Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:

Thread: I had a dream

Banned

I had a dream

so ya minus the dream of me being with my girl forever(vegas girls, gotta love them) I had a dream of getting a house. setting up a server with in it then renting it out... who will rent a house that has a server on it. where you can load shit to a fileshare. share music. has movies on it. it just plain out awesome. well ya. im a computer guy for the army. so thats why i had this dream...

LANce Armstrong

Please use complete sentences. I think I understand what you're saying, but I'm never sure. XP

Banned

sorry bro, i gotta live up to the name of wierdo

Martian LANhunter

Astro Gaming
    yeah i dont really catch your drift on this one. Its kinda like it was made by a WEIRDO
    GO GREEN!!!!

GT: CHRIS CR33P | Twitter | Interview with Mr P
    Starcraft Character code: 352 : ChrisCreep : Diamond : Protoss/Zerg

Certified Lurk

AotM
    Astro Gaming
    i dont wanna follow the trend here bro cuz then people will think im a WEIRDO
    November "AotM" Winner
    "Winner of the MVP Forum Award!"
    "Twitch Stream: www.Twitch.tv/HavkinKnight"
    AD Carry LF Team

"Sic Parvis Magna"

Team TLN: HavkinKnight (LoL/Halo 4/Injustice) Gweedo888 (Injustice)
    Str8 Rippinfan for life!!

LAN Helsing

So it would be like a hub and everyone could share stuff right?

Gamertag: Omg its Dibs
    One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain

LANce Armstrong

I think what he's getting at is he would put a server in a house, and rent the whole house. This seems like an unnecessary amenity however, since anyone who had the wherewithal to run the server, could set up their own just as easy using a desktop computer. I mean, it's not like you would need a whole lot of network storage for a home network.

I think the biggest issue with the idea is that technology is moving away from on-site storage for home networks, and toward more cloud-based storage options.

LAN Helsing

Quote Originally Posted by forefront View Post
    I think what he's getting at is he would put a server in a house, and rent the whole house. This seems like an unnecessary amenity however, since anyone who had the wherewithal to run the server, could set up their own just as easy using a desktop computer. I mean, it's not like you would need a whole lot of network storage for a home network.

I think the biggest issue with the idea is that technology is moving away from on-site storage for home networks, and toward more cloud-based storage options.
    I got it now, I think 50% of the people would rent out the house and not even use the server. maybe you could find like a web designer or photographer who could use it for web based things

Gamertag: Omg its Dibs
    One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain