Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new look.

Banned

A new look.

We have a new TLN owner. I personally don't like how the forum is set up. I think there could be a lot done to it.

- Different Sections

- Xbox
    - Gears of War
    - Free Agents
    - Customs
    - Scrims
    - General Discussion

- Call Of Duty
    - Free Agents
    - Customs
    - Scrims
    - General Discussion

- Halo Series
    - Free Agents
    - Customs
    - Forge
    - Scrims
    - General Discussion

- PS3

- Fighters
    - Mortal Kombat 9
    - Tekken
    - Marvel Vs Capcom
    - Street Fighter

- Fifa

- PC
    - Shooters
    - Counter Strike
    - Cross Fire

- Strategy
    - Starcraft 2

- MMORPG
    - Guild Wars 2
    - SW:TOR

- Wii
    -Brawl

- Remove Buy/Sell/Trade.
    - Open TLN to more eSports games.
    - Host online tournaments.
    - Host LANs more often than the old TLN did.
    - More community involvement.
    - Erase all the threads and start over.
    - Contests/Giveaways
    - A solid podcast that does shows every 3-5 days.
    - Just start over. The site is still full of old TLN stuff.
    - The forum has no formatting options. We can't make our threads look nice and organized. I just created this thread with tons of organization and it doesn't post the way I type it.
    - Do more than just Halo.

There are just too many console games and PC games, that could be played. Halo is dying, but we could just open our mind and arms to more games. Halo isn't the only game in the world. If this community is Halo only, it will never reach it's max potential.

I honestly just think we'll never reach our max potential. We can do so much.

Also, we need to reopen the mod applications and drop the old TLN. I just don't think that TLN should stick to it's old ways.
    Last edited by Kakarot; 02-01-2012 at 04:23 PM.

I <3 TLN

I think the mods we have are fine. They've done a good job so far so why change what doesn't need fixed? If you're going to have a separate Halo and CoD section, which seems a bit odd to me since both of those games have their own places to go, you might as well have a Gears section. Even though they also have their own place to go.

You also the way your suggesting it might as well make every different game the same size, no sense in discriminating.

There are formatting options within the post, you just have to be able to work them.

If you did a solid podcast every 3-5 days that seems a bit too much as it would be the most anyone ever does a consistent podcast pretty much. Especially since there isn't that much going on you would 1) Run out of ideas 2) Quickly fade away with lack of interest.

If you try to host too many tournaments then your revenue would be thrown off. You have to be able to afford to host the tournaments, not just be able to organize them.

The community involvement part isn't really anyones fault. All the big name games have their own communities to go to. So there isn't much of a point for them to spend too much time here, if any at all really.

TLN is open to other games from what we've seen in the past. Just there isn't any draw to TLN from the other games standpoints.

There also isn't any point to deleting the old threads. It's helpful for people to go back and read what's already been discussed instead of taking the time to ask the same question and potentially get flamed for asking something that's probably been answered 3-4 times.

GT: Antidote4Life
    SC2: Antidote.775
    LoL: Antidote4Life

http://twitter.com/#!/Antidote4Life

Sc2 & LoL Stream: http://justin.tv/antidote4life

I don't want to see TLN with a bunch of useless game forums. If you want to discuss other games then have a general gaming section but Fifa doesn't need its own section. If you wanna organize more around MLG and other big gaming circuits fine but keep it simple and organized.

GT: X F0RBIDD3N1 X

Banned

How come I don't have a formatting bar?

Crawler

We are working on re-organizing the forums. Have to do it offline so we can push it all live at once. Be patient. Althought, I do feel like the OP's suggestions make it look like GB, which we are not.

My thoughts can be we have sections like

EDIT1:
    -XBOX360
    - Halo: Reach
    - Call of Duty: (Whichever version)
    - Gears of War 3

-PS3
    - Some concept

-PC
    - Starcraft II

And so one. Keep the front looking clean and use sub forums. However I will not make the forums like GB or MLG which its filled with scrims sections and FA sections and what not..

EDIT2: I have a full formatting bar when I'm creating posts and threads... Idk what you have.

Also feel free to email me if you have have problems or questions.

TLN Staff
    Email: Tyler@thelannetwork.com
    Twitter: MLGHammertime
    Last edited by MLGHammertime; 02-02-2012 at 12:57 PM.

LANimal

Its nice to hear both viewpoints and then what is happening to TLN. I like the simple organization that the forums have now. If the community grows enough in the future and we need more organization then we can add it. I do not see a point on completely wiping out all of the threads. Yes this is a new TLN and its nice to get a fresh start feeling, but removing the whole site to do this isn't the ideal solution.

What I would like to see is a bit of visual difference from what the site use to be and what it is now. I know that the site is up just as a placeholder right now until everything is back online, but a new look would help with the fresh start. I am sure the staff has been working on improvements all over the site and we have yet to see them. I look forward to this site back up to 100% and growing into the community it deserves

NeighborFan BravoFan

Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by WiFFXI View Post
    Its nice to hear both viewpoints and then what is happening to TLN. I like the simple organization that the forums have now. If the community grows enough in the future and we need more organization then we can add it. I do not see a point on completely wiping out all of the threads. Yes this is a new TLN and its nice to get a fresh start feeling, but removing the whole site to do this isn't the ideal solution.

What I would like to see is a bit of visual difference from what the site use to be and what it is now. I know that the site is up just as a placeholder right now until everything is back online, but a new look would help with the fresh start. I am sure the staff has been working on improvements all over the site and we have yet to see them. I look forward to this site back up to 100% and growing into the community it deserves
    What kind of visual difference do you have in mind?

Also, in no way are we going to wipe the forums. The content that is already here is going to stay. Its part of TLN.

Email: MLGHammertime@gmail.com
    If you have a question or a problem, please don't hesitate to contact me through email or on AIM.

I <3 TLN

Honestly the only thing I would like is to keep up to date with what bugs and errors are happening for everyone and fixing them in a timely manner. I know they all can't be fixed as soon as everyone expects but it's a huge let down when people do come to these forums for once and then have issues with the bugs and errors. Makes them go back to their games respective and well working website.

Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by Antidote View Post
    Honestly the only thing I would like is to keep up to date with what bugs and errors are happening for everyone and fixing them in a timely manner. I know they all can't be fixed as soon as everyone expects but it's a huge let down when people do come to these forums for once and then have issues with the bugs and errors. Makes them go back to their games respective and well working website.
    By all means if anyone emails me about a bug or an error I will get it fixed as soon as possible.

Email: MLGHammertime@gmail.com
    If you have a question or a problem, please don't hesitate to contact me through email or on AIM.

I <3 TLN

Quote Originally Posted by canadian.gym View Post
    This Kakarot guy has got to be trolling..........
    $10 says it's killboy