Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
    Administrator

High Score
    Astro Gaming
    Admin

More Fighting Games Announced

MLG announced today that in addition to Mortal Kombat 9, Columbus will also be host to Soul Caliber V and King of Fighters XIII.

Quote Originally Posted by MLG
    Soul Caliber V, King of Fighters XIII and Mortal Kombat 9 on PS3 at MLG Winter Championships Columbus. $16,700 in prizes for each
    -----
    More info will be available and passes will go on sale for all fighting games early next week.
    Discuss.
    Last edited by heuer89; 03-02-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    Forum Administrator | Online Tournament Manager

Have any questions about the site? Feel free to contact me via [B][U][URL="http://thelannetwork.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=467"]PM[/URL][/U][/B] | [B][U][URL="http://twitter.com/HisforHOYR"]Twitter[/URL][/U][/B] | [B][U][email="jh@thelannetwork.com"]Email[/email][/U][/B]

[B][U][URL="http://thelannetwork.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?16"]Feedback? Suggestions?[/URL][/U][/B] | [B][U][URL="http://thelannetwork.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?17"]Find a problem with the site?[/URL][/U][/B].

LANce Armstrong

Dang Heuer, you beat me to it. What, do you live on twitter?

Anyway, I'm pumped. I REALLY wish I could go to Columbus right now!!

Photobucket
    AotM
    Wow, everyone was guessing one or the other, Im very surprised to see both. I cant believe MLG is going to commit to 3 fighting games. Hopefully they will let people compete in more than one tournament, I know in the past that wasn't possible but with fighting games I feel it is a necessity.
    twitter: @dillonmcgaughey

PM me for custom Graphic Design work, Twitch/Twitter Layouts, Astro Tag Designs ect.

Certified Lurk

AotM
    Astro Gaming
    im stoked to see this i mean the FGC is happy that some titles are becoming "eSports" and i soon hope that the stupid beef with Capcom can be squashed and we can Bring the SF series and MvC over. i mean it will BLOW the scene up! also KoF and SCV are GREAT fighting games and with MK9 i really feel that MLG can break into the FGC. i know Gweedo is happy lol.
    November "AotM" Winner
    "Winner of the MVP Forum Award!"
    "Twitch Stream: www.Twitch.tv/HavkinKnight"
    AD Carry LF Team

"Sic Parvis Magna"

Team TLN: HavkinKnight (LoL/Halo 4/Injustice) Gweedo888 (Injustice)
    Str8 Rippinfan for life!!

Sir LANs-a-lot

Original
    i havent done a fight game for awhile might need to get back to it thanks for the info

Certified Lurk

AotM
    Astro Gaming
    Quote Originally Posted by DYNASTYBLUE2 View Post
    i havent done a fight game for awhile might need to get back to it thanks for the info
    a little off Topic but if you dig Fighting games me and Gweedo are Huge into the scene so hit us up and we can chat Fighting games all the time bro! me and him have really started to make names for our selves in the FGC add us both on XBL Havk1nKn1ght and Gweedo888 also if your looking to get back into Fighting Games then i would say get Street Fighter X Tekken it comes out 3/6 (tue) and its pretty much the Hypest thing right now its more than likely going to be what Phases out SSF4AE2012
    November "AotM" Winner
    "Winner of the MVP Forum Award!"
    "Twitch Stream: www.Twitch.tv/HavkinKnight"
    AD Carry LF Team

"Sic Parvis Magna"

Team TLN: HavkinKnight (LoL/Halo 4/Injustice) Gweedo888 (Injustice)
    Str8 Rippinfan for life!!

Martian LANhunter

Astro Gaming
    WEWTWEWTWEWTT fighting games are the shiiiiit
    GO GREEN!!!!

GT: CHRIS CR33P | Twitter | Interview with Mr P
    Starcraft Character code: 352 : ChrisCreep : Diamond : Protoss/Zerg

Jean-Claude LAN Damme

The fact that MLG got three fighting games is awesome not to suprised SCV got picked up cause they have a good relationship with nacom bandi but MK is a good thing helps the scene and will deff get a rebirth going...how ever im more worried if mlg can handle the hype you can bring with these games the fgc isn't known for holding back anythign
    GT: XBL Gweedo888 PS3:xxGweedo888xx

Convo with me and my 3 year old daughter (possibly a future shout caster lol):
    Her Daddy, are you Red? Me Yes Ruthie, Daddy is Red team this time...
    Her Daddy, you're getting shot at! Me Yes Ruthie, Daddy knows ...
    Her Ooh no!! Daddy you died, Me Ruthie!!! hush!!
    Her Daddy, its okay your all better now (I re-spawned)

LANce Armstrong

Why wouldn't MLG be able to handle it? They've hosted fighting games before, and they know that the FGC is loud and crazy. They're not really any more loud and crazy then the SC2 crowds.