Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
    LAN Fan

How to break Set-Ups in MLG against *good* teams

-Closed-
    Last edited by Miiiklo; 05-13-2011 at 01:01 AM.

LAN Helsing

Original
    Stay calm, don't stop communicating. Teamshot the enemy off spawns, and try to get to a higher position to help your teammates to spawn.
    Hit me up for anything!

GT: Briimstone
    SCII: Briimstone 484

Crawler

Something that sometimes works on Sanctuary if you're locked into spawn which my team does is try and hide for a few seconds and wait for your sprint ability to activate then run to the other side so the map is flipped. If this doesn't work, communicate with your team mates which enemy to shoot together when you respawn which will either back them down or kill them so you can push up a bit.
    Gamertag: LOCUSisATLANTIC

Photobucket
    Astro Gaming
    I can help you here. It's about teamwork. Say you are red team and your four down on countdown and the other team has both lifts, top health, and drop down areas. Your team spawns basement. DO NOT run out to the middle of the map. Go to your back ramp and make a plan of who will go where. Maybe have one person distract at S2 (but not stay there for long) while another goes to blue small door, and two of your teammates push from red small door.

Make sure to focus on the weakest person or the person with the most destructive power weapon. Once you have them one down, you can be a little more aggressive because it is now 4 vs 3 and numbers mean a lot in this game if your team has solid teamwork and shots.

If the game is at a "still" which usually is a tied or close game that is 46 and up, the most crucial thing is to all be able to see each other to be able to put any shots on a person from the opposing team. The other critical thing is power weapons or power ups. Make sure you will at least get one of the new power weapons or at least a power up so you can counter the other teams power weapon or power up.

Hope that helped. It would be easier to explain these things over XBL. If you want anymore help, send me a message with your GT and if you are online I will invite you and do my best to help you out

Quote Originally Posted by Benjak View Post
    I can help you here. It's about teamwork. Say you are red team and your four down on countdown and the other team has both lifts, top health, and drop down areas. Your team spawns basement. DO NOT run out to the middle of the map. Go to your back ramp and make a plan of who will go where. Maybe have one person distract at S2 (but not stay there for long) while another goes to blue small door, and two of your teammates push from red small door.

Make sure to focus on the weakest person or the person with the most destructive power weapon. Once you have them one down, you can be a little more aggressive because it is now 4 vs 3 and numbers mean a lot in this game if your team has solid teamwork and shots.

If the game is at a "still" which usually is a tied or close game that is 46 and up, the most crucial thing is to all be able to see each other to be able to put any shots on a person from the opposing team. The other critical thing is power weapons or power ups. Make sure you will at least get one of the new power weapons or at least a power up so you can counter the other teams power weapon or power up.

Hope that helped. It would be easier to explain these things over XBL. If you want anymore help, send me a message with your GT and if you are online I will invite you and do my best to help you out
    IMO benjak is mostly right about that if not 100% but my opinion on the countdown scenario would of been slightly different but anyways. Always stay calm in 4 down situations never let the team get overwhelmed. In other words never make them or let them feel like they have lost because they are spawn trapped momentarily. If pro teams felt that way then there would obviously be fewer pro teams lol. Always make your pushes as a team to break setups the more people you have run out alone the more kills and downs the other team gets and the harder it makes it for you to do anything at all. Hope this helped as well and you can msg me on live for more. GT: TLN Itwasmagik

LAN Fan

We just need Tsquared to come in and break it done.
    My opinion would be don't die or lose map control when weapons are coming up. Tell your teamates where you are going and what you are doing off spawns. Don't get 3 or 4 dead in a single spawn cycle when the enemy is at your base because they will either cap the objective, or trap you in a terrible spawn. Make sure you work with your team and not try to raw skill it (only the Godsquad can do this correctly). Don't be afraid to call your teamates out if they are dying a shitload. Time camo and objective resets as well because obviously they can affect the outcomes of games. Watch the streams, you can learn a lot just from the ways the pros respond to enemy set ups and how they help the JOes improve their game.
    Gamertag: Just Chilley
    STR8 Fan til the day i die

LAN Fan

I really cant help but like everyone says, use teamwork to get a certain person down so you can push out from there.

GT ; via Ghosty
    Okay, im banned from GameBattles until Aug 11th for reporting I lost. Stupid.
    Ninja, Aassualt, Pistola, and Roy are my fav. players.
    I know people think Pistola, Roy, and Ninja are overrated players, but guess what im not a fanboy. I like them and thats it, I dont try to add them, and if there streaming and doing open lobbies for viewers, I try to get in. Like the other 500+ people usually watching them. Kbai

LAN Fan

Thanks alot for the help guys, i really appriciate it!

LANce Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by Benjak View Post

Pretty much this

don't die in the first place and you won't have to worry about respawn