Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ask Forefront!!

Certified Lurk

AotM
    Astro Gaming
    NGL is in my home town!? ill go! ForeFront lets throw a team together REALLY FAST and show up
    November "AotM" Winner
    "Winner of the MVP Forum Award!"
    "Twitch Stream: www.Twitch.tv/HavkinKnight"
    AD Carry LF Team

"Sic Parvis Magna"

Team TLN: HavkinKnight (LoL/Halo 4/Injustice) Gweedo888 (Injustice)
    Str8 Rippinfan for life!!

Crawler

Ok! Upload/download speed is fixed it is now 11.26 upload and 48.97. I think i'm going to go with the Hauppauge mainly because I don't want to deal with taking my computer apart. What else alongside with the Hauppage would I need? Oh and i'm using the MLG Asus with VGA cables if that means anything.
    Last edited by Jackattack; 08-14-2011 at 12:28 AM.
    Str8 Rippin fan always but untill they come back i'll chill with Warriors.

LANce Armstrong

If you go with the Hauppauge, you will also need a powered Component-to-VGA adapter which can run you up to $200 itself. That's $400 total with the capture device and conversion processor. I would suggest just going with the BMI if you have a desktop with at least 3GB of RAM, and a Quad-core processor. If not, then you may just have to shell out the extra $200. If you search "powered component-to-VGA splitter" on Google, you will find several. I haven't tested any myself, so I can't say which one to get, but I'd be careful with the low end ones. Make sure it's compatible with 720p or 1080i, as these are the resolutions that the Hauppauge can output.

Alright i need to know Forefront what is the cheapest way possible under 200 for me to stream with audio? doesn't matter if its SD I just need to do it for kind of cheap used things are fine. Help from anyone at all would be fine in return I give you my love? lol

Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by forefront View Post
    If you go with the Hauppauge, you will also need a powered Component-to-VGA adapter which can run you up to $200 itself. That's $400 total with the capture device and conversion processor. I would suggest just going with the BMI if you have a desktop with at least 3GB of RAM, and a Quad-core processor. If not, then you may just have to shell out the extra $200. If you search "powered component-to-VGA splitter" on Google, you will find several. I haven't tested any myself, so I can't say which one to get, but I'd be careful with the low end ones. Make sure it's compatible with 720p or 1080i, as these are the resolutions that the Hauppauge can output.
    What if I used HDMI would I still need to dish out an extra 200 dollars for the Hauppauge?

Oh and my computer can't handle the BMI so that's not an option.

EDIT: Hey can you link me to a powered Component-to-VGA adapter that you know works with the Hauppauge?
    Last edited by Jackattack; 08-14-2011 at 12:46 PM.

LANce Armstrong

The Hauppauge only has Component in/out, so you will need a converter. Component-to-HDMI is possible, but more expensive. Again, I've never tested them myself, as I've never streamed live with my Hauppauge, but I know this one works as it is the one that Ninja uses, but you will need a f/f component cable to connect the xbox component to the component-to-vga cable provided with the scaler.

If you don't want that one, you can search around, but I don't guarantee anything that I haven't used personally.

Crawler

Ok thanks a lot man, one more question i'm pretty sure i'm going to go with the Hauppauge setup but I just want to make sure my computer can handle it before I buy anything this is what I read off the side of my computer.

Processor: AMD Athlon x2 7550 Dual-Core Processor.

System memory: 3gb

Operating system: Windows Vista Home premium

Hard drive: 320gb

Optical drive: SuperMilti DVD R/RW

Will everything run fine?

LANce Armstrong

Yes. That should be enough to run a Hauppauge. As long as you don't have a graphics card that's just terrible it'll be fine.

Crawler

Alright thanks a lot! If I run into any problems setting it up i'll just post back here.

Crawler

Didnt know you were a former marine. I was going to enlist but after lots and lots of thinking, I decided against it. Still regret it every day. -_-

Email: MLGHammertime@gmail.com
    Twitter: MLGHammertime
    If you have a question or a problem, please don't hesitate to contact me through email or on AIM.