Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    LAN Helsing

That is a good point forbidden. I kinda like that idea. I would love to see E-sports as a whole get known better on a mainstream level. I am tired of having to explain my biggest hobby of watching video game tournaments to people that just don't understand because they have not been exposed to gaming on a professional level at all... and I live in the middle of a whole in the ground so that doesn't help either.
    GT: Kevin Smallz

YOUR KILLING ME SMALLz!

Yea internet streaming is huge but TV is a whole different group of people that MLG could reach. MLG has internet streaming already why not expand?

GT: X F0RBIDD3N1 X

LANdalf The Grey

mlg being on tv..? that would be so sick but how would that work with the 3 main stages? maybe 3 channels? online stream is great but mlg is always having tech difficulties and yeah, id love to see MLG on TV, esports is growing
    Check out GamingJerseys.com
    Done playing Halo Reach competitively, but will remain on this website! Hit me up on xbox live! My gamertag is "vs Tension"! Feel free to add me and we'll play some CLASSIC Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight View Post
    mlg being on tv..? that would be so sick but how would that work with the 3 main stages? maybe 3 channels? online stream is great but mlg is always having tech difficulties and yeah, id love to see MLG on TV, esports is growing

Like I said before if it was up to me I would only but big matchups on TV. That way you can broadcast all MLG games on one channel. If you stay on the stream for Halo you have so much downtime its crazy. Mixing all 3 or more games on a tv broadcast would help intro people to esports.

LANdalf The Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Forbidd3n View Post
    Like I said before if it was up to me I would only but big matchups on TV. That way you can broadcast all MLG games on one channel. If you stay on the stream for Halo you have so much downtime its crazy. Mixing all 3 or more games on a tv broadcast would help intro people to esports.
    yeah, i agree
    Check out GamingJerseys.com
    Done playing Halo Reach competitively, but will remain on this website! Hit me up on xbox live! My gamertag is "vs Tension"! Feel free to add me and we'll play some CLASSIC Playlist

I <3 TLN

Except how would you handle say MLG gets an hour to broadcast this. The Halo match ends in say 20 minutes then Sc goes on for like an hour itself. That's already over the time. Plus you would have commercials in the middle of all the matches which would be terrible.

GT: Antidote4Life
    SC2: Antidote.775
    LoL: Antidote4Life

http://twitter.com/#!/Antidote4Life

Sc2 & LoL Stream: http://justin.tv/antidote4life

Quote Originally Posted by Antidote View Post
    Except how would you handle say MLG gets an hour to broadcast this. The Halo match ends in say 20 minutes then Sc goes on for like an hour itself. That's already over the time. Plus you would have commercials in the middle of all the matches which would be terrible.
    Who says it would be an hour block? I'm not saying I have the answers. But it would have to be negotiated between MLG and whatever channel its broadcast on. Yes you have commercials but the matches have commercials between games anyway don't they? Or (and this is wayyyyyy out there) what if the tv is run on say an hour delay that way there is no waiting between televised matches.

I <3 TLN

Who says it would be an hour block? I'm not saying I have the answers. But it would have to be negotiated between MLG and whatever channel its broadcast on. Yes you have commercials but the matches have commercials between games anyway don't they? Or (and this is wayyyyyy out there) what if the tv is run on say an hour delay that way there is no waiting between televised matches.
    The hour block was just an example. There is a difference between the commercials you see on TV and the ones you see on a stream though, instead of seeing a single 3 minutes commercial like you would on stream, it would be several 4-5 minute long commercials. If they did do it on a delay that would suck because most people would know the results before they even saw the match.

It could work but it's not really worth all the hassle and money to appeal to a televised audience when even most TV is switching to be on your computer.

GT: Antidote4Life
    SC2: Antidote.775
    LoL: Antidote4Life

http://twitter.com/#!/Antidote4Life

Sc2 & LoL Stream: http://justin.tv/antidote4life

Jean-Claude LAN Damme

Quote Originally Posted by D Moralize View Post
    TV is no longer the golden standard to strive for, MLG should stay primarily online imo.
    Truth, I don't even touch my TV besides for gaming. I watch all my TV shows, movies, and etc online, however I feel G4 would be the best bet for MLG to be on television.
    LoL Summoner Name = Ant Keyyy HMU

LANce Armstrong

Screw TV. MLG Radio is the wave of the future!!!