Welcome to the The LAN Network Forum.
  • Login:
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Crawler

If two people team up, does only 1 person get to come, or do both?
    I made a new friend today. Real or imaginary? Imaginary.
    Twitter | Facebook | Cracking open a cold one.

what if there is more than one person who worked on the map and wins? do they both get to go or only one?

Sir LANs-a-lot

Fantasy Camper
    I'd imagine only 1 person would get to go. If not then whats to stop someone who wins from just saying their friend helped to get a buddy to go as well. Either way this is a GREAT contest with one HELL of a reward and I plan on starting my map ASAP.

Good luck to all users and thanks Mr. P and other admins for the great contest idea that technically rewards everyone (encourages competitive map development which I'm ALL for!).
    Current GT(s):
    das ITCHY

Jean-Claude LAN Damme

Astro Gaming
    guess i need to start learning forge now.. haha.
    Gamertag = Panda CT
    (:

LANimal

Sounds great. I was wondering if there would be a prize for a runner up or something. Maybe like a stream pass or membership? Best of luck to all!

NeighborFan BravoFan

LAN Fan

Do we have to make a whole spawning system for the map?

that would kinda suck if two people work on it and one person can only go. I kinda wish you could bring the team so that they all could experience it together as a team and learn better together than just one person going on his own and end up getting bored just watching pros by himself. but otherwise its a pretty cool prize

i suck at forging so good luck to all you forgers out there!

Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by ITCHY View Post
    I'd imagine only 1 person would get to go. If not then whats to stop someone who wins from just saying their friend helped to get a buddy to go as well. Either way this is a GREAT contest with one HELL of a reward and I plan on starting my map ASAP.

Good luck to all users and thanks Mr. P and other admins for the great contest idea that technically rewards everyone (encourages competitive map development which I'm ALL for!).
    Such thing as theater.
    I made a new friend today. Real or imaginary? Imaginary.
    Twitter | Facebook | Cracking open a cold one.

Green LANtern

Quote Originally Posted by Rand0miz3 View Post
    that would kinda suck if two people work on it and one person can only go. I kinda wish you could bring the team so that they all could experience it together as a team and learn better together than just one person going on his own and end up getting bored just watching pros by himself. but otherwise its a pretty cool prize

i suck at forging so good luck to all you forgers out there!
    @bold: That would not happen to me.

For whoever asked about spawning... Yes, you would have to set-up your spawns/spawn areas for each gametype, the objective areas/goals for each gametype, and of course the weapon layouts.

I am extremely confident with my map so far. The basic layout has been finished and I've ran my first 7-9 games of play-testing on it (even got 2 games tested on it with a very popular person... ). It is now going through its first of many tweaking stages. I have it set-up for all the MLG gametypes, but it's best for CTF, Territories, Assault, and King of the Hill (once Bungie fixes KotH). Slayer of course works on it... but I would not suggest Oddball.

Anyways, if more people want to playtest the map with me, send me a message over XBL.
    Roybox's #1 fan. FB's #1 fan.
    I asked for this team for weeks. Dreams do come true.

LAN Helsing

I wish I had the patience to do this but unfortunately I don't. Good luck everyone.
    GT: Kevin Smallz

YOUR KILLING ME SMALLz!