Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sir LANs-a-lot

The Ultimate Sports Thread

Ok, I know some of you people in TLN have to love to talk about sports or debate sports Skip Bayless style. Sports is a big part of my every day life and there is no doubt that my life can revolve around it at times.

So what I want to do is make a thread that is dedicated to sports talk and even get some good healthy debate going on hot topics that are going on at or even some topics that should be talked about but really aren't.

I would also like to add in that my favorite teams are The Ohio State Buckeyes, and the Philadelphia Eagles. NBA I root for the Celtics mainly because Ray Allen is my favorite basketball player.

So with all of that out of the way why not make the first debate on here the hottest talked about player right now, Jeremy Lin. Do you guys think he is the real deal or is he just a product of a hot streak?

I think think the game tonight will tell a lot about if Lin is for real or not. But I have to say there are people who take advantage of their opportunities. Tom Brady got a start because of an injury. only time will tell however.

GT: X F0RBIDD3N1 X

Sir LANs-a-lot

Quote Originally Posted by Forbidd3n View Post
    I think think the game tonight will tell a lot about if Lin is for real or not. But I have to say there are people who take advantage of their opportunities. Tom Brady got a start because of an injury. only time will tell however.
    It is really tough for me to tell if Lin is the real deal or not or if the media and the people are living in the moment of him being hot. Very similar to the Tim Tebow case which if I had to argue was a media creation. Tim Tebow is an average QB. I think Jeremy Lin is better in his relative sport though.

The thing for Lin is that he will go up against Chalmers tonight which right now Lin is better than so he should be able to play well tonight.

One thing for sure is that NY found their guy to fill the biggest void in that lineup which they needed to save their season.

Yea but if Lin goes by Chalmers then LeBron will guard him. And that could be tough. Lin is the right fit for the system in NY. Tebow was all public pressure to let him play. Lin fought for his chance and took advantage so even if it doesnt work in the long run to me Lin's hype is more based on performance.

GT: X F0RBIDD3N1 X

Administrator

High Score
    Astro Gaming
    Admin
    Lin is cool because his first name is Jeremy. And because he's Asian. And got into the NBA from Harvard of all places.

How about that 36 point 4th quarter, 13 point deficit comeback buzzer beater by the Twolves? Bench showing they can get it done when it comes down to the wire. Kevin Love's 30th double/double in 32 games played and they have as many wins in 34 games now as they did in 82 all of last year.

Lehgo
    Forum Administrator | Online Tournament Manager

Have any questions about the site? Feel free to contact me via [B][U][URL="http://thelannetwork.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=467"]PM[/URL][/U][/B] | [B][U][URL="http://twitter.com/HisforHOYR"]Twitter[/URL][/U][/B] | [B][U][email="jh@thelannetwork.com"]Email[/email][/U][/B]

[B][U][URL="http://thelannetwork.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?16"]Feedback? Suggestions?[/URL][/U][/B] | [B][U][URL="http://thelannetwork.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?17"]Find a problem with the site?[/URL][/U][/B].

If he's consistent throughout the season, and begins to minimize his turnovers, then we've got something. Until then I'm just enjoying the ride. lol
    GT: Flishy Flash

Hit me up to Run MM

Psalm 144

Astro Gaming

This is the only Sport outside of eSports that i can sit down and watch. Football is Boring, Rugby is alright, Cricket is alright. Paintball is amazing and everyone should follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian.gym View Post
    Manchester City Football Club.
    Gym, i don't suppose you are a member of the Ohio Manchester United fanclub? If you are, would you mind giving us a lovely demonstration of that fansong of yours?
    Last edited by Araneatrox; 02-23-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Martian LANhunter

Astro Gaming
    Green Bay Packers, Roll Tide Roll thats about it
    GO GREEN!!!!

GT: CHRIS CR33P | Twitter | Interview with Mr P
    Starcraft Character code: 352 : ChrisCreep : Diamond : Protoss/Zerg

LANimal

LINSANITY!! And watching paintball is awesome. Playing it competitively is even better

NeighborFan BravoFan

Sir LANs-a-lot

Well Lin for the most part got shut down all night. Miami's great defense really exposed Lins turnover issue. He really needs to work on that problem for sure.

Aran, I have never really gotten into paintball before but I have some friends who are big into it. I would talk more about it if I knew more

Same for soccer / football, I have never gotten into it. It is really hard for me to figure out what's going on when they play unlike the NFL and NBA I can see why they run certain plays etc. Maybe it is the same way for Soccer/Football IDK