Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LAN Helsing

Fantasy Camper
    Astro Gaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Araneatrox View Post
    Magik speaks the truth, 3 gate robo destroys 4 gate unless he goes for very very fast chragelots, and that is stupid.

You can get 1 immortal out before the enemy starts their attack and that just destroys all stalkers in the entire map. But Against toss i like to rush Infestors and then get a load of lings. The only way i have found to hard counter it is with Obs + Feedback Templar. But you would need to metagame me pretty hard to do that. Remember Templars are better against Zerg than Collosus.
    Here are some pros and cons for Colossus vs High Templar(w/ storm)

Colossus:
    Pros: walk up cliffs, massive unit, decent AoE
    Cons: Cost, and time to create*

High Templar
    Pros: Feedback, Storm for good AoE, morphs into archon, Cost
    Con: Weak, Micro necessary attack.

Why cost is the big factor. Colossus take about 1min to make, while you can warp in High Templar at any pylon instantly.
    On top of that get colossus seems to me, kind of out of the way, it takes so much time and money to make them usefully that by the time you get them out your opponent has killed you by then. While on the other hand you have the High Templar, which for the most part is very easy for a Protoss player to get, for 1 main reason. Most Protoss player will have to get a Twilight council, at some point in the game. For most opponents when they see this they wont think about "your getting High templar, how do i counter this at the time being?", they will think your teching to either blink stalker, DT, Chargelots,+2 upgrades, or High templar(note i put them in order of most likely thought process)
    ˙ʎɹoןƃ sʇı uı ןıɐɟ sɹǝɥʇo ןןɐ ˙ǝʇısqǝʍ ʇsǝq ǝɥʇ sı ʞɹoʍʇǝu uɐן ǝɥʇ

The Summer League http://thelannetwork.com/forum/showt...-Summer-League

Jean-Claude LAN Damme

You need to charge high templars and they waste warps on other basic units such as stalkers. If you had a robo going you could get a bigger army out faster, plus the colossus have massive range with upgrade. you're just underestimating them
    LoL Summoner Name = Ant Keyyy HMU

Martian LANhunter

Astro Gaming
    Protoss is the best race in the world!! <3
    GO GREEN!!!!

GT: CHRIS CR33P | Twitter | Interview with Mr P
    Starcraft Character code: 352 : ChrisCreep : Diamond : Protoss/Zerg

LAN Helsing

Fantasy Camper
    Astro Gaming
    Quote Originally Posted by AntKeyyy View Post
    You need to charge high templars and they waste warps on other basic units such as stalkers. If you had a robo going you could get a bigger army out faster, plus the colossus have massive range with upgrade. you're just underestimating them
    yes, and no to this. Yes they waste available warp ins for other units, but due to the low cost of HT 50min 150gas, this allows you to build more Gate ways in the first place, for example most people that play with a general mix of units will tend to have 4 Gateways per base, but with my experience i can afford to have 6-7 Gates per Base, and not worry about it be coming a useless Gate way, due to the fact that if I choose to warp in HT i make Zealots(w/ charge). I feel that this type of play can deal with almost any basic match up, but maybe not PvP
    ˙ʎɹoןƃ sʇı uı ןıɐɟ sɹǝɥʇo ןןɐ ˙ǝʇısqǝʍ ʇsǝq ǝɥʇ sı ʞɹoʍʇǝu uɐן ǝɥʇ

The Summer League http://thelannetwork.com/forum/showt...-Summer-League

I now do only pretty much one build against terran (it works almost 98%) lmao its a 3 gate FE. It's a good build b/c if you scout that he is doing early aggression you can't just ad a second gas and instead of making the expand you can drop a robo and a robobay and get some immortal collsi coming to deal with it and make him either gg or back off so you can expand.
    Last edited by itwuzmagik; 01-10-2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: fixed cause of an EROEOREOEOROREOERO