Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

When is there to much content?

Alright folks, I wanted to get a feel for what you guys think about all the new content coming out of the MLG community...We have several "shows" starting up. Now there are many for Starcraft already established...But now it appears that everyone and their grandmother is attempting to start up a show...What do you guys think about it?

Personally? I think we need to get a few established and get a good number of followers, then start from there and more outward...To much to soon may do more harm then good.
    GT: iApollo ze Godi
    AIM: InsiderApollo
    My Youtube: TheLostApollo

Photobucket
    What I am hoping doesn't happen is that everyone rushes to release new content. Content is good, yes, but it really comes down to quality. I am spending weeks preparing for Small Talk in hopes that it is a great quality show. I hope that these new podcasts and things are great quality and good production. The community needs professionally made content in my opinion. I am glad to see the effort though. Good start in my opinion.

Certified Lurk

AotM
    Astro Gaming
    again i agree with Small and you as well dave. I feel it needs to be help to a standerd and to much can make people sift through all the other stuff to hit the Pfofessionally made products. (i still feel like if people wanna give it a shot by all means go for it but make a blog or a youtube channal if you blow up im sure people will see it and you will get your shot!)
    November "AotM" Winner
    "Winner of the MVP Forum Award!"
    "Twitch Stream: www.Twitch.tv/HavkinKnight"
    AD Carry LF Team

"Sic Parvis Magna"

Team TLN: HavkinKnight (LoL/Halo 4/Injustice) Gweedo888 (Injustice)
    Str8 Rippinfan for life!!

Taylor! How's it going man!
    GT: iApollo ze Godi
    AIM: InsiderApollo
    My Youtube: TheLostApollo

Certified Lurk

AotM
    Astro Gaming
    haha Amazing Dave as always life is Crazy with work and Fighting Games and going back to Halo and Helping out Small and LIVING THE DREAM!!!!! haha

OT, there is always a chance of trying to Help out other major players in the Content game. people can always try to help out others make content better than making more content
    November "AotM" Winner
    "Winner of the MVP Forum Award!"
    "Twitch Stream: www.Twitch.tv/HavkinKnight"
    AD Carry LF Team

"Sic Parvis Magna"

Team TLN: HavkinKnight (LoL/Halo 4/Injustice) Gweedo888 (Injustice)
    Str8 Rippinfan for life!!

I <3 TLN

Everyone is trying to produce content. The thing is we don't need very much of it, we just need it professionally ran by people who

A) Know what they're talking about
    B) Have been around the actual competitive gaming scene (and succeeded, making it to your 3rd match in an event 8 times in a row doesn't really count)
    C) Have a following to some extent and people know and trust
    D) Can run it professionally and not make it about boosting their own ego and "accomplisments"

I still support the other ones out there people are starting. Those on top of the ones like I stated above still help the community, just not as much, and no matter how many of those people you have doing them it just doesn't compare to the list I said here.
    Last edited by Antidote; 12-04-2011 at 05:21 PM.

GT: Antidote4Life
    SC2: Antidote.775
    LoL: Antidote4Life

http://twitter.com/#!/Antidote4Life

Sc2 & LoL Stream: http://justin.tv/antidote4life

I like the content thats coming out all of it really I even started some commentaries and I plan on doing more b/c i've gotten positive feedback
    Link just in case you wanted to see it comment on the video please and also guys if you have link to other peoples stuff let me know always trying to get some ideas and help other people out.

Content Team

There seems to be a flood, but it will slow down, and the quality will survive. Then it will build from that. I agree with the idea of too much of a good thing dilutes the highest quality goods, but it will weigh out naturally. The more content, the more competitive the content will get, the higher quality it will become.

Photobucket
    AotM
    I think the flood is good, throw the crap at the wall and see what sticks. For a while we may be watching some sub optimal shows but eventually the best ones will pull in the high numbers of viewers and the weaker ones will stop. Im glad that people are still trying to do it even though there are plenty of shows already, rather than being discourage by the number and maybe never producing what would have been a great program.
    twitter: @dillonmcgaughey

PM me for custom Graphic Design work, Twitch/Twitter Layouts, Astro Tag Designs ect.

I don't care how much content comes out it all helps. And its up to everyone to find the quality ones they like. Everyone has a different view on games and how they would play it just like SC2. So I welcome everyone who wants to release something but I will watch the ones that I think are quality and everyone can do the same. Then if there are any really bad ones they may give up once they have no views.

GT: X F0RBIDD3N1 X