Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Call to Arms

Quote Originally Posted by HavkinKnight View Post
    i say we talk to Rick and see what we can do. we really can turn TLN into a multi game Lan center/Toureny event. go back to PvJ, invite 32 Fighting game players and run a Multi Game Ladder bracket kinda thing. Have TLN make teams and play in a ladder and the top 8 go out to TLN there is alot of options we have here we just gotta flush them out but i really wanna prove to Rick that TLN was not a bad investment.
    This is also a fantastic idea... but the whole point is that we need to stop thinking in monopoly-esque ways that Halo needs a place to call "home"
    TWITTER // Twitch.TV // www.theitdungeon.com

GT: Digital Deity

I <3 TLN

i say we talk to Rick and see what we can do. we really can turn TLN into a multi game Lan center/Toureny event. go back to PvJ, invite 32 Fighting game players and run a Multi Game Ladder bracket kinda thing. Have TLN make teams and play in a ladder and the top 8 go out to TLN there is alot of options we have here we just gotta flush them out but i really wanna prove to Rick that TLN was not a bad investment.
    It's not been the community that's been the problem with this site, both now and in the past. It's been the staff. Nothing is ever done on this site. Nothing has been done in a really really long time.

GT: Antidote4Life
    SC2: Antidote.775
    LoL: Antidote4Life

http://twitter.com/#!/Antidote4Life

Sc2 & LoL Stream: http://justin.tv/antidote4life

Certified Lurk

AotM
    Astro Gaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Antidote View Post
    It's not been the community that's been the problem with this site, both now and in the past. It's been the staff. Nothing is ever done on this site. Nothing has been done in a really really long time.
    Then someone get me in contact with Rick and ill get a kickstart on this we need to clean house (no offence to anyone) and get an Active staff! Dude Anti both of us have the ability to stream and we are both loud active members we need to start getting matches idc if its SC2 LoL Halo or Fighting games and we need to commentary on them or break them down or something. we need to get in contact with D_Mo and get some front page over haul going and ill call Small and see whats up but we cant blame the Site we dont try and fix it our selves! if Rick sees there is a desire to work on this then lets give him a staff willing to update and work on the site! im serious cuz if we dont fix this issue TLN will go away again and this time it could be for good... (altho we thought last time was for good) but FOR good For Good! so TLNC Lets get to it!
    November "AotM" Winner
    "Winner of the MVP Forum Award!"
    "Twitch Stream: www.Twitch.tv/HavkinKnight"
    AD Carry LF Team

"Sic Parvis Magna"

Team TLN: HavkinKnight (LoL/Halo 4/Injustice) Gweedo888 (Injustice)
    Str8 Rippinfan for life!!

Then someone get me in contact with Rick and ill get a kickstart on this we need to clean house (no offence to anyone) and get an Active staff! Dude Anti both of us have the ability to stream and we are both loud active members we need to start getting matches idc if its SC2 LoL Halo or Fighting games and we need to commentary on them or break them down or something. we need to get in contact with D_Mo and get some front page over haul going and ill call Small and see whats up but we cant blame the Site we dont try and fix it our selves! if Rick sees there is a desire to work on this then lets give him a staff willing to update and work on the site! im serious cuz if we dont fix this issue TLN will go away again and this time it could be for good... (altho we thought last time was for good) but FOR good For Good! so TLNC Lets get to it!
    It's too bad that everyone in the community isn't as fired up about this as you are. It's good to see that at least SOME people are trying. Honestly, I wish I could do more but my plate is full enough as it is. I do stream a pretty good bit, and I make posts like this to try to reignite the fire that we had burning just a few months ago that seemed to be quickly extinguished with one announcement by MLG.

Anyway, lets try to stay a bit more on-topic, mmkay?

We all need to support the other events and leagues (whether global, local, online, or whatever) just as much as we supported MLG and TLN when they first began.

I <3 TLN

I'd be okay to help if someone comes up with stuff. However, like most people TLN really hasn't been my main source for anything except Halo. Which really wasn't ever in the spotlight for eSports. So now that it's even off MLG there really isn't anywhere to go for Halo info, or really any reason to go. I've got other sites such as TL, joinDOTA, playdota and then other team sites. TLN would be hard to compete with these sites even if they went with multiple game titles. There are even multigame news sites that are cover games now that are getting bigger. TLN really just doesn't have any room to compete anymore.

Unless of course the people running this site come up with something new and interesting.

I'd be okay to help if someone comes up with stuff. However, like most people TLN really hasn't been my main source for anything except Halo. Which really wasn't ever in the spotlight for eSports. So now that it's even off MLG there really isn't anywhere to go for Halo info, or really any reason to go. I've got other sites such as TL, joinDOTA, playdota and then other team sites. TLN would be hard to compete with these sites even if they went with multiple game titles. There are even multigame news sites that are cover games now that are getting bigger. TLN really just doesn't have any room to compete anymore.

Unless of course the people running this site come up with something new and interesting.
    ^^ This is the reason we need to support other leagues and tournaments... Why does the entire competitive Halo community have to revolve around what MLG says or does, when it should revolve around COMPETITIVE HALO regardless of the origins...

I just don't get it...

I <3 TLN

Quote Originally Posted by phreekopath View Post
    ^^ This is the reason we need to support other leagues and tournaments... Why does the entire competitive Halo community have to revolve around what MLG says or does, when it should revolve around COMPETITIVE HALO regardless of the origins...

I just don't get it...
    Because MLG is the only thing Halo has really been known on. Besides that is just really really really grassroot communities no one has heard of. Halo is now underground. There is no well known organization that still supports it.

Because MLG is the only thing Halo has really been known on. Besides that is just really really really grassroot communities no one has heard of. Halo is now underground. There is no well known organization that still supports it.
    That's kind of the whole point of this thread... we need to support those grassroot communtities... TLN was grassroots at one point, and it's intent was never to take away from MLG at all. Hell, even Team Liquid was grassroots, and the community supported and grew it into what it is today. There's no reason that any of the aforementioned leagues couldn't become just as vital to Halo's future if the community puts in the time and effort.

The MLG monopoly on Halo's competitive community has left us stranded with nowhere to go. I predicted this months ago, if MLG drops Halo (which it has) and the community refuses to adopt newcomers to take their place (which it is), Halo will roll over and die (which it will)
    Last edited by phreekopath; 05-09-2012 at 05:42 PM.

I <3 TLN

Quote Originally Posted by phreekopath View Post
    That's kind of the whole point of this thread... we need to support those grassroot communtities... TLN was grassroots at one point, and it's intent was never to take away from MLG at all. Hell, even Team Liquid was grassroots, and the community supported and grew it into what it is today. There's no reason that any of the aforementioned leagues couldn't become just as vital to Halo's future if the community puts in the time and effort.

The MLG monopoly on Halo's competitive community has left us stranded with nowhere to go. I predicted this months ago, if MLG drops Halo (which it has) and the community refuses to adopt newcomers to take their place (which it is), Halo will roll over and die (which it will)

I know. That's why no one really respects the community. It probably will die. Which is okay I guess. I mean I just follow it to keep up with what's going on. To me it makes no difference. The Halo community does need to support itself if it wants to live because no one else cares enough to support it. That's fine.

Just don't talk it the wrong way when I say, if a community can't support itself then why should anyone else support it? If it can't support itself then why does it deserve a place in the spotlight? It doesn't imo but that doesn't mean the people who don't like it shouldn't support it.

Nah anti, not trying to argue with you... but you're right, if a community can't support it self, then it's not really a community. Just trying to make everyone realize that there are other opportunities out there and we need to take a chance.

Also, the fact that we alienated the "noobs" for many years while in the meantime we were mostly outgrowing the game ourselves and leaving no player lineage doesn't really help much either, but that's another topic for another day.

Good talk, good talk...