Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:

Hi, I'm an old new old guy

Hello TLN Community!

My name is Caleb. I'm from Seattle, WA but doing Grad school in Chicago right now. I'm an avid halo player/spectator and I've been following competitive halo since 2004. I've used a number of gamertags over the years (xDIREAVENGERx, Dr3zz, Caliber, etc.). I'm not a particularly talented player, but I love watching competitive halo and playing with competitive people who love the game. I'm trying to get re-connected with this community because I haven't been active in the Halo crowd since mid-2009 and the last MLG event I attended was in Seattle in 2004 (anybody remember "The Downpour"?), but I've been to a few smaller LANs both in Seattle and Chicago.

Anyways, glad to say hi. I'm excited to see where Halo is going, especially now that we are really accepting a much-needed independence from MLG and taking ownership of our game.

p.s.- if anyone is planning to go to Cbus from Chicago and has an extra seat in their car, hit me up. I'd love to go and I will pay for my portion of gas and other expenses.

Martian LANhunter

Astro Gaming
    Welcome to a great community!! We want this place to be a frienly environment that MLG Halo lovers can gather and talk and have fun! I hope you like it here!
    GO GREEN!!!!

GT: CHRIS CR33P | Twitter | Interview with Mr P
    Starcraft Character code: 352 : ChrisCreep : Diamond : Protoss/Zerg

LANce Armstrong

Welcome to TLN and like creep said we want this place to be a friendly environment like it's always been! hope you enjoy your stay!

Super SaiyLAN

MLG Ref
    AotM
    Welcome to the community.

LANdalf The Grey

welcome to theLanNetwork man!
    Check out GamingJerseys.com
    Done playing Halo Reach competitively, but will remain on this website! Hit me up on xbox live! My gamertag is "vs Tension"! Feel free to add me and we'll play some CLASSIC Playlist

LANimal

Original
    Astro Gaming
    We're leaving from Iowa to Cbus, I'll try and figure out if we can possibly make room. I'll get back to you on that, no guarantees.

Elamite is a Beast

"A 4v4 game comes down to how you move around the map, help your teammates, spawn your teammates, block the enemie's spawns, decisions on objective plays and much more."

"I am a fan of quality over quantity practice and our team would only have a handful of quality practices in between each event." - Elamite

Elamite Warrior Fan
    Favorite Teams: Warriors and Impact
    Top 5 Favorite Pros 1.Elamite Warrior 2.Neighbor 3.ACE 4.Strongside 5.Tsquared/Legit

GT:xl Fir3 lx

Thanks anyway Fir3. Let me know if you do have room. It's possible I might not be able to go anyway. All the hotels within walking distance (1 mile or so) of the venue are sold out, so I'm still trying to find a place to sleep. Let me know if you have space and I will let you know if I've been able to find lodging. Thanks again man.