Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    LANimal

First, I did not expect her to actually be cute... it always just sounds like a hook for a thread. Second, voted, good luck to Anya.

Also her votes have gone up by more than 100 since the OP.

Martian LANhunter

Astro Gaming
    voted. good luck. she is cute. haha hope she gets it!!
    GO GREEN!!!!

GT: CHRIS CR33P | Twitter | Interview with Mr P
    Starcraft Character code: 352 : ChrisCreep : Diamond : Protoss/Zerg

LAN Fan

Definitely voted!!

GT: Xzwolf
    HEY, here are my achievements so far:
    Successful 1v1 Tournament

Photobucket
    AotM
    In the time it took me to read the essay and vote 4 other people had voted for her, and I dont read slow, good job everyone. Man I wish I got to see all of those places instead of going to traditional school.
    twitter: @dillonmcgaughey

PM me for custom Graphic Design work, Twitch/Twitter Layouts, Astro Tag Designs ect.

Jean-Claude LAN Damme

done and yall realize you live pretty close to me lol since i am in oviedo lol :P good luck to her though hope she gets it
    GT: XBL Gweedo888 PS3:xxGweedo888xx

Convo with me and my 3 year old daughter (possibly a future shout caster lol):
    Her Daddy, are you Red? Me Yes Ruthie, Daddy is Red team this time...
    Her Daddy, you're getting shot at! Me Yes Ruthie, Daddy knows ...
    Her Ooh no!! Daddy you died, Me Ruthie!!! hush!!
    Her Daddy, its okay your all better now (I re-spawned)

I'm a PhD student and do a fair amount of writing. This is a terrible essay. I'm sorry, even for a high school student, this is just bad. Almost every sentence is a run-on. Not to mention this girl does not need a damn scholarship. Her family is clearly rich and can afford to put her through college. This scholarship should go to someone that actually needs it. Not someone who has already had the opportunity to explore half the world in high school and is simply a bad writer. There are also typos...she didn't even take the time to proofread the first few sentences.

The LANhammer

Astro Gaming
    Quote Originally Posted by redhat4 View Post
    I'm a PhD student and do a fair amount of writing. This is a terrible essay. I'm sorry, even for a high school student, this is just bad. Almost every sentence is a run-on. Not to mention this girl does not need a damn scholarship. Her family is clearly rich and can afford to put her through college. This scholarship should go to someone that actually needs it. Not someone who has already had the opportunity to explore half the world in high school and is simply a bad writer. There are also typos...she didn't even take the time to proofread the first few sentences.
    wow, I probably should have read it before I voted then...

Edit: Now I know that you're not a PhD student.
    Last edited by Joe Fries; 04-21-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redhat4 View Post
    Rude and uncalled for....Her mom is a flight attendant, she can get basically free stand-by flights to anywhere in the world. That is the only reason they/we have traveled so much. When we travel, we literally eat bread and cheese the whole time.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all :\
    Gamertag: iDactyl
    AIM: Mattgopowww

Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/iDactyl

I love you

Martian LANhunter

AotM
    Astro Gaming
    Voted
    GT: Taco Gxmez

Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fries View Post
    wow, I probably should have read it before I voted then...

Edit: Now I know that you're not a PhD student.
    haha "wow, I probably should have READ it before I voted,,,,,,,then..." I'm not a PhD student huh? Please. What are you doing with your life? Even if her family is not well off, it is not a good essay. Read it. It's not rude, it is simply the truth. There are more talented students who are much worse off, who actually have written coherent essays.