Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LANimal

Counter Strike Source

Before I had my own console I was always a PC gamer. One of the titles that lit my fire for FPS was Counter Strike and CS:S. Even though by todays standards it is considered the norm, I was quite young but even then had passion for being a better competitive player.

Its been well over 3 years since I've played, if anyone plays or has Counter Strike Source for the PC it would be great to grab some games.

I still have a basic understanding of maps, because of my vague recollection of them. Office being one of my favorites.

Also I am watching Robin and Marian. Thought you should know that...
    Last edited by MrChaosTheory; 04-28-2011 at 08:13 AM.

Add KGB Hero

Astro Gaming
    Moved to the correct area, but add me on Steam Araneatrox.

I always like to play some CSS, i actually used to be pretty good 1.6 player. Never played CSS enough to get very good at it

Sir LANs-a-lot

Old bad game is old and bad.

OT i used to a similar game called Urban Terror or i heard it was similar to it because i never played Count Strike that game was pretty fun never got overly into it but was fun when i got bored of playing Halo CE
    I Like Turtles
    GT: AZUL G

LAN Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AZUL View Post
    Old bad game is old and bad.

OT i used to a similar game called Urban Terror or i heard it was similar to it because i never played Count Strike that game was pretty fun never got overly into it but was fun when i got bored of playing Halo CE
    Call a game bad that you have never played?

OT - add UnknownSoldierX
    Starfish G.

LANimal

Wasn't checking back on the thread, sorry. Surprised anyone replied, was thinking one person max.

Don't know if Azul is joking. I should hope so, obviously critiquing a game you've never played is void of any validity. Aside from the fact it is/was a great game and many later FPS's have traits taken from it.

Sir LANs-a-lot

Yes i am joking sheesh
    I Like Turtles
    GT: AZUL G

LANimal

That good then. With the masses of forum children who think their opinion is fact, I had to confront it to make sure it was simply a joke.

To Araneatrox:

It's going to be weird, for the longest time I was a PC gamer and with the popularity of consoles exploding I made the jump over. Now playing on PC seems so foreign especially on FPS, I'll get it back.

I don't look forward to the masses of snipers/noscopers we will be seeing though. Hopefully its is mostly a competitive crowd now, that are after the win, not some "sick snipes".
    Last edited by MrChaosTheory; 04-28-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Astro Gaming
    Ahh well, i have always loved PC FPS, i still feel that Console FPS' is clunky and has alot of Auto Aim. I would love to see how most console players get on with CSS, or even Battlefield 2. Those were some classic games

LANimal

I think it would be great if microsoft brought out a device like the SplitFish products the PS3 has, but where you couldn't have an auto-aim assist while using the device.

I honestly think auto aim holds be back sometimes, when it drags your reticle away from the target you were shooting to one who has pasted by your perspective. Also being the UK and playing with the people I usually do I often don't get a comfortable host, so aim-assist is less effective for me. Which is an added advantage to the other players. Don't confuse me with someone who blames host rather than my skill level, but it is partially a governing factor.

Also I think the concentration should be less on a game enabling players. More so on products enabling players to do what they need to. A better relation between the peripheral you use to aim with and the screen. I had the idea of a touchscreen device with both analogue controls and digital. Sounds like Nintendo have had a similar one.