Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    even though it was directed at me...I meant what i say...There is nothing to lead ANYONE to believe that it is off the circuit, also, if CoD has survived the 5 events this year...Halo will be on the circuit next year.
    GT: iApollo ze Godi
    AIM: InsiderApollo
    My Youtube: TheLostApollo

Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by .Apollo View Post
    even though it was directed at me...I meant what i say...There is nothing to lead ANYONE to believe that it is off the circuit, also, if CoD has survived the 5 events this year...Halo will be on the circuit next year.
    It was directed at a lot of people who brought up the same point you did. It just seemed interesting the way you presented the point. Mostly because Sundance talked about it at Pro meetings saying it might possibly be dropped off of the circuit next year because of poor attendance at events and a low amount of viewers watching Halo, then they also stated that if 343 doesn't get on board then they will most definitely drop it (but now it seems like they are being pro MLG and pro Community which is a great sign for all of us), he then made gestures that players and people need to change their act (Halo Players/ Coaches and mostly directed towards the Pros) whether being on the MLG Forums and trash talking Bungie at the time or eventually 343 he stated that they would want nothing to do with us if things like that continued. And you guys maybe right to the fact that they just talk about it but nothing ever happens. I'm just looking at this to see where people stand as to what measures they would take to help to keep it on the Circuit and it's kind of displeasing to see the attitude even I've gotten used to using where you expect them to do something but you don't believe it.

I guess I expected a better response from this, that's all.

Also a little OT: I know we are expecting Halo 4 to be a phenomenal game. So as most of us see it now, even if it did get taken off of the circuit next year then we'd most likely expect it back the following season if they saw good things from it. I just don't want to see a gap where Halo wasn't on the circuit. And rather we actually got to see a positive change from within the community rather than see a blank space and lost time, to rather make visual improvements for the fans to see. I'd hate to see us start this positive revival and then it somehow or maybe end due to it being taken off.
    @ARCHYARCH

"No matter what accomplishments you make, somebody helped you."
    Althea Gibson

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment to improve the world."
    Anne Frank

"I hope you will judge yourselves not on your professional accomplishments alone, but also on how well you have addressed the world’s deepest inequities…on how well you treated people a world away who have nothing in common with you but your humanity."
    Bill Gates

LANdalf The Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Forbidd3n View Post
    Halo will be on the pro circuit in 2012 but not for these reasons. MLG is a business first. There aren't enough halo fans at the events to riot it'd be more like some guy yelling in the background. Sundance will do what is best for MLG so if people want it to stay they need to support the circuit in 2012. This has been said over and over. Quit complaining about gametypes go to the events cheer for halo don't be a dick and boo other teams in the stands and unify the community. OT I'm not signing the petition because it will accomplish nothing.
    according to sQ last season, it was brothers first, business second. (Enable, Assault)
    Check out GamingJerseys.com
    Done playing Halo Reach competitively, but will remain on this website! Hit me up on xbox live! My gamertag is "vs Tension"! Feel free to add me and we'll play some CLASSIC Playlist

Archy, believe me, i'm all for the revive Halo movement don't get me wrong, i've tried helping out with it as well....But until there is actual proof, forgive me if people panicking about something that is unlikely, gets me worried

Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by .Apollo View Post
    Archy, believe me, i'm all for the revive Halo movement don't get me wrong, i've tried helping out with it as well....But until there is actual proof, forgive me if people panicking about something that is unlikely, gets me worried
    I understand. I'm not panicking or anything. Do you know if the petition was because of someone panicking? Personally I don't believe it was. I see it as a way to show how strong the community is and to use this a proof of that and a possible back up option if we got enough votes to support our claim.
    Last edited by ARCHY ARCH; 12-10-2011 at 08:22 PM.
    @ARCHYARCH

Althea Gibson

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment to improve the world."
    Anne Frank

"I hope you will judge yourselves not on your professional accomplishments alone, but also on how well you have addressed the world’s deepest inequities…on how well you treated people a world away who have nothing in common with you but your humanity."
    Bill Gates

I can guess why the petition was made, lol...But regardless...It's not needed in my opinion.

Edit: This is my opinion, haha not mad, just saying
    Last edited by .Apollo; 12-12-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Certified Lurk

AotM
    Astro Gaming
    dave its ok lol i as well am in the same boat of Info you are but besides that i still personally believe that there is no wories for Halo: Reach (besides it sucks)
    November "AotM" Winner
    "Winner of the MVP Forum Award!"
    "Twitch Stream: www.Twitch.tv/HavkinKnight"
    AD Carry LF Team

"Sic Parvis Magna"

Team TLN: HavkinKnight (LoL/Halo 4/Injustice) Gweedo888 (Injustice)
    Str8 Rippinfan for life!!

Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight View Post
    according to sQ last season, it was brothers first, business second. (Enable, Assault)
    Ya and how did that work out?

GT: X F0RBIDD3N1 X

Administrator

High Score
    Astro Gaming
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight View Post
    Not even close to what you were replying to. One Halo team does not equal all of MLG. MLG has stated they want to to what's best for business.

Quote Originally Posted by Forbidd3n View Post
    Ya and how did that work out?
    Worked out great, they had fun and got paid a bunch by RedBull.

OT: This petition does nothing, MLG's decisions will be based upon what is a popular game so they have a potential wider audience.
    Forum Administrator | Online Tournament Manager

Have any questions about the site? Feel free to contact me via [B][U][URL="http://thelannetwork.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=467"]PM[/URL][/U][/B] | [B][U][URL="http://twitter.com/HisforHOYR"]Twitter[/URL][/U][/B] | [B][U][email="jh@thelannetwork.com"]Email[/email][/U][/B]

[B][U][URL="http://thelannetwork.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?16"]Feedback? Suggestions?[/URL][/U][/B] | [B][U][URL="http://thelannetwork.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?17"]Find a problem with the site?[/URL][/U][/B].

Crawler

OT: This petition does nothing, MLG's decisions will be based upon what is a popular game so they have a potential wider audience.[/QUOTE]

Don't remind me lol
    @ARCHYARCH

Althea Gibson

Anne Frank

Bill Gates