Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Jean-Claude LAN Damme

The point of signing the petition is to keep Reach on the circuit right? Well it's going to be on the circuit so no point in signing it. No need to advertise it everywhere and start crap with people.
    LoL Summoner Name = Ant Keyyy HMU

Quote Originally Posted by .Apollo View Post
    I can guess/most likely know why the petition was made, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by HavkinKnight View Post
    dave its ok lol i as well am in the same boat of Info you are but besides that i still personally believe that there is no wories for Halo: Reach (besides it sucks)
    Quote Originally Posted by heuer89 View Post
    OT: This petition does nothing, MLG's decisions will be based upon what is a popular game so they have a potential wider audience.
    Quote Originally Posted by AntKeyyy View Post
    The point of signing the petition is to keep Reach on the circuit right? Well it's going to be on the circuit so no point in signing it. No need to advertise it everywhere and start crap with people.
    I actually started the petition ... So let me make a few comments...

1. Halo Reach IS actually in jeopardy of being removed. Sundance has stated so a few times. If you think it's made up, then go listen to the most recent episode of the Loser's bracket by vVv. Halo Reach's future is very uncertain.

2. Apollo you no longer work for us for multiple reasons which were stated to you in your letter of termination. Don't pretend that you actually know what's going on as to things are done and don't try to sabotage something that is meant for the good of the community just because you're bitter. I'll leave it at that.

3. The petition was created as a protective measure because of different things that have been said by those inside and close to MLG. I love what Sundance has done with MLG for E-Sports as a whole. I am extremely grateful. This 100% NOT any kind of attack on him. He is being petitioned because he is the one who has the power. I ONLY intended for this petition to be a vehicle for the community to be able to come together and show that we are g"growing up" as a community and that we can set aside our differences and actually work together. I worded it the way I did so that it was something we could all agree on. ("We want MLG to keep Halo Reach as one of the Featured titles on the 2012 Pro Circuit" - I thought that would be universal for the halo community )

4. Petitions actually can work. Petitions have been used historically throughout our country in BOTH politics and business. Petitions are based on the foundation that one voice alone will have tremendous difficulty influencing political or commercial organizations, but they potential unity of thousands of voices can resound in the ears of the decision makers. It may or may not make the difference, but no one can deny that it has the potential to help if the powers that be are on the fence about keeping or not keeping halo, like they said they are.

People don't have to agree with me, that's okay. I'll take time to understand your views and perspectives I just ask that you do the same. If you are interested then here's the link: http://www.change.org/petitions/majo...-console-title. If you're not then fair enough, but don't sabotage something that is meant for the community good.

Side note: It is great to see TLN alive again!
    Last edited by Trent; 12-12-2011 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Side note

I <3 TLN

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I actually started the petition ... So let me make a few comments...

1. Halo Reach IS actually in jeopardy of being removed. Sundance has stated so a few times. If you think it's made up, then go listen to the most recent episode of the Loser's bracket by vVv. Halo Reach's future is very uncertain.

2. Apollo you no longer work for us for multiple reasons which were stated to you in your letter of termination. Don't pretend that you actually know what's going on as to things are done and don't try to sabotage something that is meant for the good of the community just because you're bitter. I'll leave it at that.

3. The petition was created as a protective measure because of different things that have been said by those inside and close to MLG. I love what Sundance has done with MLG for E-Sports as a whole. I am extremely grateful. This 100% NOT any kind of attack on him. He is being petitioned because he is the one who has the power. I ONLY intended for this petition to be a vehicle for the community to be able to come together and show that we are g"growing up" as a community and that we can set aside our differences and actually work together. I worded it the way I did so that it was something we could all agree on. ("We want MLG to keep Halo Reach as one of the Featured titles on the 2012 Pro Circuit" - I thought that would be universal for the halo community )

4. Petitions actually can work. Petitions have been used historically throughout our country in BOTH politics and business. Petitions are based on the foundation that one voice alone will have tremendous difficulty influencing political or commercial organizations, but they potential unity of thousands of voices can resound in the ears of the decision makers. It may or may not make the difference, but no one can deny that it has the potential to help if the powers that be are on the fence about keeping or not keeping halo, like they said they are.

People don't have to agree with me, that's okay. I'll take time to understand your views and perspectives I just ask that you do the same. If you are interested then here's the link: http://www.change.org/petitions/majo...-console-title. If you're not then fair enough, but don't sabotage something that is meant for the community good.

Side note: It is great to see TLN alive again!
    The point about this petition is that it's being used in good thought, but kind of applied, in my opinion, the wrong sense. You state that Halo Reach is in jeopardy of being removed from the circuit. You support Sundance, yet this petition is technically saying, "Hey, we know you wouldn't do anything to hurt MLG and the decisions you make will actually grow the company. We feel however that even though if you crunch the numbers and decide that keeping Halo Reach on the circuit is bad for the business and holding it back, well, we want you to keep it on anyway." Not exactly the way a petition works.

Sundance knows people want Reach to stay on. That's not the issue. The issue is in perspective, how many people out of the entire MLG community wish for Reach to stay on instead of something bigger and better taking the place. In my personal opinion I don't believe the percent is that high. Now before you say, "But Antidote that's what the petition is for." Well if that's what it's for then I'm gonna further prove my point by saying this. If your creating a petition for the sole purpose of trying to prove to Sundance and the people at MLG how many people care about keeping Reach on, don't you think they already know? I mean you're not going to get the entire community to do anything with this. It's not an insult, I can't think of any community that could get literally everyone on board for a petition. I think MLG would have a better idea then this petition gives by simplying viewing the numbers they have. The amount of team passes bought for Halo, the amount of people in the crowd, the amount of post (actual non-clutter, decent, well written content that adds) on the MLG forums for Halo. Along with countless other numbers they have for themselves. I believe those would show already what this petition is trying to show, but better.

As for saying the petition is detrimental. If keeping Halo Reach on is a bad business opportunity then why would they do it, even with a petition? I mean if keeping Halo on with Reach for the circuit is going to stunt the growth they could see, why would MLG do that when they know it would be hurting themselves, the SC2 community, the CoD community and now the LoL community? Especially being that a good portion of the people who play Halo enjoy these games, some even more then they do Halo.

TL;DR This petition to me says, "Hey, we know you're going to make the right decision as to what will help and or hurt the community. We're just saying we want Halo on even if it's a bad decision."

Yes, I know not everyone will agree with my post. Yes, I know some of the people who would argue with my post probably won't even read the whole thing.

My stand on it though is while I personally enjoy Halo, I enjoy seeing eSports grow even more. And if taking Halo off is something that needs to be done, even if it's temporary, then that's okay.

P.S. I think it would've been acceptable to send Apollo a PM addressing your guys personal problem instead of calling him out on the forum for no reason.
    Last edited by Antidote; 12-12-2011 at 12:13 PM.

GT: Antidote4Life
    SC2: Antidote.775
    LoL: Antidote4Life

http://twitter.com/#!/Antidote4Life

Sc2 & LoL Stream: http://justin.tv/antidote4life

First, seriously... Thank you for taking the time to read and respond intelligently. (no sarcasm)

Now regarding your post...

Quote Originally Posted by Antidote View Post
    The point about this petition is that it's being used in good thought, but kind of applied, in my opinion, the wrong sense. You state that Halo Reach is in jeopardy of being removed from the circuit. You support Sundance, yet this petition is technically saying, "Hey, we know you wouldn't do anything to hurt MLG and the decisions you make will actually grow the company. We feel however that even though if you crunch the numbers and decide that keeping Halo Reach on the circuit is bad for the business and holding it back, well, we want you to keep it on anyway." Not exactly the way a petition works.

Sundance knows people want Reach to stay on. That's not the issue. The issue is in perspective, how many people out of the entire MLG community wish for Reach to stay on instead of something bigger and better taking the place. In my personal opinion I don't believe the percent is that high. Now before you say, "But Antidote that's what the petition is for." Well if that's what it's for then I'm gonna further prove my point by saying this. If your creating a petition for the sole purpose of trying to prove to Sundance and the people at MLG how many people care about keeping Reach on, don't you think they already know? I mean you're not going to get the entire community to do anything with this. It's not an insult, I can't think of any community that could get literally everyone on board for a petition. I think MLG would have a better idea then this petition gives by simplying viewing the numbers they have. The amount of team passes bought for Halo, the amount of people in the crowd, the amount of post (actual non-clutter, decent, well written content that adds) on the MLG forums for Halo. Along with countless other numbers they have for themselves. I believe those would show already what this petition is trying to show, but better.

As for saying the petition is detrimental. If keeping Halo Reach on is a bad business opportunity then why would they do it, even with a petition? I mean if keeping Halo on with Reach for the circuit is going to stunt the growth they could see, why would MLG do that when they know it would be hurting themselves, the SC2 community, the CoD community and now the LoL community? Especially being that a good portion of the people who play Halo enjoy these games, some even more then they do Halo.

TL;DR This petition to me says, "Hey, we know you're going to make the right decision as to what will help and or hurt the community. We're just saying we want Halo on even if it's a bad decision."

Yes, I know not everyone will agree with my post. Yes, I know some of the people who would argue with my post probably won't even read the whole thing.

My stand on it though is while I personally enjoy Halo, I enjoy seeing eSports grow even more. And if taking Halo off is something that needs to be done, even if it's temporary, then that's okay.

I have followed MLG and attend events on many occasions since 2004-2005 and have seen first hand the awesome rise of a league out arguably the greatest league in E-Sports. At the same time I have seen a community that has grown and then in the last few years splintered and fragmented to the point where it "eats itself". I truly believe that this is one of the reasons that you have seen a decline in the last few years in event attendance. "A house divided against itself cannot stand". When you combine that with a poorly designed multi-player platform in Halo Reach. The combination has been borderline lethal for the Halo community.

I am trying to come at it from both a fan and a business aspect. I do understand the finance aspect of business (I personally worked in investment analysis and business finance for 7 years). I do NOT know the numbers personally for MLG. What I am asking with the proposal is simply this just more concise: "Halo Reach has the potential to be very competitive in this coming 2012 season due to the changes to the load-outs and bloom. I think these changes are drastic enough that it could completely revive halo from a competitive standpoint. For that reason, I AM asking that unless Halo is absolutely going to bankrupt MLG(which we know it's not) that they keep if on the circuit for one more year to allow these changes to play out."

I have intended this as a START to bring the community together. I really feel that the changes in the game along with the possibility of a "rejoined and unified" community will change the way halo is viewed. You've heard people say "how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time", I think that if we could get the community to come together and "voice" agreement on just this one subject that it could be a huge step in the right direction and might be enough to get the ball rolling so that the great resources in our community(the halo council, the lan network, progaminginsider, halo nation, etc.) can sustain it going forward. Make no mistake though, I believe it will take something huge like this to begin mold together what we have taken years to break apart and fragment.

Now I know where you stand and you know where I stand and the purpose of the Petition. I am grateful to have individuals like yourself that care enough about the community to intelligently share your thoughts and listen to others!

PS. If anybody has ideas that they think would help the community, but need help I would more than welcome a brainstorming session and help where I can or direct them to the right people to accomplish what they envision.

P.S. I think it would've been acceptable to send Apollo a PM addressing your guys personal problem instead of calling him out on the forum for no reason.
    You are correct this is not the place, but I have tried to address it privately numerous times. Sometimes you just have to confront things head on. Hindsight is 20/20 and maybe I should have taken the high road and just ignored.

When it's all said and done I will continue to support MLG Community, Sundance and the rest of the MLG staff regardless of the decisions made about halo.
    Last edited by Trent; 12-12-2011 at 02:55 PM. Reason: fix error

Jean-Claude LAN Damme

Well, the people you have presenting this petition are going about it the wrong way (if you asked them to or not).

"A house divided against itself cannot stand"

The way the people were going about advertising the petition showed how divided we really are and causing it to grow even more. I understand that petitions have worked before in the past but sadly it will not work here. I see that you're trying to bring the community back together and I support it, but it's obviously not working.
    LoL Summoner Name = Ant Keyyy HMU

Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    who's going about things wrong?
    Someone deleted my posts ((((((((((((((((
    @ARCHYARCH

"No matter what accomplishments you make, somebody helped you."
    Althea Gibson

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment to improve the world."
    Anne Frank

"I hope you will judge yourselves not on your professional accomplishments alone, but also on how well you have addressed the world’s deepest inequities…on how well you treated people a world away who have nothing in common with you but your humanity."
    Bill Gates

I don't think that a petition should have been started I guess it doesn't hurt now but if we're not on the circuit hopefully can find a different way to hold tournaments.