Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LANimal

Quote Originally Posted by chris_cr33p View Post
    All i hope is this is professional and not some bull shit like the halo council where nothing gets discussed its just a bunch of people yelling at each other
    The amount of content being produced relative to before the decline is outstanding. Content seems to be accessible almost always, similarly I share somewhat of your feeling towards TheHaloCouncil. However not every episode is boisterous and immature, and it does gather a relatively large viewing.

Some might say that not all publicity is good publicity, however before, there was a lack of any publicity at all. It may not be strictly speaking positive steps, but similarly in the prime of Halo there was always something controversial going on, I believe part of that drew in some viewers. Unfortunately we can't really afford to choose who those viewers are.

I <3 TLN

Quote Originally Posted by MrChaosTheory View Post
    The amount of content being produced relative to before the decline is outstanding. Content seems to be accessible almost always, similarly I share somewhat of your feeling towards TheHaloCouncil. However not every episode is boisterous and immature, and it does gather a relatively large viewing.

Some might say that not all publicity is good publicity, however before, there was a lack of any publicity at all. It may not be strictly speaking positive steps, but similarly in the prime of Halo there was always something controversial going on, I believe part of that drew in some viewers. Unfortunately we can't really afford to choose who those viewers are.
    Unfortunatly most of the Halo community enjoys the arguing and such. It draws attention because that's what part of the community wants. The Halo community is usually always arguing about something. THC just gives them a place to come together to do it and listen to people that have well known positions in the community argue about what the rest of the community yells at each other about.

However it is a start in producing content to attract viewers. It's not the most professional thing is the world no, but at least these guys know what the community wants as sad as it is.

GT: Antidote4Life
    SC2: Antidote.775
    LoL: Antidote4Life

http://twitter.com/#!/Antidote4Life

Sc2 & LoL Stream: http://justin.tv/antidote4life

LANimal

Quote Originally Posted by Antidote View Post
    Unfortunatly most of the Halo community enjoys the arguing and such. It draws attention because that's what part of the community wants. The Halo community is usually always arguing about something. THC just gives them a place to come together to do it and listen to people that have well known positions in the community argue about what the rest of the community yells at each other about.

However it is a start in producing content to attract viewers. It's not the most professional thing is the world no, but at least these guys know what the community wants as sad as it is.
    Think we are pretty much on the same wavelength.

clearly you guys have not watched the halo council. It is them saying how they need to revitalize the community 90% of the time on EVERY SINGLE EPISODE....

i dont have a back-up e-mail so i'll post my question here and hope it gets answered. "What kind of lans/how many teams can we expect to see from thelannetwork, and will interviews and such still be avaible without the burden of a money subscription?"
    Last edited by heuer89; 01-31-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by thatkid86 View Post
    clearly you guys have not watched the halo council. It is them saying how they need to revitalize the community 90% of the time on EVERY SINGLE EPISODE....
    This show isnt focused on revitalizing anything, since its not focused on a single aspect of e-sports. Its focused on e-sports as a whole.

Peon

Quality>Quantity. Our problem isn't that we don't have enough halo content, its really because we don't have enough quality content. If I was just introduced to the Halo franchise today, it would be really hard for me to get into it, but that's not the case for me because I've been playing Halo hardcore ever since H2.

OT: Looking forward to the TLN Live show and I can almost guarantee that I won't be disappointed.

Banned

I don't see why ToTz and Ninja need to be on the show.