Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Martian LANhunter

Astro Gaming

Halo will not be at Anaheim :(

If I am the first person to tell you that Halo will not be at Anaheim, I'm sorry. This is a very sad day, first time that an MLG event will not have Halo.
    I cannot say that i am surprised and can't believe it, I think a lot of people knew that this would happen. Yes we kicked ass in Columbus, and that is why we should stay optimistic and push our community even stronger than before! I know that TLN will be up to something tournament wise, but on that note, stay positive and keep pushing the community forward! WE WILL BE BACK 100%
    GO GREEN!!!!

GT: CHRIS CR33P | Twitter | Interview with Mr P
    Starcraft Character code: 352 : ChrisCreep : Diamond : Protoss/Zerg

LAN Helsing

Astro Gaming
    Sad, but agreed. The community needs to stay strong and not blow up. Ive said it many times before the community needs to grow up. I think this will be a big test for that
    Chill Streak
    LuNxTiC, l hauger l, CA YNOT BE FIVIN, COMPR3MIZED

Astro Gaming
    Can you say that is was not expected? the Halo viewership has been declining greatly since reach was released. But with H4 around the corner there is still hope for you folks yet.

I have not played Halo for over a year now and i love that MLG is moving to greener pastures in the PC Market.

LAN Helsing

Even with viewership being down and reach not having as strong of a fan base as previous halo games, i would have thought MLG would have played reach out until halo 4. Halo has been the flagship game for mlg for years and the way i see it now, this is a vacation away from halo for a bit. Almost like having a long off-season before halo 4. I dont agree with them jumping away from reach just because of a selection on new games and halo 4 being around the corner. It leaves alot of gamers caught in a "greyzone" for mlg, but it also gives a new place to flourish for halo.

There is not a doubt in my mind that TLN has stepped up to be this place. All the older halo games may be considered dead to mlg once a new one comes out but there are alot of fans that dont think that way. The idea of tournaments for older halo games sounds like fun to me and i cant be alone on that thought. There is alot of uncertainty on the turnover of fans but i believe it is our job to spread the word of tlns plans for it.

just my opinion but i know others share it too

Gamertag: Omg its Dibs
    One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain

LANce Armstrong

Wheels are turning. That is all.

LAN Helsing

^^this guy gives me butterflys

Gamertag: Omg its Dibs
    One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain

Super SaiyLAN

MLG Ref
    AotM
    'Tis a sad day indeed.

Looks like I'll be reffing Starcraft or the fighting games. Probably whichever one Killa KC is the tournament director for.

LANdalf The Grey

im glad i didnt book my ticket.
    Check out GamingJerseys.com
    Done playing Halo Reach competitively, but will remain on this website! Hit me up on xbox live! My gamertag is "vs Tension"! Feel free to add me and we'll play some CLASSIC Playlist

Peon

i think this could be both a good and a bad thing for halo. Yes, halo has been a part of MLG for a while... to the point where it seems that a number of the fans got apathetic about watching it because "MLG was born out of Halo, they won't get rid of it". This is the ultimate challenge for MLG and halo fans. They are showing everyone that they will not coddle a community just because it has been on the circuit for a while. They are telling us that Halo will be back with Halo 4, and that we the community will have to get ourselves together and watch or play the game if we want it to stay. So heres how it could be good. Good because we know exactly what we have to do to keep Halo on the pro circuit. Bad though because a lot of "fans" are now just stopping the support, and with less support there is no way for the game to come back.

I know the spring season stuff is bull, but we need to support it. Because if we cant support even that, then how can MLG feel confident supporting Halo at all? just my thoughts.

Martian LANhunter

Astro Gaming
    Yeah i knew it wasnt going to be there, i actually didnt want it to be there. We would go from a kick ass crowd to a puny crappy crowd of 100 people in the whole area...
    GO GREEN!!!!

GT: CHRIS CR33P | Twitter | Interview with Mr P
    Starcraft Character code: 352 : ChrisCreep : Diamond : Protoss/Zerg