Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Astro Gaming
    Quote Originally Posted by SniPeZiLLa View Post
    maybe 343 will use this on Halo 4??
    No of course not, from the Dev demo it is still in an early alpha stage. And the technology will still not be able to be released for at least 6 months it has been said.

So unless you want 343 to wait untill the SDK is released then completely build something from the ground up, which can take upto 2-3 years to do it. We wont be seeing any game use this sort of technology for at least 2 years.

Certified Lurk

AotM
    Astro Gaming
    i think it looks good but lets face it lets see a game that is FULLY made up or as they call it Non-Fiction then everything is not rendered from a hybrid or real life. also if there is to much detail people will over look things like beaten paths cuz GUESS what they will be really well hidden also i feel like gamers can get lost alot this way. it looks beautiful and i would love to see Uncharted or the next Elder Scrolls use it but i dont think it will be in games alot plus that raised cost and thus making our cost go up and im not spending $70-80 for a standerd issue game...

side note tho it does look pretty cool.
    November "AotM" Winner
    "Winner of the MVP Forum Award!"
    "Twitch Stream: www.Twitch.tv/HavkinKnight"
    AD Carry LF Team

"Sic Parvis Magna"

Team TLN: HavkinKnight (LoL/Halo 4/Injustice) Gweedo888 (Injustice)
    Str8 Rippinfan for life!!

LAN Helsing

Fantasy Camper
    Astro Gaming
    Quote Originally Posted by HavkinKnight View Post
    i think it looks good but lets face it lets see a game that is FULLY made up or as they call it Non-Fiction then everything is not rendered from a hybrid or real life. also if there is to much detail people will over look things like beaten paths cuz GUESS what they will be really well hidden also i feel like gamers can get lost alot this way. it looks beautiful and i would love to see Uncharted or the next Elder Scrolls use it but i dont think it will be in games alot plus that raised cost and thus making our cost go up and im not spending $70-80 for a standerd issue game...

side note tho it does look pretty cool.

It would lower cost actually, Because now developers don't have to keep raising the polygon budget in their games, and working at that specifically(They note that billions of dollars are spent a year doing this). If A company does not have to do this any more spending can be put more towards the quality of the game play and not worry so much about does it look good.( You have artist to worry about that)
    ˙ʎɹoןƃ sʇı uı ןıɐɟ sɹǝɥʇo ןןɐ ˙ǝʇısqǝʍ ʇsǝq ǝɥʇ sı ʞɹoʍʇǝu uɐן ǝɥʇ

The Summer League http://thelannetwork.com/forum/showt...-Summer-League

Banned

If it is true. I would love to see a game like Skyrim use this tech.