Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Photobucket

MLG Delivers the Largest Season in eSports History

“Our viewership numbers this year have been staggering, and MLG now pulls in larger audiences than several traditional television cable networks,” said Sundance DiGiovanni, CEO, Major League Gaming. “Our live streams of the Pro Circuit National Championships garnered more 18-24 male viewers than Comedy Central, MTV, TBS, and FX draw in an average quarter hour and nearly as many as Adult Swim.”

Read the full article here: http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/new...sports-history

These are some pretty impressive statistics. It makes you wonder if MLG will be on national television soon. What do you think?

I don't see why not. With the partnerships they have created they may get some attention from tv networks. Perhaps a G4 or some smaller channel would pick them up. And now with people seeing barcrafts pop up and look at the numbers you can't deny that MLG is growing at an incredible rate.

GT: X F0RBIDD3N1 X

Photobucket
    AotM
    TV is no longer the golden standard to strive for, MLG should stay primarily online imo.
    twitter: @dillonmcgaughey

PM me for custom Graphic Design work, Twitch/Twitter Layouts, Astro Tag Designs ect.

I read this article, it is great news indeed. I can't wait to see whats in store for next year.

I do not believe MLG will make it on TV...Unless they do like they did when it was on USA...and chop it up...They cannot have 3 hours of down time....The internet is it's own thing now...They actually talked about it at the NASL...About how first there was radio, then TV, and now Internet
    GT: iApollo ze Godi
    AIM: InsiderApollo
    My Youtube: TheLostApollo

Martian LANhunter

Astro Gaming
    maybe it will be on tv, but dont forget it already was on tv. There is a reason they pulled it off but who knows what the future holds
    GO GREEN!!!!

GT: CHRIS CR33P | Twitter | Interview with Mr P
    Starcraft Character code: 352 : ChrisCreep : Diamond : Protoss/Zerg

I <3 TLN

I doubt it will be on television, at least anytime soon. Having a gaming event on television would be troublesome. You'd have to fit it into an allotted time. Then on top of that you'd have the station wanting to run multiple commercials and having to fit them all in would eventually separate matches. Imaging having multiple commercials in the middle of your favorite match.

GT: Antidote4Life
    SC2: Antidote.775
    LoL: Antidote4Life

http://twitter.com/#!/Antidote4Life

Sc2 & LoL Stream: http://justin.tv/antidote4life

Certified Lurk

AotM
    Astro Gaming
    it was on TV a few seasons back and it did not do near as well
    November "AotM" Winner
    "Winner of the MVP Forum Award!"
    "Twitch Stream: www.Twitch.tv/HavkinKnight"
    AD Carry LF Team

"Sic Parvis Magna"

Team TLN: HavkinKnight (LoL/Halo 4/Injustice) Gweedo888 (Injustice)
    Str8 Rippinfan for life!!

no it didn't but with the following it has now. And we aren't talking one game. TV could be used to cast primary matchups on each game. Then you also cast via internet for those that want to wait between games to see the game they want (halo, sc2, cod). It has to go beyond only showing one game. It could work and better then it did in the past.

GT: X F0RBIDD3N1 X

Photobucket
    AotM
    I agree with what apollo said, TV is on its way out. Netflix, Hulu, youtube, and twitch are growing rapidly. As the means to deliver content without a cable subscription evolve I think the internet will soon be recognized as just as if not better for watching video.
    twitter: @dillonmcgaughey

PM me for custom Graphic Design work, Twitch/Twitter Layouts, Astro Tag Designs ect.