Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jean-Claude LAN Damme

JtB League of Legends Strategy

Alright me and my teammate Half Saiyan have discovered a new style of gameplay to the 5v5 matchup in League of Legends. We've won every game with it and it's pretty amusing to watch. I just wanted to make a post about it so when people start doing it, we'll get all the credit for it.

Basically, you have three people soloing a lane (top, mid, bot) and a team of two running around just counter jungling, killing jungler, and setting up ganks for each lane. The point is to control the whole map basically, on both sides. In a basic game, the jungler starts at blue usually correct? Well to star the game, the duo pair would immediately go to enemy blue, ward it, and hide and wait. When the jungler starts killing it to about halfway, you just go in for the gank and the cleanup. Pretty simple right? Well then the pair just clears out the wolves and then runs around to the red and does the same plan. The jungler usually gets frustrated and starts to lane. This point you just do ganks as a pair and help the soloers level up extremely fast without being contested.

The strategy calls for very specific champs that are strong early game and have a CC to start off with. The solo-ers can be strong champs that are good for soloing in the respective lanes.

Like I said, we've won every game that we've done this with ease. However, this has only been done in normal queue 5v5s with randoms. I would stick with the basic strat in ranked matches ofc.

P.S. ~ I'm posting this because in case people start playing like this, we'll get all the credit. If you wanna see this in action just hit me up and we can get some games in!
    LoL Summoner Name = Ant Keyyy HMU

I <3 TLN

It's not really a new strategy. It's more a troll strategy called double jungling. It used to be viable before the jungle remake except now you can only use it for pub stomping with the right characters. There isn't enough jungle exp to make this viable anymore though so I think they did like some theory crafting and you have to both get a gank like every 2 minutes and get the kill to make this a worth while strat and to not fall off. It's why it's only used in pubs now and not higher levels of play.

GT: Antidote4Life
    SC2: Antidote.775
    LoL: Antidote4Life

http://twitter.com/#!/Antidote4Life

Sc2 & LoL Stream: http://justin.tv/antidote4life

LANimal

I was actually discussing trying to resurrect this strat with a buddy today, what champs do you recommend?

Edit: Just to note, I am always trying to mess with the meta game because I don't believe that there is only a few overall strats that are totally viable, and sometimes options aren't fully explored. Although usually these meta change strats don't work, some very interesting and viable options can be found. This week we discovered the power of a ganky jungling Heimerdinger.
    Last edited by Toomuchmooin; 01-05-2012 at 08:20 PM.

I <3 TLN

Quote Originally Posted by Toomuchmooin View Post
    I was actually discussing trying to resurrect this strat with a buddy today, what champs do you recommend?

Edit: Just to note, I am always trying to mess with the meta game because I don't believe that there is only a few overall strats that are totally viable, and sometimes options aren't fully explored. Although usually these meta change strats don't work, some very interesting and viable options can be found. This week we discovered the power of a ganky jungling Heimerdinger.
    Ali and blitz. Also jungling heim isn't rare at all, especially in pubs.

Jean-Claude LAN Damme

We've been doing Pantheon and Sion. I start off with the CC and then he gets his when he hits level 2. I recommend a little bit tanky champs that have some sort of CC.

Astro Gaming
    I have seen it done today, Total enemy team was. Taric, Blitz, Alistar, Cho & Karthus. Early game was a nightmare, Blitz and Alistar were roaming. However they got so little Xp we just out levelled them and won at 26 minute mark.

The strat is no where near as infallible as you say it is.

Jean-Claude LAN Damme

Everytime we've done it so far, it's worked. I just don't know what to say, maybe some people just can't do it.

I <3 TLN

Quote Originally Posted by AntKeyyy View Post
    Everytime we've done it so far, it's worked. I just don't know what to say, maybe some people just can't do it.
    If you do it against a team of people who know how to play the game you'll get shut down. You can pull it off if the other teams doesn't have a clue how to counter it, but once you play people who do then you won't win.

It's like saying you can send two stalkers into someone base in Sc2 and kill them. Which you can, unless the person knows how to build units.

It has a counter which 100% shuts it down. It's just a matter of if people do it or not.

Jean-Claude LAN Damme

Quote Originally Posted by Antidote View Post
    If you do it against a team of people who know how to play the game you'll get shut down.
    I'm pretty sure everyone we've played knows how to play the game. You're analogy is completely out of proportion to the strategy we've been doing. Like I said, we did this in normal queue, and wouldn't try this in ranked. It would prob work on most PUGs and some teams prolly, with the way we've been doing it. From the feedback I've been getting, the old two jungler meta-game is a little different from ours.

I <3 TLN

Quote Originally Posted by AntKeyyy View Post
    I'm pretty sure everyone we've played knows how to play the game. You're analogy is completely out of proportion to the strategy we've been doing. Like I said, we did this in normal queue, and wouldn't try this in ranked. It would prob work on most PUGs and some teams prolly, with the way we've been doing it. From the feedback I've been getting, the old two jungler meta-game is a little different from ours.
    What I'm saying, is that so long as people know how to play the game. Meaning they know the counter to a double jungle. They ease up, they don't over extend or push out at all and they don't play aggressive, unless you guys tower dive to take kills you'll fall off. You can't farm the jungle with two people, or even one person, after the remake without getting consistent ganks otherwise you fall off, you lose out on xp and gold.

I'm not knocking it, we've all done it. I'm just saying, it has an easy counter that always works IF they ENTIRE TEAM you're playing against can coordinate it. And if they do, then there isn't really anything you can do to win.

It's not just my opinion on it. It's been brought up by countless pros after the jungle remake and they all say the same thing and did the theory crafting themselves (I certainly didn't do it) to figure out how it would work. They figured out that at this point in LoL meta that it can be snowballed from early game to where the two jungling will slowly fall off and outside of laning phase become free gold. I mean unless you've played a game against an 1800+ team, an actual team. Then you probably haven't come across that situation in which you're being correctly countered.

The analogy was to say that even if you can win, and you haven't been countered before, doesn't mean it's not out there. And that in this case it's a simple counter such as "if your opponent has 2 stalkers and that's it, and you build 10, your gonna win if you do it correctly." That's what i mean by this, if you're double jungling, and you're opponent knows the counter and is skilled enough to execute it properly, you'll lose.

The skill gap in a game such as this is huge enough that even if the teams you're playing against know how to counter it, they probably aren't doing it correctly.