one may have got it already. Photographer ?
    Thanks for supporting for me bro! I appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool View Post
    i agree...of all the topics to pick from you pick the one that 1) has nothing to do with gaming 2) is "doomed" to start arguments probably heated ones. 3) is a just plain lazy discussion topic.

I think something like who do you think is the best halo duo is...or even best duo in sports in general.

ps....
    i'm not trying to hate on Xzwolf just his discussion topic however i do like the idea of a weekly discussion topic
    -----------
    possibly in before the lock
    Now now my friend, I didn't say anything about my debate thread to be only dealing with gaming.
    Last edited by heuer89; 04-13-2011 at 05:34 PM. Reason: next time you spam that many posts they will be deleted

GT: Xzwolf
    HEY, here are my achievements so far:
    Successful 1v1 Tournament

I think it's a good idea. I just think we should have a discussion about the education system.

Photobucket
    AotM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkillboy View Post
    No one is home right now. Most people here are under 18, and still in school.
    Or over 18 and in college or at work. Luckily for me I can browse from work sometimes.

OT: I will try to post more when I get off but basically I think in some instances uniforms can help, but not because they are magic, it only prevents certain disruptions and if you have a very unruly class its unlikely to make a difference
    twitter: @dillonmcgaughey

PM me for custom Graphic Design work, Twitch/Twitter Layouts, Astro Tag Designs ect.

LANce Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by mrkillboy View Post
    I think it's a good idea. I just think we should have a discussion about the education system.
    im actually ok with a discussion about this....
    GT: Toolbox Lags
    F/A

Awesome.
    Last edited by mrkillboy; 04-13-2011 at 05:56 PM.