Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ask Forefront!!

Jean-Claude LAN Damme

Quote Originally Posted by Clipzyy View Post
    Get Hauppage HD PVR wonderful quality (i have it) but it costs a lot. lol
    it cost a 189 on amazon thats not alot but tool you can get a dazzel i think its called for like 50 and then use wirecast and justin.tv to work with you lol
    GT: XBL Gweedo888 PS3:xxGweedo888xx

Convo with me and my 3 year old daughter (possibly a future shout caster lol):
    Her Daddy, are you Red? Me Yes Ruthie, Daddy is Red team this time...
    Her Daddy, you're getting shot at! Me Yes Ruthie, Daddy knows ...
    Her Ooh no!! Daddy you died, Me Ruthie!!! hush!!
    Her Daddy, its okay your all better now (I re-spawned)

LANce Armstrong

@gwhit518

for HD quality streaming, I would suggest nothing lower than 3Mbps upload. You could get by fine with 2Mbps, but 3 is preferred.

Sir LANs-a-lot

This looks like the best place to post this so im looking to capture gameplay from my Xbox 360 in decent quality i know i need a capture card and a lot of cords im wondering whats a good capture card that costs between $50 - $200 because i have no idea how much they cost also do i need anything else besides a capture card and if it makes a difference my monitor is a Acer H233H i don't plan on streaming thanks in advance.
    I Like Turtles
    GT: AZUL G

LANce Armstrong

Your best bet for capturing gameplay is a Hauppauge HD PVR. It will run you around $200, and a little cheaper if you get it from ebay. I also think someone is selling one in the B/S/T section here, though I haven't checked the price. It will capture gameplay in the best quality possible. You will need the component cable from your xbox, and that is all. The Hauppauge will connect to your computer through usb (included), and you can just switch your vga cable from the monitor, to the component cable when capturing.

You can't do this for streaming, as you need to get the signal through the Hauppauge to the monitor. However, if you are just capturing films, the lag won't matter.

Crawler

Ok I have the MLG Asus my upload speed is .73 and my download speed is 1.8 is there anyway I could get a list of the things I would need to stream on Jtv. Money isn't really a problem I would just like some high quality equipment and I am a noob to this so please no big words. Thanks!
    Str8 Rippin fan always but untill they come back i'll chill with Warriors.

LANce Armstrong

1. Better down/up speed
    2. Better down/up speed
    3. Google (for searching info on capture devices like Hauppauge HD PVR, and BlackMagic Intensity Pro)
    4. Youtube (for getting videos on how to set up these devices and the software to use them.)

If you start setting it up and get stuck, post back here.

Crawler

Ok well I guess my first problem is my download/upload speed how do I fix that to make it better?
    Str8 Rippin fan always but untill they come back i'll chill with Warriors.

LANce Armstrong

You have to purchase a better package from your ISP

Sir LANs-a-lot

You going to NGL St. Louis on the 14th? If so who you going with and can i be there to smack you up side your head?

LANce Armstrong

I don't know if I'll be able to make it, but I'd like to go watch. I just need to have gas money. If you guys need a place to stay though, you're welcome at my place.