Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:

Thread: Sc2

Sc2

I recently built a new computer and it is way better than my previous one.

I want to start PC gaming more than console but i'm not sure which game now that my PC can take on way more. I torrented sc2 but didn't crack it so I was just waiting with the trial trying to see if i'd like it.

Is sc2 worth it because it honestly seems way to simple but just gets more complicated with the different races or whatever. It seems like i'd get bored early but i'm not sure if its because the trial makes the game look like crap.

Really don't want to go back to runescaping because it isn't much of a pc game but is addictive.

Any opinions?

I <3 TLN

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Eat Kidz View Post
    I recently built a new computer and it is way better than my previous one.

I want to start PC gaming more than console but i'm not sure which game now that my PC can take on way more. I torrented sc2 but didn't crack it so I was just waiting with the trial trying to see if i'd like it.

Is sc2 worth it because it honestly seems way to simple but just gets more complicated with the different races or whatever. It seems like i'd get bored early but i'm not sure if its because the trial makes the game look like crap.

Really don't want to go back to runescaping because it isn't much of a pc game but is addictive.

Any opinions?
    We have a SC2 section on the site you should read to get a better idea from the members here.

Honestly SC2 is probably the most complicated game right now in competitive gaming. It's a fun game but it's hard to get into unless you stick with it.

Another popular game right now is League of Legends which has roots in the RTS field such as SC2. It has quite a high skill gap but doesn't come to be near as complicated as actual DotA or SC2. It's also an easier game to pick up and enjoy, so I'd suggest that game.

www.leagueoflegends.com
    www.joindota.com

Info on games mentioned.

GT: Antidote4Life
    SC2: Antidote.775
    LoL: Antidote4Life

http://twitter.com/#!/Antidote4Life

Sc2 & LoL Stream: http://justin.tv/antidote4life

LoL seems gayyyyy imo

Thought about posting in SC2 section but didn't want it to only apply to SC2 if theres any other games that would be good for competitive PC gaming please reply

I <3 TLN

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Eat Kidz View Post
    LoL seems gayyyyy imo

Thought about posting in SC2 section but didn't want it to only apply to SC2 if theres any other games that would be good for competitive PC gaming please reply
    CS 1.6, Source, GO Beta
    SC2
    LoL
    DotA/DotA2

Probably the top PC competitive games right now.

GT: Antidote4Life
    SC2: Antidote.775
    LoL: Antidote4Life

http://twitter.com/#!/Antidote4Life

Sc2 & LoL Stream: http://justin.tv/antidote4life

SC2 is worth it imo...It's a fun game that involves alot of stratgey...There is a mega uber steep learning curve though...So don't think you'll go pro anytime soon though
    GT: iApollo ze Godi
    AIM: InsiderApollo
    My Youtube: TheLostApollo

Jean-Claude LAN Damme

Starcraft is worth it if you like strategy games (obviously) and the matchmaking system is pretty good so you play against kids your level. On paper the game is simple but executing what you want to do is hard which is why it's fun. There are so many options to choose from on how you want to build and then at the same time you have to counter build if things start going downhill.

They do have some good deals online for getting SC2 for cheap (gamestop had it for 30) and if you hit up some TLN kids to play, it'll be a lot more fun.

And yeah... don't expect to be pro at it.
    LoL Summoner Name = Ant Keyyy HMU

Martian LANhunter

Astro Gaming
    I LOVE IT!!! you get addicted
    GO GREEN!!!!

GT: CHRIS CR33P | Twitter | Interview with Mr P
    Starcraft Character code: 352 : ChrisCreep : Diamond : Protoss/Zerg

LANce Armstrong

Moved to SC2 forum, with 1 day redirect.

I'm probably going to be adding more things to my computer so i guess i'll have to wait to find a game that will play amazingly with PC