Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
    LANimal

World of Warcraft for FREE!?

World of Warcraft has a new offering where you can play FREE (really free, no CC required) up to level 20. There are other restrictions, mostly targeted at preventing Chinese spammers. There is no expiration; you can play free forever, but will never advance past level 20 unless you convert to a regular account.

Blizzard Support

What do you guys think about this?? I personally have been wishing for it to be possible to play WoW for free, besides private servers and illegal matters.
    GT: B r w n (with spaces)

Ogre 2 - ROY - LunchBox - Pistola

LAN Fan

That is pretty cool, but what's the point of playing when you can't go pass lvl 20?
    There's nothing special when you're levels 1-20.

Nonetheless, it's still way better than a 10-day trial :P

GT: Xzwolf
    HEY, here are my achievements so far:
    Successful 1v1 Tournament

LAN Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Xzwolf View Post
    That is pretty cool, but what's the point of playing when you can't go pass lvl 20?
    There's nothing special when you're levels 1-20.

Nonetheless, it's still way better than a 10-day trial :P
    Ew WoW. Nah im Just Kidding. But it sounds cool for all those hardcore WoW Lovers like Wolf here

GT ; via Ghosty
    Okay, im banned from GameBattles until Aug 11th for reporting I lost. Stupid.
    Ninja, Aassualt, Pistola, and Roy are my fav. players.
    I know people think Pistola, Roy, and Ninja are overrated players, but guess what im not a fanboy. I like them and thats it, I dont try to add them, and if there streaming and doing open lobbies for viewers, I try to get in. Like the other 500+ people usually watching them. Kbai

Crawler

Astro Gaming
    you could twink out at lvl 19 and stop ur xp im sure thats what the thing will be with people playing these accounts... since there are bgs for lvls 10-19 and then 20-29 but at 20 you can get a mount so its a toss up. But with the trial accounts you cant trade with people im pretty sure you cant use the Auction house and you cant use the in game mail system or whisper people unless they whisper you first. Its all part of the restrictions and they are pretty tight ones. I have my own account i pay for and i have everything i need so haha =D!
    MLG Events Dallas 06,07,08,09,10,11 Orlando 07 Strongside Fan!!! Warriors Fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Makin View Post
    Also on another note H3NRI3 is Warriors number 1 fan just so everyone knows
    ^FACT

Astro Gaming
    Quote Originally Posted by H3NRI3 View Post
    you could twink out at lvl 19 and stop ur xp im sure thats what the thing will be with people playing these accounts... since there are bgs for lvls 10-19 and then 20-29 but at 20 you can get a mount so its a toss up. But with the trial accounts you cant trade with people im pretty sure you cant use the Auction house and you cant use the in game mail system or whisper people unless they whisper you first. Its all part of the restrictions and they are pretty tight ones. I have my own account i pay for and i have everything i need so haha =D!
    UNfortunatly no you cant do that, because you cant use the AH, initiate Trades or do Instances with this trial account. So you may have a really terrible twink.

Crawler

I think this is great idea by Blzzard, I actually just started playing when they released this due to the convincing of my friends and now Im a full member. Awesome idea. For anyone who hasnt played WoW yet Id highly recommend giving it a try.

Jean-Claude LAN Damme

There's gonna be so many people now! AHHHHHH!!!!!!
    gt: i Morgxn
    twitter | facebook

Jean-Claude LAN Damme

Does it let you play when you are out of WoW time for a real account but want to play on a character under lvl 20.
    LoL Summoner Name = Ant Keyyy HMU

Peon

There are some restrictions to this though from what I've heard, I know one is if you have a trial account linked to your B.Net that you cannot speak with your B.Net friends even though its under the same account.