Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Theres so many that I can't watch them all, I try though =/

Quote Originally Posted by Antidote View Post
    Everyone is trying to produce content. The thing is we don't need very much of it, we just need it professionally ran by people who

A) Know what they're talking about
    B) Have been around the actual competitive gaming scene (and succeeded, making it to your 3rd match in an event 8 times in a row doesn't really count)
    C) Have a following to some extent and people know and trust
    D) Can run it professionally and not make it about boosting their own ego and "accomplisments"

I still support the other ones out there people are starting. Those on top of the ones like I stated above still help the community, just not as much, and no matter how many of those people you have doing them it just doesn't compare to the list I said here.
    This, we don't need a ton of shows, we only need a couple and we already have that. THC, BTC, Halonation (I think thats still going). Am I forgetting any? :x and we need people on those shows who meet the above "requirements" (I didn't wanna call it that but did for the sake of it).

We also need said people putting out content on youtube, but the content has to be good quality, helpful. Good examples of this is the type of stuff Bravo and Ryanoob produce. We don't need games of a Pro going 35-0 in MLG playlist against cooldude911, superkid01387591 etc. We need good quality matches, of them "teaching" their viewers. Close, nail bitter games are also more entertaining then blow outs against randoms.

They can also put out chill, relaxing videos (like a blow out) for background entertainment, while they talk about important happenings (when the time arrives) that are currently going on, within the community itself or with them/their team. Just updates, etc.
    Last edited by Lazer; 02-04-2012 at 11:53 AM.

LAN Helsing

Original
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
    This, we don't need a ton of shows, we only need a couple and we already have that. THC, BTC, Halonation (I think thats still going). Am I forgetting any? :x and we need people on those shows who meet the above "requirements" (I didn't wanna call it that but did for the sake of it).

We also need said people putting out content on youtube, but the content has to be good quality, helpful. Good examples of this is the type of stuff Bravo and Ryanoob produce. We don't need games of a Pro going 35-0 in MLG playlist against cooldude911, superkid01387591 etc. We need good quality matches, of them "teaching" their viewers. Close, nail bitter games are also more entertaining then blow outs against randoms.

They can also put out chill, relaxing videos (like a blow out) for background entertainment, while they talk about important happenings (when the time arrives) that are currently going on, within the community itself or with them/their team. Just updates, etc.
    This.
    What I would like to see is community members (as in AMATEURS) stepping up to produce new Youtube content. Look at SC2's Husky as a guide! Correct me if I'm wrong, but Husky is not a SC2 pro, simply a commentator. But he reached his plateau of success by releasing lots of content to the SC2 community. This is what we should be aiming for.

Here is an example of a community member releases content in his Youtube Series, "From Noob to Known". He commentates his own road to a more professional and competitive Halo experience through episodes of gameplay.

From Noob to Known Episode 3
    Hit me up for anything!

GT: Briimstone
    SCII: Briimstone 484

LAN Fan

I think that there needs to be a happy medium with content, but there are many differing opinions out there. One of the only things that matters to me if the content is intelligently written and well punctuated. Other than that have at it I love having things to read!
    GT: Gearijigu

Fear the Gear