Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Photobucket

Content Team Application

Note: Please keep all of the applications in this thread! I will not be addressing any applications sent to me in private messages or emails. I need you to post your application to this thread! Thank you.

What's up TLN members! I am so excited to be back and I hope that you share the same spark of enthusiasm. I have been getting flooded with messages from many of you trying to get involved. We appreciate each and every one of you that has shown signs of true passion and determination while trying to get involved with this renewed journey.

If you have been around for awhile, you may remember an article from Celph that went something like this:

"Here at the LAN Network, we strive to deliver the most current and up to date content possible. That being said, we also believe in the power of numbers. We are looking for experienced and motivated writers who can produce content on a daily basis relevant to the gaming industry. It’s safe to assume that we’re all here because of our passion for gaming. As a “Content Creator” you would be encouraged to keep your finger on the pulse of not only competitive gaming, but gaming as a whole. This can range from a personal game review to an in-depth analysis of the business side of gaming. We want writers to create content that reflects whom they are as individuals in order to deliver a diverse blend of comprehensive material for our community. This is a unique opportunity to get involved in a flourishing, prosperous community."

Weeks later, this has become more relevant than ever. With the revival of TLN, I am dedicating much of my time to managing the content of this website. Having said that, I am looking to you all for help. Many of you have come to me looking to help contribute to The LAN Network and I am pleased to announce that this is your chance. We would love to see what content you are capable of creating and we welcome anyone and everyone who shares our desire to produce high quality material.

We ask that you fill out this brief application and post it as a response to this thread.

Name:
    Alias:
    Email:
    How often are you able to produce new content?
    What topics would you prefer to write about?
    Are you interested in becoming a major content producer or would you like to make only minor contributions?

This will allow me to best keep track of everybody and ensure that no one gets left behind. Upon completeing this brief application, you may begin writing for the website. For beginning writers, you will have the opportunity to showcase your work under the "User Submitted" category. Once we feel that you are ready to step up and join the team, we will invite you to become an official TLN Content Team member.

You may be thinking to yourself, "I would love to get involved as a writer. Where do I begin?" This is easier than ever. I am making myself very easily accessible to you via Twitter, E-mail, AIM, and Skype. Simply post your information on the thread and begin writing. Once you feel that you have written a quality article, please send in to my email and contact me so that we can discuss your work. Once we have reviewed your article, I will post it for you. At this point, you will be in great shape and on your way to earning a position on the Content Team.

I encourage each of you to get involved and join us as we work hard to continue to enhance what is already a phenomenal gathering of gamers. Despite all of the new changes and improvements that we will undergo in the upcoming future, I want to extend a huge thanks to the entire Pennacchio family for everything they have done to make this what it is. I believe I speak for everyone when I say we love you with all of our hearts and you will always be remembered for the amazing contributions you made to the gaming world. Things would not be the same without you and, for that, we are forever greatful.

Here is my contact information:

Follow me on Twitter: @MLGSmall
    Email me at: E@small.fm
    AIM: MLGCoachSmall

Note: Please keep all of the applications in this thread! I will not be addressing any applications sent to me in private messages or emails. I need you to post your application to this thread! Thank you.
    Last edited by Small; 02-07-2012 at 07:59 PM.

Martian LANhunter

Astro Gaming
    I will do anything to join it and help this community to be the best it can be.
    GO GREEN!!!!

GT: CHRIS CR33P | Twitter | Interview with Mr P
    Starcraft Character code: 352 : ChrisCreep : Diamond : Protoss/Zerg

Banned

Name: Timothy Willis
    Alias: Two Sh0t x
    Email: jedixtw@yahoo.com
    Do you have any past experience? Yes. I used to write for my high school paper.
    How often are you able to produce new content? 3-4 times a week more if needed.
    What topics would you prefer to write about? MLG, Halo, The Halo Council, Gaming in general, technology, game reviews, gear reviews, Fighting games, SC2, Gears, CoD, and eSports in general.
    Are you interested in becoming a major content producer or would you like to make only minor contributions? Either or. I wouldn't mind major, but I could take minor.
    Last edited by Kakarot; 02-03-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Crawler

Response

Name: Mitch Fernholz
    Alias: KKismet or Toasty
    Email: fern_dog2@live.com
    Do you have any past experience? Yes, I write little articles/updates on mlgwiki.com
    How often are you able to produce new content? Whenever new content is needed
    What topics would you prefer to write about? Halo mostly but gaming in general.
    Are you interested in becoming a major content producer or would you like to make only minor contributions?
    I'd be interested in either.
    <3 KV

Martian LANhunter

Astro Gaming
    Name:Chris Crase
    Alias:Chris_Cr33p
    Email:Crasechris@yahoo.com
    Do you have any past experience? I interviewed Mr. P (which you can listen to in my sig)
    How often are you able to produce new content? Whenever it is needed or whenever i feel it is right.
    What topics would you prefer to write about? All Esports. I love all games. I play every game on the pro circuit regularly.
    Major or Minor which ever i am needed for
    GO GREEN!!!!

GT: CHRIS CR33P | Twitter | Interview with Mr P
    Starcraft Character code: 352 : ChrisCreep : Diamond : Protoss/Zerg

Name: Joey Gargaro
    Alias: Twin SavioR
    Email: joeygargaro@gmail.com
    Do you have any past experience? Little but i have great insight in the Halo Community.
    How often are you able to produce new content? Probably every other day if needed.
    What topics would you prefer to write about? Anything involving Halo
    Are you interested in becoming a major content producer or would you like to make only minor contributions? Major or minor doesnt really matter

Name: David
    Alias: Apollo
    Email:davidbahle@gmail.com
    Do you have any past experience? Was the Senior Editor(and basicly ran) MLGinsider and ProGamingInsider
    How often are you able to produce new content? As often as needed(also as time allows, i do have a life hahahaha)
    What topics would you prefer to write about? Halo, StarCraft, Gear Reviews, Interviews, Event Coverage..I have experience with it all.
    Are you interested in becoming a major content producer or would you like to make only minor contributions? Major, need a new site to get involved with.
    GT: iApollo ze Godi
    AIM: InsiderApollo
    My Youtube: TheLostApollo

Name: Miles Ward
    Alias: MiLeS
    Email: micmiles@live.com
    Do you have any past experience? Yep. I have written a few articles for my school and do work for my college's newspaper
    How often are you able to produce new content? Daily/every other day
    What topics would you prefer to write about? Anything Esports
    Are you interested in becoming a major content producer or would you like to make only minor contributions? Major preferably.

Photobucket
    Added everyone to a spreadsheet! Happy to see all the interest. Few minor bugs that we need to work out and then we will be pushing content to the site! Get some content written up and send it in!

Excited to see what we all can do.

Photobucket
    AotM
    Im really liking a couple of the applicants. What I would like to make happen is the ability for any community member who writes a good piece can get it featured on the site and we will be able to really hear what the community has to say and not the same people all the time. Another thing I would like to implement is something from shoryuken.com, a fighting game community, basically when you see some breaking news pertaining to gaming (something like halo 4 screenshots leaked, or killa kc talking about zero bloom for 2012 on twitter) you can contact one of our editors who will type up a quick breaking news thing and credit you for sending in the tip. For the big things everyone wants to read it will reach more people than if it were just posted in a forum, allowing everyone to see it. http://shoryuken.com/2011/12/05/niit...d-of-the-year/ here is a good example of these types of articles.
    twitter: @dillonmcgaughey

PM me for custom Graphic Design work, Twitch/Twitter Layouts, Astro Tag Designs ect.